Disney After Hours Event

Calmdownnow

I don't work at Disney and don't know anyone who does...but my best bet on the next up-charges is night-time summer events at the water parks. These are currently showing 5pm closure times in the summer months. Surely there is good money to be made encouraging Florida locals to pay a shed load of money for 3 hours water parking between 5 and 8 pm in June, July and August. Especially if free ice cream and soda is thrown in...

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I don't work at Disney and don't know anyone who does...but my best bet on the next up-charges is night-time summer events at the water parks. These are currently showing 5pm closure times in the summer months. Surely there is good money to be made encouraging Florida locals to pay a shed load of money for 3 hours water parking between 5 and 8 pm in June, July and August. Especially if free ice cream and soda is thrown in...

Not to mention mosquitoes....

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

This could happen I guess. More importantly it got me thinking...

TDO, with this after hours event, and the Xmas and Halloween parties(which we expect will dramatically increase in price) Is essentially getting two days in one out of its premiere park. Day guests pay their way, then are dumped out, so that the night guests can pay their way in. Dastardly.

LAKid53

Premium Member
This could happen I guess. More importantly it got me thinking...

TDO, with this after hours event, and the Xmas and Halloween parties(which we expect will dramatically increase in price) Is essentially getting two days in one out of its premiere park. Day guests pay their way, then are dumped out, so that the night guests can pay their way in. Dastardly.

Ah, but if you need to increase revenues/cut costs because a new venture is hemorrhaging $$$$ and your customers are sheep, *ahem loyal*, it makes perfect sense.

Brad Bishop

The more I think about this: I'm done.

My AP still has 6 months on it and it's clear to me that Disney doesn't want me (or only wants/values everything inside my wallet). I don't want to pay "check-in courtesy fees" (not a real thing but why shouldn't they do it, based on everything that's been done so far) or pay $150 to have what EMH used to be or pay a resort fee at an already over priced resort.

Good luck to them. They obviously have more fans than they need and can charge literally whatever they like. I'm just going to be Universal guy and maybe Busch (snicker) guy now.

This is from a long standing Disney guy who's very much about capitalism. Capitalism needs customers and I'm no longer one for Disney.

They win. They can have a higher class clientele than I.

hanwill

I will be irate if this happens for the summer.I have already booked a ten day trip for 7 people where we are paying for those days at the parks. If suddenly my available hours get cut, I will complain loudly. It might be my last trip- and we go every year. We are being nickel and dime to death and this is ridiculous. Spend more for less, and now less time... and on top of that you can spend more than a one day ticket for 3 whole hours? Who thinks this makes good sense? PR goes a long way these days with social media. I am disgusted.

po1998

1 - I don't think there is any way in hell that the recent very very greedy WDW decision makers are going to limit this to a measly 3,000 guests.

2 - If it is a much higher cap(say 15,000), and they only get 1k-3k per event, it will probably disappear very quickly.

3 - I'm not sure I'd pay $150+TAX even if was limited to 500 people.

4 - What's the next money grab going to be?

LAKid53

Premium Member
Im betting on paid 'deluxe' resort to park transportation

Including walking across World Way from Contemporary and BLT to get to MK...... "Sorry, ma'am, but to cross the street here, I need $15. Thanks and have a magical day!"

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
True, but it was not anywhere near $150 back then.

I think you are missing my point. I would not pay this because I have an annual pass. If I did not have that and want to spend one day in the Magic Kingdom the cost would not be that bad. I am at a convention in Orlando and I want to spend one day a the Magic Kingdom. A ticket would cost over $100.00 for one day. If I show up at 7:00 pm I would be able to spend 6 hours in the park and three of them with very few people in the park. So deduct the cost of a one day ticket I am only paying less then $50.00 for the reduced crowds and getting ice cream and drinks. Not to bad if I am only going one day anyway. This has nothing to do with the cost of E-ride years ago, it is not the same thing.

GiveMeTheMusic

I will be irate if this happens for the summer.I have already booked a ten day trip for 7 people where we are paying for those days at the parks. If suddenly my available hours get cut, I will complain loudly. It might be my last trip- and we go every year. We are being nickel and dime to death and this is ridiculous. Spend more for less, and now less time... and on top of that you can spend more than a one day ticket for 3 whole hours? Who thinks this makes good sense? PR goes a long way these days with social media. I am disgusted.

Let me help you out: don't go to WDW anymore. Go to Disneyland/LA, or if you really want to save money, go overseas where the dollar is trouncing every other currency. I won't be going back to WDW for the foreseeable future, as it's akin to lighting money on fire.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom