Disney and Universal working on Marvel deal for Florida?

H2O_Mouse-Ears

So, I left this thread many days ago after 21 pages of people arguing facts (is this FOX News?) And now I see it has doubled in length with people still debating facts.

I must wonder why Disney fanbois take the fact that UNI has full and utter control of Marvel IP in Florida so badly. Are they dimwits? Because anyone who thinks Disney would jump on building major Marvel attractions at WDW if they could would be delusional. Disney has had Star Wars rights for countless years and has now owned the company outright for years. Do you see an increased, merchandise aside, presence of Star Wars product? In California and Paris where Disney is free to use Marvel IP and where they wouldn't face confusion like they did when selling Marvel crap in the parks in the swamps, what exactly have they done (meet-greet-and-gropes and ... yep ... nothing else)?

And then we have idiots that want to try and rewrite the etched in stone for perpetuity contract to suit their mental needs. UNI can -- and WILL -- add attractions to MSI (the big add, which is a bit away due to all the other projects, will make Disney fanbois cry in their Figment plush). No, the character depictions absolutely do NOT have to be pre-1999. They just have to accurately depict the characters. That's one of the reasons MSI will have a lot of work done to simply its basic appearance in the near future.

Oh, and while I haven't paid much attention to the situation in Japan. Osaka does have Spidey, but it isn't looking to expand a Marvel presence. And the OLC has ZERO interest right now in either Marvel or SW IP, so Disney has no Japanese play.

They're installing an Iron Man attraction (Star Wars on roids is how it was described to me) in HKDL with opening about a year plus away. Right now, SDL is just trying to open with no Marvel or SW presence at all.

Fanbois need to read and understand just how confused and whiny they come off as.

Sorry for the cold interruption, now you can go back to arguing facts and I'll come back in another 20-30 pages.
Agreed with everything you say except the logic applied to Star Wars. I believe Disney has not expanded Star Wars despite having owned its IP for all those years because the original trilogy is just too old and the new trilogy is just terrible. As a result, expanding the Star Wars product in WDW would have counter-productive. However, now with WDW owning all rights to Star Wars and beginning production on a long line of movies, I expect to see this expansion begin to take shape within the new several years.

PhotoDave219

Agreed with everything you say except the logic applied to Star Wars. I believe Disney has not expanded Star Wars despite having owned its IP for all those years because the original trilogy is just too old and the new trilogy is just terrible. As a result, expanding the Star Wars product in WDW would have counter-productive. However, now with WDW owning all rights to Star Wars and beginning production on a long line of movies, I expect to see this expansion begin to take shape within the new several years.

A very wise woman once said "You Know Nothing, Jon Snow"

vapewithape

Plus the acting from the guy who plays foggy.... ugh! He should have stayed with the mighty ducks!!

D'onofrio, however, is fantastic!

Foggy was horrendous. Really cheapened the series overall for me. I get he is supposed to be goofy but the last few episodes he absolutely killed me.

QUACK! QUACK! QUACK! ;)

FrankLapidus

First off, Disney hasn't actually owned the IP for that long have they? There are far more informed people on this forum than myself who will be able to confirm whether or not this is true or not but wasn't there also some sort of falling out between Lucas and Disney that prevented any expansion of the IP beyond Star Tours? I'm sure I read that on here, might have been elsewhere, but I know I saw it mentioned before Disney bought Lucasfilm.

Secondly, the original trilogy has proved its timeles endurance. It will never be "too old", it has spawned arguably the biggest popular culture phenomenon in history and retains a massive global fanbase that has will continue to span generations.

Disney are obviously going to look to capitalise on the new films in the parks, their Star Wars. But a huge part of the draw of the new films is the return of the characters from the original trilogy. Those three films have captivated millions of people for nearly forty years and would still be a huge draw at the parks. Any Disney executive who might possibly think otherwise is an idiot.

Last edited:

H2O_Mouse-Ears

First off, Disney hasn't actually owned the IP for that long have they? There are far more informed people on this forum than myself who will be able to confirm whether or not this is true or not but wasn't there also some sort of falling out between Lucas and Disney that prevented any expansion of the IP beyond Star Tours? I'm sure I read that on here, might have been elsewhere, but I know I saw it mentioned before Disney bought Lucasfilm.

Secondly, the original trilogy has proved its timeles endurance. It will never be "too old", it has spawned arguably the biggest popular culture phenomenon in history and retains a massive global fanbase that has will continue to span generations.

Disney are obviously going to look to capitalise on the new films in the parks, their Star Wars. But a huge part of the draw of the new films is the return of the characters from the original trilogy. Those three films have captivated millions of people for nearly forty years and would still be a huge draw at the parks. Any Disney executive who might possibly think otherwise is an idiot.
I agree it is timeless but I highly doubt that the millennial generation has watched the original Star Wars trilogy. I would bet that they are much more in tune with anything in the MCU than the original Star Wars trilogy. The special effects technology is just too aged for anyone currently in college or younger to be able to watch. If younger kids do know anything about Star Wars, it is most likely from the recent Disney series "Star Wars: Rebels" or the older Cartoon Network "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" animated series.

bhg469

I agree it is timeless but I highly doubt that the millennial generation has watched the original Star Wars trilogy. I would bet that they are much more in tune with anything in the MCU than the original Star Wars trilogy. The special effects technology is just too aged for anyone currently in college or younger to be able to watch. If younger kids do know anything about Star Wars, it is most likely from the recent Disney series "Star Wars: Rebels" or the older Cartoon Network "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" animated series.
If that's their only exposure to star wars then I Feel bad for them. They're about to get a true star wars movie. I really hope the XD stuff is very very minimal in the parks as its animation is terrible and will not lend itself well to a real physical attraction.

H2O_Mouse-Ears

If that's their only exposure to star wars then I Feel bad for them. They're about to get a true star wars movie. I really hope the XD stuff is very very minimal in the parks as its animation is terrible and will not lend itself well to a real physical attraction.
Totally agree and yes this upcoming movie looks like it will rock.

lazyboy97o

Millennials are the kids whose parents brought them to see the Special Editions, the success of which helped convince Lucas to go forward with the prequels.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom