Disney After Hours Event

Witchy Chick

I wonder if the fact you can't book any TS in the Magic Kingdom beyond 6pm from Sept 1 onward lends any credence to this.

This ADR issue was mentioned on another thread. Since then, I've been looking at every date Sept 1 to current 180dayout booking date. Nothing later than 5:10pm. For every day so far in Sept - not just suspected MNSSHP dates (which most are guesstimating based on MNSSHP past schedule).

Close the parks to general guests at 6pm/7pm? 3 hours "extra" for $150 a pop. On (roughly) every other night, where the non-after hours nights are MNSSHP nights -- another early park closing/up charge event?

Could this be a reality? Where MK closes at 7pm all of Sept for MNSSHP half the month and After Hours party the other half of the month? :eek: :eek: :eek:

All of this is speculation on my part. But that ADR thing is realllllllly odd.

PirateFrank

So it's been asked a few times -- and all I see is speculation that EMH is ending. It's definitely a logical jump (unlike the RoL bull donkey). But I have to press - and forgive me for doing so - Is there anyone with real intel that can verify the objective is to phase out EMH?

Nmoody1

E-rode nights used to cost what, $50?! Are they throwing in a fireworks show and meet and greet with rare characters and free food and drink..... still wouldn't be worth it! This is absolute craziness. If you want to spread capacity, build more. Of you want more money, provide better food offerings and merchandise. If you want to charge more for hotels, offer the amenities and services of a true 5 star resort offering. Just because the MK is a 5 minute monorail ride away (when it's not broken down or closed) does not warrant prices charged.

jrhwdw

There better be entertainment at this thing!!

I think that WDW needs to release AK's hours & ROL times like NOW!!! If not today, very, very soon! They're not helping their image right now. it would be nice if they also give us a date for Friendship Faire that's relevantly close to DAWM's close date.

NowInc

Once again, where is the official announcement that is posted about? The sites reporting on this don't seem to site a source? One site which has notoriously click baited more than a few times with things like "Shots fired at Disney Springs". Reserve your panic until its official.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Once again, where is the official announcement that is posted about? The sites reporting on this don't seem to site a source? One site which has notoriously click baited more than a few times with things like "Shots fired at Disney Springs". Reserve your panic until its official.

You're right, of course...

The price could be higher then $150, the panic level may need to be raised.

Calmdownnow

Well, it's official now. Disney website confirm dates and price. Check-in is from 7pm, but regular guests still have access until 10pm or 11pm. Oh, you do get ice cream and bottled drinks included in the price. Casey's and Starbucks will be open for those who want to buy extra sustenance.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Well, it's official now. Disney website confirm dates and price. Check-in is from 7pm, but regular guests still have access until 10pm or 11pm. Oh, you do get ice cream and bottled drinks included in the price. Casey's and Starbucks will be open for those who want to buy extra sustenance.
Link?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Official wording.....

Contact the Disney Reservation Center by phone to buy your tickets to this one-of-a-kind special event! Admission to Disney After Hours can be purchased for $149 per Guest (tax not included), and takes place on the following dates:
  • April 28 and May 5, 2016 from 10:00 PM to 1:00 AM
  • April 14 and 21, and May 8, 12 and 19, 2016 from 11:00 PM to 2:00 AM
    • Official check-in for the event will take place at the Main Entrance to the theme park beginning at 7:00 PM.
    • Please note that Magic Kingdom park will officially close to Guests who haven’t purchased Disney After Hours tickets at 10:00 PM on April 28 and May 5, 2016; and at 11:00 PM on April 14 and 21, and May 8, 12 and 19, 2016.
    • Walt Disney World Resort hotel Guests—including those staying at Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel and Walt Disney World Swan Hotel—may use Walt Disney World Transportation after the event for up to 2 hours.
    • Please note that the number of tickets available is limited. In addition, all tickets are non-refundable, non-transferrable and are only valid for admission during the special event date and hours.
    • All attractions, entertainment and experiences are subject to change without notice.
    • Treat yourself to a classic Magic Kingdom experience—complete with select attractions, ice cream novelties and more.

By purchasing a ticket to Disney After Hours, you can make the most of a truly magical occasion when Magic Kingdom park lets you in for the last few hours of the day… and then stays open for 3 extra hours at night, just for Guests of the event!

This is your chance to fit in even more theme park fun, all while enjoying many of the most popular attractions and Character Greetings around—such as:

Ice Cream Novelties & Select Beverages Included!
      In the midst of the laughs and thrills, be sure to chill out with ice cream novelties and select bottled beverages—included with the cost of admission—available at carts stationed through the park. In addition, you can also purchase select menu items at Casey’s Corner and STARBUCKS® Coffee and specialty beverages from Main Street Bakery.

NowInc

And now you may panic :)

I guess this can fold into whats been whispered about a few times regarding EMH. Eliminating it and instead making the disney hotel "perk" being 2 extra fastpasses per day (thus making it that much harder for non hotel guests to get anything).

deeevo

This cracks me up... just last Sunday my wife and I got to MK at 9 on the nose. Just as the welcome show had ended. We filed in and head to SDMT. Then hit BTM, PP and SM all before 10 AM. Didn't cost an extra penny. Hope people realize that you really won't be doing much in 3 hours.

upload_2016-3-22_8-8-41.png

NowInc

This cracks me up... just last Sunday my wife and I got to MK at 9 on the nose. Just as the welcome show had ended. We filed in and head to SDMT. Then hit BTM, PP and SM all before 10 AM. Didn't cost an extra penny. Hope people realize that you really won't be doing much in 3 hours.

View attachment 134846

The types of people who pay for this are well aware of what they can do in the morning, they just like feeling like a false vip (or some genuinely don't know any better).

Lirael

View attachment 134846

Quite the opposite: I'm seeing people say they think this is fair, and the price is worth it for having experiencing the park with few guests in it.

deeevo

If anyone who has ever worked for a very large company that has had $$$ issues then you know this cash grab is not uncommon. They are trying anything right now to make an extra $$$. It is going to be a balancing act for them for a while because they need to figure out if these new cash grabs will make $$$ or loose it. They also do not want to pi** people off so the press gets a hold of it and it goes mainstream so everyone can see it. Just like a factory making temporary cuts to benefits and cost. That factory will not want to make the workers so upset that they start a walk out or build a poor product. Its a fine line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom