Disney After Hours BOO BASH

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I shot them an email expressing my "concerns" about increasing capacity after buying tickets in reliance of the promise of limited attendance.

I figure if they hear from enough people, much like the noodles at Ohana, they may realize they need to be careful here.
Nah…they bought…more will. This too shall pass.
I emailed earlier too.

The problem with me is I stay upset/angry for about 20 minutes then I'm over it and by the time they call back (which guest services always does) I'm like "oh yeah, I'm fine!". :D
…they know that. Always allow the valve time to release the pressure 👍🏻

dreday3

I'd like to email as well, what's the best address to use to actually get a response?

I find this one to be very responsive:
guest.services@disneyworld.com

I've only contacted a couple times, but I will say- they refunded me an AP purchase (not activated yet) once when I explained my situation - I was very thankful.

I'm not expecting anything about the party to change, I'm just saying sometimes they do help.

Dad 2 M & M

yeah, I don't expect any results, but it's pretty simple to send an email to voice concern. Thanks for the address!
You might get offered a refund….is that what you want? Do not misinterpret this as anything other than a serious question….

we are going and looking forward to it….in the hopes of similar attendance to previous DHS

Jedi Osborn

You might get offered a refund….is that what you want? Do not misinterpret this as anything other than a serious question….

we are going and looking forward to it….in the hopes of similar attendance to previous DHS
That's a valid question! Personally, I'd take it. I think it's WAY overpriced. However, my wife and 3 daughters appear to disagree :)

So I'll just voice my opinion out to the nether and move on.

havoc315

8/17.... second night of Boo Bash, and the night for which I have tickets, is now sold out.
Makes me wonder: Maybe they didn't increase the capacity for August, only for the later events when things are more "normal."

Dad 2 M & M

Honestly…I understand your point about rides…but it’s kinda nuts that it “makes sense”

that is block pricing…my pet peeve
I think I agree on your block pricing pet peeve…elaborate

question is why don’t they have more pricing blocks based on the remaining Supply

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

8/17.... second night of Boo Bash, and the night for which I have tickets, is now sold out.
Makes me wonder: Maybe they didn't increase the capacity for August, only for the later events when things are more "normal."
Hmm... I have no idea, although you might be on to something: they didn't add any Sundays in August, which might suggest that the August dates (except for the first one or two, which are attractive to the bloggers and to others who enjoy being the first to do something) weren't hugely popular to begin with. Of course, that's what I want to believe, because our date would be 8/24... although that doesn't rule out Disney raising capacity on those earlier dates once they start to fill up at some point in the future... although APH events didn't always sell out in the past, this year the pent-up demand would seem to almost guarantee that all BB dates will eventually be sold out.

I do hope you'll post here after you go and let us know how it went.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
Hmm... I have no idea, although you might be on to something: they didn't add any Sundays in August, which might suggest that the August dates (except for the first one or two, which are attractive to the bloggers and to others who enjoy being the first to do something) weren't hugely popular to begin with. Of course, that's what I want to believe, because our date would be 8/24... although that doesn't rule out Disney raising capacity on those earlier dates once they start to fill up at some point in the future... although APH events didn't always sell out in the past, this year the pent-up demand would seem to almost guarantee that all BB dates will eventually be sold out.

I do hope you'll post here after you go and let us know how it went.

Remember... the deduction that they added capacity was the specific date moving from sold out to available... if the event was already 'available', we'd never know if they added capacity or not...

Last edited:

Jedi Osborn

I think it’s UNDERPRICED……surprised they didn’t raise the price for the added capacity
Underpriced? I'm not sure anything at WDW is UNDERpriced. I think someone a couple dozen pages back did the math and for a family of 5 we'll be paying something like $5 a minute to go.

But I suppose one's price opinion depends on a lot of factors so I can agree to disagree 😁 I should have qualified it and said it was overpriced for my situation.

drew81

Wonder what will happen for the Christmas version?

I've been asking the same thing.

Will they run a Christmas After Hours with a cavalcade?
If they do that, do they run those same cavalcades during Christmas week for daily ops?
Or do they do Christmas After Hours the week of Christmas as well to maximize profit?

I put nothing past them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom