Disney After Hours Event

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Passes will permit Disney to charge more to our credit cards up to 3 years after we use the passes if they determine in retrospect they should have charged more for the days used.

Hah hah... Oh wait, my gym just got sued for doing this very thing.... :cautious:

Baloo62

Congratulations Disney. You have succeeded in turning one of your most loyal guests into one of your most disgusted critics. The curtain has been lifted and you have shown yourself for what you really are...an insatiable, greedy bunch of blood-suckers who gleefully feast upon the blind allegiance of your supporters. Go ahead and charge $500 a day for each park and $1000 for three hours of after hours magic. Why not? Idiots will gladly max out all of their credit cards to fuel your bottomless appetite for cash. Hell, triple those figures. There will still be fools with cash in hand ready to storm the gates. You sicken me, you pack of filthy vultures.

Last edited:

LAKid53

Premium Member
"Im sorry ma'am, the free transportation starts one hour after park opens and ends one hour before the fireworks. For the rest, here is our tiered fee system."

"And strollers/ECVs/wheelchairs will be an extra $50 per person each way. Have a Magical Day".

note2001

Congratulations Disney. You have succeeded in turning one of your most loyal guests into one of your staunchest critics. The curtain has been lifted and you have shown yourself for what you really are...an insatiable, greedy bunch of blood-suckers who gleefully feast upon the blind allegiance of your supporters. Go ahead and charge $500 a day for each park and $1000 for three hours of after hours magic. Why not, some idiot will gladly max out all of their credit cards to fuel your bottomless appetite for cash. Hell, triple those figures. There will still be fools with cash in hand ready to storm the gates. You sicken me, you pack of filthy vultures.
Don't hold back: tell us how you really feel. :)
Quite honestly, I'm right there with you. I adore Disney (of the past) and am very leery about what is running the company these days. There's a total sell out of Disney's original values.

The newest iteration of management isn't thinking about show, they're not even faithful to their biggest fans: their own employees, and it seems there is no stop to the behavior. Put Chip and Dale in charge -- at least they have the nuts to tell the accountants how to whittle their sticks and where to store them, pointy side up.

Last edited:

LAKid53

Premium Member
Quite honestly, I'm right there with you. I adore Disney (of the past) and am very leery about what is running the company these days. It's a total sell out of Disney's original values.

The new management isn't thinking about show, they're not even faithful to their biggest fans: their own employees, and it seems there is no stop to the behavior. Put Chip and Dale in charge - at least they have the nuts to tell the accountants how to whittle their sticks and where to store them, pointy side up.

Agree about the employees. The ones I've had more than just a casual conversation with all consider working at Disney, especially in a theme park, their dream job. Even as they try not to die from heat stroke while leading a Keys to the Kingdom tour in the brutal Florida summer dressed in long pants, long sleeved shirt, tie and vest. Ladies had the same uniform, but traded the long pants for skirts, hose and heels. Now THAT is a dedicated employee who loves their job. So don't screw them over, Disney.

JChoma

I had planned to go to MK on 4/21 when it was estimated as a lower crowd day, and Epcot the following day (Friday). Do you think this
new evening event will greatly increase crowds? Would you swap the 2 days and go to MK on Friday instead? We are planning to see wishes.

mwlillie

The next price scam I see coming (other than the suggested water parks) is $25 per person per day for enhanced FP+ (6 selections vice the current 3) and the extra magical FP++ for $50 per person per day which allows for immediate access to all FP+ attractions for the entire day. You can see the writing on the wall. This would take no big programming changes and could be done to magic bands at any time.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
The next price scam I see coming (other than the suggested water parks) is $25 per person per day for enhanced FP+ (6 selections vice the current 3) and the extra magical FP++ for $50 per person per day which allows for immediate access to all FP+ attractions for the entire day. You can see the writing on the wall. This would take no big programming changes and could be done to magic bands at any time.
I'm sorry. They must have cleaned that wall off before I saw it. Where has Disney indicated they are going to charge for fp?

LAKid53

Premium Member
I had planned to go to MK on 4/21 when it was estimated as a lower crowd day, and Epcot the following day (Friday). Do you think this
new evening event will greatly increase crowds? Would you swap the 2 days and go to MK on Friday instead? We are planning to see wishes.

Yes. Especially if you want to stay past Wishes.

cslafferty

Wow. Just wow. I'm actually at a loss for words. I'm glad this news broke after I planned my Spring trip, or I might have bagged the whole thing. Just so disappointed. Time for a new favorite vacation spot. :(
Go to Disneyland! My husband and I decided to take our annual Dec. Disneyworld trip to the west coast this past year, since there was lots of construction at WDW. Loved it!

FutureCEO

confirmed - $150 for 3 hours
let the nickel and diming continue folks

anyone want to bet this is a test for ending EMH and beginning to charge for it?

101-Field-of-Dreams-quotes.gif

BrerJon

It reminds me of furniture stores that mark up sofas by $200 days before a price cut so they can say '$200 off!'. Disney is chopping the hours down so that it can add them back on again and sell them as being an 'extra'.

Ticket windows should quote a 'per hour' charge so guests can see how much they're really getting, especially on days with early closing. When prices are so high, and hours are so arbitrary, it might be a good wake up call for some people.

cslafferty

Quite honestly, I'm right there with you. I adore Disney (of the past) and am very leery about what is running the company these days. It's a total sell out of Disney's original values.

The new management isn't thinking about show, they're not even faithful to their biggest fans: their own employees, and it seems there is no stop to the behavior. Put Chip and Dale in charge - at least they have the nuts to tell the accountants how to whittle their sticks and where to store them, pointy side up.
I'd bet ol' Uncle Walt is looking down, shaking his head in disgust, and wondering how he can get his name removed from this mess.

NowInc

I wouldnt say youre too far off, actually. Except it's more like this: Eliminate emh, make the new "perk" for staying on property 5 or 6 fp+ selections per day instead of the 3 everybody else gets. This will make fp much harder to book unless youre staying on property. No need to charge regular guests more since the upcharge will be built into the resorts.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I wouldnt say youre too far off, actually. Except it's more like this: Eliminate emh, make the new "perk" for staying on property 5 or 6 fp+ selections per day instead of the 3 everybody else gets. This will make fp much harder to book unless youre staying on property. No need to charge regular guests more since the upcharge will be built into the resorts.

:eek:

DisneyPrincess5

Lots of great posts and thoughts here. @Baloo62 , I get you.
I will give us credit and say that I feel we have been a patient bunch for a quite while, forgiving and resilient even. But I believe that this news and the news of recent projects and changes lately is rapidly wearing on that patience and resilience.

I am not sure if this will be good or bad in the long run.

What I will say is that, for me at least, it is becoming apparent that not much is sacred anymore, and all simplicity has been burned to the ground. Everyone perception of what is simple is different of course, but I'll tell you that this is not mine. Please take me back to the WDW of the early-mid 90s.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Lots of great posts and thoughts here. @Baloo62 , I get you.
I will give us credit and say that I feel we have been a patient bunch for a quite while, forgiving and resilient even. But I believe that this news and the news of recent projects and changes lately is rapidly wearing on that patience and resilience.

I am not sure if this will be good or bad in the long run.

What I will say is that, for me at least, it is becoming apparent that not much is sacred anymore, and all simplicity has been burned to the ground. Everyone perception of what is simple is different of course, but I'll tell you that this is not mine. Please take me back to the WDW of the early-mid 90s.

Well said, @DisneyPrincess5.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom