Disney After Hours Event

Pete Lucia

Just took a couple minutes to look up Park hours....

These "parties" are taking place almost exclusively on Thursdays. Which makes comparisons easier.

So. On the corresponding Thursday's in April 2015. The MK was open till 12a or 1a each night. That means, we are losing 2 hours on each of these nights that was previously part of normal admission. So there goes the argument that this only affects those willing to pay.[/QUOTE

These "parties" are taking place almost exclusively on Thursdays. Which makes comparisons easier.

So. On the corresponding Thursday's in April 2015. The MK was open till 12a or 1a each night. That means, we are losing 2 hours on each of these nights that was previously part of normal admission. So there goes the argument that this only affects those willing to pay.

It's really not a fair comparison. Last year Easter was in April, that is probably why the hours were later. Much more crowded. This year Easter is in March, the overflow crowds should be gone by the event dates in April.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Im speaking of the Halloween parties which include most rides, quite a fee M&G, a parade, at least one show, a couple dance parties, and fireworks. For $70 - now anyway, I figure thats worth $125

Sorry, thought you were referring to the MK after hours event.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
It's really not a fair comparison. Last year Easter was in April, that is probably why the hours were later. Much more crowded. This year Easter is in March, the overflow crowds should be gone by the event dates in April.

Easter was April 5 last year. That leaves basically all of April as "post Easter".

docdebbi

when you think about it, it's not as bad a deal as it seems on the surface. if you can get in at 7 pm and the park is open until 2 AM and only 3000 people there, you can accomplish a full day's worth of rides in only 7 hours. now, entertainment will be lacking, but ride-wise you can get it all in.
not like i think it's a fair price, but i think it's not as outrageous as it first appears.

I cannot be the only one who remembers E-ticket night many years ago. you paid an extra price to be in the park after hours and the E-tickets were open. We could ride something 5-6 times in a row without getting off. the difference is, it was not NEARLY as expensive. it was actually reasonably priced, and designed for guest enjoyment, not money grabbing. but the precedent does exist for this.

Animaniac93-98

when you think about it, it's not as bad a deal as it seems on the surface. if you can get in at 7 pm and the park is open until 2 AM and only 3000 people there, you can accomplish a full day's worth of rides in only 7 hours. now, entertainment will be lacking, but ride-wise you can get it all in.
not like i think it's a fair price, but i think it's not as outrageous as it first appears.

This. Since you can get up to 7 hours admission with free ice cream and soda, without any base ticket requirement, I think this is an easy sell when compared to the standard day ticket (which costs at least $105).

space42

I really don't get all of the complaining about this. I have a much bigger problem with the holiday parties that actually eat into the operating hours of the park. This is an incremental offering.
The park is closing two hours early from what it was last year on Thursdays.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
This. Since you can get up to 7 hours admission with free ice cream and soda, without any base ticket requirement, I think this is an easy sell when compared to the standard day ticket (which costs at least $105).

My biggest concern would be the vagueness of what is and what is not open. Close Hall of Presidents, Tiki Room, Carousel of Progress? Sure. But no mention of Splash Mountain, Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, or Buzz Lightyears (or some of those other rides where a FastPass can really help)? Personally, if I knew Jungle Cruise was going to be open (even if they would run half or 1/3 the number of boats after hours), it might be worth the cost to have some nearly "private" cruises on JC... they can slow down the boats a bit, cram in a few more jokes (even some of the more "after hour" jokes)... could be fun... and as others have said, if you're going for the full 7 hours, $150 isn't so crazy (assuming the rides you really want to ride are open)...

CaptainAmerica

My biggest concern would be the vagueness of what is and what is not open. Close Hall of Presidents, Tiki Room, Carousel of Progress? Sure. But no mention of Splash Mountain, Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, or Buzz Lightyears (or some of those other rides where a FastPass can really help)? Personally, if I knew Jungle Cruise was going to be open (even if they would run half or 1/3 the number of boats after hours), it might be worth the cost to have some nearly "private" cruises on JC... they can slow down the boats a bit, cram in a few more jokes (even some of the more "after hour" jokes)... could be fun...
Splash is the one that jumped out at me. I suspect it's weather-dependent.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member

So. On the corresponding Thursday's in April 2015. The MK was open till 12a or 1a each night. That means, we are losing 2 hours on each of these nights that was previously part of normal admission. So there goes the argument that this only affects those willing to pay.
Don't know where you are getting this, but the park closed at 10pm every night throughout all of May in 2015. You aren't losing anything. Let's get the facts straight before complaining.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I looked at multiple other sites, and they all reported a closing time of 10pm for MK during all of May. Weird.
Ah see you need to check the best one first ;) LOL

In all seriousness though, it sound like the sites you looked at did not update the hours after they were initially released. The provisional hours are always short, then about a month out they extend them. I constantly check and update the hours once they get extended.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Ah see you need to check the best one first ;) LOL

In all seriousness though, it sound like the sites you looked at did not update the hours after they were initially released. The provisional hours are always short, then about a month out they extend them. I constantly check and update the hours once they get extended.
I stand corrected! Thanks for being up-to-date.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
@LuvtheGoof @xdan0920 @wdwmagic My point remains, if only to be modified slightly. We're talking about an hour, two hours at most. I still think the Halloween party cutting three hours on a regular basis is far worse.
Oh I completely agree as even the parties have no affect on us. We just park hop to EPCOT or hit Jellyrolls on those nights. I don't feel like we are losing anything at all. We've been to each of the parties, and have no need to do them again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom