Disney and Universal working on Marvel deal for Florida?

ProfSavage

Just a thought, with the recent agreement with Nintendo and Universal. Has anyone thought about IOA becoming a Nintendo central and marvel being handed over to Disney? Just a thought

monty-python-no-o.gif

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Fanbois, Universal is NEVER going to relinquish MARVEL Characters to WDW they got them too cheap (as in the time when you could not GIVE MARVEL stuff away) and they make lots of money on them, Plus Comcast enjoys watching Disney grovel for them. Don't forget that Comcast is 2X the size of Disney and is more evil than Iger's wildest dreams of evil.

Disney does all the heavy lifting for MARVEL and UNI rakes in the park bucks,

seascape

Fanbois, Universal is NEVER going to relinquish MARVEL Characters to WDW they got them too cheap (as in the time when you could not GIVE MARVEL stuff away) and they make lots of money on them, Plus Comcast enjoys watching Disney grovel for them. Don't forget that Comcast is 2X the size of Disney and is more evil than Iger's wildest dreams of evil.

Disney does all the heavy lifting for MARVEL and UNI rakes in the park bucks,
Total sales do not determine a companies value. To say a company with a market cap of 149.5 billion is twice the size of a company with a 187.1 billion market cap is crazy. As for total revenue no investor looks at utility company revenue as the utilities. In the case of cable the vast majority is actually owned by the contact provider, i.e. the cable channels. The two companies are different and valued differently. If Comcast were to spin off a combined NBC Universal then the new company could be compared to TWDC on an equal basis. But getting back to the topic, Disney and Marvel will make deals that are mutually beneficial to each other.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The real world and business in general doesn't operate like professional sports where there are "teams" and clear winners and losers. Obviously Disney would prefer to have the theme park rights to Marvel east of the Mississippi but in the end, what good would that do for the consumer?

In a world where Universal didn't have the rights and Disney had full control, we'd probably get an Avengers themed Star Tours clone in Tomorrowland opening in 2042. The current situation allows Marvel to get brand exposure without having to invest money, it allows Universal to play host to groundbreaking attractions that help drive attendance, and it gives consumers access to attractions based on a beloved IP. As far as spending millions of dollars on a property only to have another company "represent it," as you put it, no one but the folks on these boards even understand or give a damn about who owns what. One of Disney's highest rated shows on ABC is Modern Family and it is neither produced nor owned by Disney or its affiliates. It's produced and owned by 20th Century Fox. We live in a global world with a global economy.

.. and on the flip side, Daredevil is on Netflix instead of a Disney owned TV network.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I'm sorry, I get where the logical statements are coming from, but to me, it makes no sense to spend millions on a property, only to have another company represent it. (And half-a**, I might add) End-Rant.
Surely you can't be serious.
.. and on the flip side, Daredevil is on Netflix instead of a Disney owned TV network.
Creatively, I think it belongs on Netflix. They can get away with a lot more without the watchdogs that would be censoring it on ABC.

bhg469

Surely you can't be serious.

Creatively, I think it belongs on Netflix. They can get away with a lot more without the watchdogs that would be censoring it on ABC.
Plus the acting from the guy who plays foggy.... ugh! He should have stayed with the mighty ducks!!

D'onofrio, however, is fantastic!

jensenrick

Sure! It is nothing major just yet but the inside of Spiderman's Gift Shop have character upgrade representation and new paint work and designs are going up at the stylized meteor strike.

Thank you for this! Always excited to hear about updates to Marvel Superhero Island!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom