Disney Buying LucasFilm! WHOA

Maerj

Twilight and High School Musical: nuff said.

Did any of the prequels get nomianted for a best picture oscar? I think the evidence for your claim that the OT and the PT are the same and it the audience that has changed is based on a very small, inaccurate sample size. The fact of the matter is that the original was successful and popular by its own merits, and the prequels were successful because of the originals. How else could they make so much money, yet receive such consitant critism. The prequels are not completely bad, but bad enough that they were a big diappointment. To me, a movie that has poor acting, poor direction (as evidenced by the poor acting of skilled actors), and rediculous dialog is not a good movie. This deviates from the originals completely based of the body of evidence ie award nominations, fan/critic reaction etc. Compared to the OT, Lucas wrote all of his own scripts without any rewrites. This was one of the primary issues with the PT.

You say the audience changed but the films are virtually the same. Essentially you are saying that those who are not fans of the PT are swayed by factors beyond the merits of the film. But isn't that why you LIKE the PT? You said you were just happy to have new Star Wars. To you the quality is irrelevant. That makes your opinion that the PT is great no more relevant than the opinion that the OT is far superior by your own argument.

And if the fans are the ones that have changed and not the quality of the PT, then would the opinion of the OT change over time for those same fans?

As I have said before, everyone has their own opion and are entitled to it. The above post was an ongoing back and forth between myself and another member and I don't wish to get into it again. We both deleted our posts and moved on. Feel free to not like the films all you want. I enjoyed them and I think that others did as well.

I will end with that as I don't need to get into another fight over this.

Crazy Harry

As I have said before, everyone has their own opion and are entitled to it. The above post was an ongoing back and forth between myself and another member and I don't wish to get into it again. We both deleted our posts and moved on. Feel free to not like the films all you want. I enjoyed them and I think that others did as well.

I will end with that as I don't need to get into another fight over this.

I don't fight, I discuss, but I respect your choice not to continue with these points.

NoChesterHester

You may be right, but I was looking at it another way. My family probably averages 10 days or so a year at WDW and we don't always do the dining plan. Sometimes we cook in our unit or if we drive down eat out, etc. especially if we're planning on hitting things offsite. Anyhoo, when we don't do the dining plan we might do one or two sit down meals at the World or we might not. The Cantina would be something I would do every trip unless it was completely lameified. I don't know how many people out there would be like me though.

Like you in spending money at a Mos Eisley Cantina? A LOT. I don't make enough... I just spent a hundred thinking about it...

RSoxNo1

It seems like Mark Hamill is in talks to be in Episode 7:

http://entertainment.nbcnews.com/_n...-hamill-in-talks-for-new-star-wars-films?lite

Seemed pretty sure it was going to happen eventually just a matter of when. Not set in stone here as he still has to meet with Ardnt and Kennedy about his possible role in this film but none the less is good news for me.
How lengthy can those talks be for Mark Hamill, I'm guessing his agent answer's the phone with, "He'll do it".

Genie of the Lamp

How lengthy can those talks be for Mark Hamill, I'm guessing his agent answer's the phone with, "He'll do it".

Only length for these talks will be the financials related to his contract (bonuses, peformance clause,etc.) but yeah most likely he will take it in a heart beat if offered to him in a heart beat. Right after the Priceline Negotiator books him an extended hotel stay on Hoth or Endor.;)

Genie of the Lamp

More updates:
http://www.fashionnstyle.com/articl...-plot-michael-arndt-write-screenplay-year.htm
Basically says Ardnt will write script with Han, Leia, and Luke appearing much older verisons of themselves.

http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/mov...-he-wants-a-role-in-star-wars-episode-7/44956
Mark Wahlberg says he wants a role in Episode 7. Wouldn't mind being in the film.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...e-dubious-star-wars-episode-7-rumors-20130227

Simon Pegg says him being involved with the SW ep 7 is false and says he wants no part in it.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto

Festivus

I was thinking that they actually kept John Noble in the sensory deprivation take tripping on acid the entire series between takes. Let him get to a really good "mad scientist" headspace.
I cant think of a better actor to cast as a villain except Ian McDiarmid...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom