Disney (and others) at the Box Office - Current State of Affairs

DKampy

It was very good. Cage has been acting his behind off as of late. This and Maxxxine were very entertaining movies.
I did enjoy Maxxxine….I have not been able to check out Longlegs… I had prior commitments this weekend… I hope to do so in the next week…. The reviews have been stellar

bwr827

Ugh, Longlegs — I’m sick of the giant creepy red ad for it on this site.

Not a horror fan. I can handle one horror movie every 2 years. But I read the synopsis so I at least know what the popular ones are about.

Great news about Inside Out 2, though!

brideck

Longlegs could be the surprise of the year for me… I had no sense of that kind of buzz… especially with horror underperforming this year… huge win for Neon

Really looking forward to this one. Maika Monroe was fantastic in Watcher (a bit of a twist on Rear Window) from a couple years back.

But I have a lot of catching up to do before we get there. After a long hiatus from the theater, we just saw Kinds of Kindness and The Fall Guy today. I can see why KoK isn't Searchlight's awards play this year. Not the most offbeat Lanthimos has ever done, but far from broadly accessible.

BrianLo

Twisters appears to be doing ok after all. Not because its opening weekend is coming above estimates, but actually because the production budget was over-called. At 155m, its comp is now actually Apes. So opening like Apes is less worrying than I thought it was going to be.

Though international may be underperforming Apes.

Last edited:

DKampy

Twisters appears to be doing ok after all. Not because its opening weekend is coming above estimates, but actually because the production budget was over-called. At 155m, its comp is now actually Apes. So opening like Apes is less worrying than I thought it was going to be.

Twisters seems to be fine….it’s opening day is approximately 31 million…. So it should do even better than Apes opening weekend… it also has great reviews and word of mouth So I would not be surprised if Friday come in even higher

BrianLo

Twisters seems to be fine….it’s opening day is approximately 31 million…. So it should do even better than Apes opening weekend… it also has great reviews and word of mouth So I would not be surprised if Friday come in even higher

It was updated after I posted the article. Was showing as 60 before. 😅

Ya 72, is definitely heading higher. That should help make up for Apes unusual legs in the middle of its run and perhaps a weaker International market if that doesn't over perform predictions.

TP2000

Hiya, gang! Here's the box office for the Thursday previews, with Twisters in #1. Disney also did a limited re-release of The Lion King, which was interesting. Likely a way to build momentum for the next Lion King installment this Thanksgiving.

The Day After The RNC.jpg

Disney Irish

Premium Member

I saw it last night, fun movie but certainly isn't the original. However I could see it coming in under Deadline's $72M prediction, my showing had only 5 people in it and this was an early evening showing.

TP2000

And with the boffo bonzo box office for Inside Out 2 over the past month, here's how that profit machine already looks as it cruises into the history books over the next couple weeks!

Inside Out 2: Production $200, Marketing $100, Domestic $350, Overseas $328 = $378 Million Profit & Counting

Don't Sell The Emeryville Campus Just Yet.jpg

BrianLo

And with the boffo bonzo box office for Inside Out 2 over the past month, here's how that profit machine already looks as it cruises into the history books over the next couple weeks!

Inside Out 2: Production $200, Marketing $100, Domestic $350, Overseas $328 = $378 Million Profit & Counting

View attachment 801892

Inside Out 2: Production $200, Marketing $50, Domestic $350, Overseas $328 = $428 Million Profit & Counting

Tony the Tigger

From a friend:

IMG_5409.jpeg

DKampy

I saw it last night, fun movie but certainly isn't the original. However I could see it coming in under Deadline's $72M prediction, my showing had only 5 people in it and this was an early evening showing.
I saw it as well… I also thought it was fun…except for a couple of rows in front my theater was nearly sold out in the ultra screen…which is our local chains equilivantof an IMAX….Although It was prime movie going time of 7:00 on a Friday night

bwr827

The original was a fun film that I am not sure is “good” but is highly watchable and enjoyable.
It also, in hindsight, has one of the more interesting and stacked casts ever.
I think you’re safe to use the word “good” when a movie is highly watchable and enjoyable. No one is imagining this is Schindler’s List.

DKampy

with @Disney Irish reporting only 5 people in his screening and mine being nearly sold out has me wondering if Twisters is playing better in the middle of the country as opposed to the coasts… I live in Wisconsin… although I rarely see tornados here due to being protected by Lake Michigan… we do see reports on our news about tornados ripping through western Wisconsin and neighboring states such as Iowa showing the damage tornado’s can cause

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom