Disney After Hours Event

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Just took a couple minutes to look up Park hours....

These "parties" are taking place almost exclusively on Thursdays. Which makes comparisons easier.

So. On the corresponding Thursday's in April 2015. The MK was open till 12a or 1a each night. That means, we are losing 2 hours on each of these nights that was previously part of normal admission. So there goes the argument that this only affects those willing to pay.

the-reason14

I really don't understand how this ****es people off. Will I personally pay for it? No. But does it affect anyone who doesn't pay for it? Heck no.

It doesn't affect us because we choose not to spend that ridiculous amount of money for 3 measly hours, but it does affect us because this is the start of a trend that vacationers and long time visitors to WDW are beginning to see. At some point, the value of a vacation to WDW just won't be worth it. That's what es us off.

Last edited:

space42

It doesn't affect us because we choose not to spend that ridiculous amount of money for 3 measly ours, but it does affect us because this is the start of a trend that vacationers and long time visitors to WDW are beginning to see. At some point, the value of a vacation to WDW just won't be worth it. That's what ****es us off.
Since the park is open two less hours than the same Thursday's from 2015 - it is affecting every guest.

JTT

If it's really held to a low number like 3000, it might be worth it.

How many tickets do they sell for mickey's not so scary halloween party?

Because that get too crowded.

matt9112

Just took a couple minutes to look up Park hours....

These "parties" are taking place almost exclusively on Thursdays. Which makes comparisons easier.

So. On the corresponding Thursday's in April 2015. The MK was open till 12a or 1a each night. That means, we are losing 2 hours on each of these nights that was previously part of normal admission. So there goes the argument that this only affects those willing to pay.

So it's more of an upcharge to late night park operations. Pay x and the park is still open for you. Also taking away opportunity from regular guests....these are dark times....keep in mind that universal APs are less than half of Disney's I believe. :)

note2001

So, ok. Disney hears change rattling around in the pockets of some of their guests and knows these folks would spend it given the chance. Is that what this is about? Wouldn't it be easier to set up some donation bins along main street to encourage visitors to help out poor Shanghai and Hong Kong? (maybe they fear melted half-eaten mickey pops dumped in the donation bins)

asianway

So folks will be paying $150 for a couple of M&Gs? Wow. :facepalm:
Im speaking of the Halloween parties which include most rides, quite a fee M&G, a parade, at least one show, a couple dance parties, and fireworks. For $70 - now anyway, I figure thats worth $125

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So, ok. Disney hears change rattling around in the pockets of some of their guests and knows these folks would spend it given the chance. Is that what this is about? Wouldn't it be easier to set up some donation bins along main street to encourage visitors to help out poor Shanghai and Hong Kong? (maybe they fear melted half-eaten mickey pops dumped in the donation bins)
Shanghai needs more than loose change ;)

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
So, ok. Disney hears change rattling around in the pockets of some of their guests and knows these folks would spend it given the chance. Is that what this is about? Wouldn't it be easier to set up some donation bins along main street to encourage visitors to help out poor Shanghai and Hong Kong?

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:. I just found $1.49 under my couch cushions I can donate, lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom