Disney After Hours Event

Arty Cordova

Not sure if this would actually be profitable with $45,000 ($150 x 3,000) of 'ticket' revenue to keep attractions up and running. I think the park would make more money if fully operating for 3 hours with more people to shop/eat. The amount of Cast it takes to 'clear a park' for Halloween and Christmas parties is pretty substantial and that's for like 20,000 people.
$450K?

HRHPrincessAriel

FWIW the MK seems to have been open 965 hours in April and May 2015. It's scheduled to be open 908 hours (57 fewer) in 2016.

About 8 of those hours are for the 24-hour event. 8 fewer morning EMH and 1 fewer evening EMH are scheduled for 2016 too.
At this point can't hours still be added? Aren't there frequent changes to the schedule? @wdwmagic

Last edited:

JohnD

I suppose one could look at this as night-time party to attend without having to purchase a regular day ticket. Either 6 or 7 hours with 7pm entry - 1am or 7pm entry - 2am, depending on the night. Okay, fine. But why spend $150 for 6 or 7 hours in the spring when you can spend $62-$75 for MNSSHP or MVMCP from 4pm - Midnight (8 hours). WAY overpriced.

hopemax

So over on the DIS, a poster (who's daughter is a CM in the area that knew about this) keeps posting cryptically, that WDW is really upset that this info leaked, and that they are looking for heads to roll about the leak. And saying that this was one portion of a bigger roll-out Disney wanted to announce all at once. No speculation on what the other parts would be.

asianway

So over on the DIS, a poster (who's daughter is a CM in the area that knew about this) keeps posting cryptically, that WDW is really upset that this info leaked, and that they are looking for heads to roll about the leak. And saying that this was one portion of a bigger roll-out Disney wanted to announce all at once. No speculation on what the other parts would be.
Well, I can name the culprit...for a price. Tell Danny to get in touch with me, he knows where to find me.

note2001

Disney's arm was not bent behind their backs to release any information. Anything "leaked" is simply rumor until they say otherwise. The fact that they put this out on their blog like this tells me they were prepared.

jrhwdw

Disney's arm was not bent behind their backs to release any information. Anything "leaked" is simply rumor until they say otherwise. The fact that they put this out on their blog like this tells me they were prepared.

It's not on the Parks Blog, maybe someone leaked the official site?

As for bigger roll out, Could MK be planning entertainment for this?
Maybe Friendship Farie, FOF or different Parade, or the Fireworks that MK did for DVC 25 or a new show?

PhotoDave219

If I had to guess, they know exactly who did it and corporate has been looking at him for awhile.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom