Disney After Hours Event

Makamah

This is getting out of hand with pay for this pay for that

I don't understand people's logic either to it doesn't effect me so I don't care. Technically it doesn't effect me either. As of today there are still EMH and park is not closing early. However this is the test. If this goes well it could be the end of EMH or shorten park hours.

It is like the tiered ticket. Yes today it only effects 1 day guests. But if you don't think tiering is coming to everyone your fooling yourself. They can't roll all the bad out at once. Baby steps

hayzer11

Energy, you make the world go round!
The kicker is that not even all the attractions would be open, it sounds like just the EMH ones (no splash etc.)
Either way it effects APs and regular tickets alike :(

Lucky

Well, according to the Disney World website, it says "Check in at 7pm" at the Main Entrance. To me, that is like getting in at 4pm for MNSSHP and MVMCP. So, IF you can indeed enter at 7pm, and park is closing at 10pm to regular guests, you are then getting 6 hours in the park (plus ice cream, drinks, whatever else they decide to include after 10pm). I'm sorry, but I would give it a shot for that as opposed to just 3 hours. Then again, we're not a 'family' - it's just myself and my grown daughter who each pay our own way, so it's a lot more appealing to people like us!

The thing I DO have issue with is how long it will take to really clear the park. If it is supposed to feel like a private event, it's going to be really irritating to find that loads of people have jumped in line for rides at 9:55. It will take the better part of an hour if not more to get everyone who doesn't have a ticket out of the park.
Yeah, hopefully they'll be really tough in evicting any freeloaders who paid a mere $115 if they try to stay until 10:00. .

PinnySmart

I really dont think this will do well. They tried it with Epcot after hours and that died a quick death. I bet this is gone before you know it.
Unfortunately I think it will do quite well. If the limit is 3000 like we've heard. I doubt it will be difficult to sell out. Disney is testing the waters. Thinning out the heard and becoming a premium vacation in experience is what they are trying to create. No more will there be once a year trips except for the very rich, there will be once in a lifetime trips for the regular guy just how it used to be. We can cry all we like but things are changing, in a few years WDW will be unrecognizable. It's funny that when this thread started there were a few screaming for sources and saying how Disney would never do this. I can't help but laugh.

DisDan

So is this supposed to be a bridge between the Full VIP tours and those people willing to spend a little more for "privileged" access, just NOT as much as it would cost to do the Full VIP tour.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I think Disney may be testing 2 things:

1) Some version of EMH for offsite guests willing to pay a premium for it.
2) Whether they can charge 40% more for a ticket without having a 40% drop in attendance

There seems to be limited appeal for the DAH event if you're already staying on site, because you've already got access to morning and evening EMHs. Some on-site guests will surely try it, but I think for most, the cost/benefit is just out of the question. I'd think that offsite guests might be more willing to rationalize it. We'll see.

The second idea is just revenue optimization. They're able to test a $150 price point in the real world, instead of sending out surveys or trying to extrapolate price curves from spreadsheets.

Call me naive, but I don't see this as the end of onsite EMH. I could be wrong.

I agree they may just be trying to get the best of both worlds - keeping enough EMHs so room occupancy doesn't fall, while trying to extract a little more cash from off-site guests.

Agree with both of your points. And I Don't think EMH is leaving anytime soon and they just want to get more money from the non WDW resort guests etc. :cat:

Lirael

Yeah, hopefully they'll be really tough in evicting any freeloaders who paid a mere $115 if they try to stay until 10:00. .
I would most certainly attempt to freeload if I was at MK during one of those days. Let's see how well they succeed in keeping out undesirables with less staff and other cuts

Brad Bishop

I bet the MNNSHP and MVMCP tickets top $100 this year. I really don't know if they're bold enough to bump it to $150, but I bet they're aiming for that within 2-5 years.

That being said, it really wouldn't surprise me to see $150/head tickets for MNSSHP and MVMCP this year with an increase in the number of nights (6 or 7 instead of 4) per week. They're definitely in a money-grab mood right now. To be fair, it looks like no matter what they do people line up and say, "TAKE MY MONEY!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom