Disney After Hours BOO BASH

hopemax

What, no Iago meme yet?

1624642574160.png

I am assuming the first night and Halloween had a larger capacity than the other dates, originally, and now they've bumped up the other dates closer to those capacities. I will also not be surprised if people report that dates went from 5K to 8K or 10K, so everyone should just chill because it's still not 25K MNSSHP.

Kamikaze

I qualified it with WE will be paying that much to go. A family of 10 will be paying double what we're paying. or a single person, one fifth of our price. Again, it's all subjective and specific to your situation.
Right, which is why it makes more sense to say '$1/minute/person' because then it doesn't matter how many people you have in your group.

Jedi Osborn

Right, which is why it makes more sense to say '$1/minute/person' because then it doesn't matter how many people you have in your group.
Seems like there would be better things to comment on than my representation of the price for my family.
This is why I avoid forums. Thanks for reminding me.

Dad 2 M & M

Underpriced? I'm not sure anything at WDW is UNDERpriced. I think someone a couple dozen pages back did the math and for a family of 5 we'll be paying something like $5 a minute to go.

But I suppose one's price opinion depends on a lot of factors so I can agree to disagree 😁 I should have qualified it and said it was overpriced for my situation.
Do want to be a bit more clear here:

- it is underpriced as it will STILL sell out
- overpriced never sells out

while I’ll agree the price is high high high, it’s still a value in our camp….at least the dream of it being like years past…

Dad 2 M & M

I've been asking the same thing.

Will they run a Christmas After Hours with a cavalcade?
If they do that, do they run those same cavalcades during Christmas week for daily ops?
Or do they do Christmas After Hours the week of Christmas as well to maximize profit?

I put nothing past them.
Think $$$$
Guessing we will find out sometime in July.
Yes…and in July we’ll know details…and said details won’t change…???

iowamomof4

We all lose, except Disney. You are willingly paying to be part of a losers game.

Thanks for explaining what I'm doing. FYI, not that it'll matter to you, if they had offered both after hours AND MNSSHP at the same time (there's precedent for that, btw), I still would have purchased the after hours way before the MNSSHP. I have done a Christmas party and I've done after hours events and EMM and probably other things I'm forgetting at the moment. The after hours events have BY FAR been our favorite.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
🤔 How so? I’m slightly confused. If someone had an AP that expired during the height of the pandemic/park closure, they should be able to renew that AP. If the AP expired prior to the park closure, unless you get lucky and have a cast member that finds a way, you’re out of luck.

Am I missing something here?

If there isn’t something I’m missing, I wouldn’t necessarily call it being screwed. I’d call it that someone made a decision and that decision was made at a time when there was unforeseen consequences. Someone choosing to not renew prior to the park closures and now not being able to buy a new AP like everyone else, isn’t the definition of being screwed by Disney and isn’t the definition of a renewal.
DVC pay Disney to offset operational costs…whether you’re there or not.

that purchase leads most DVC to annual passes. It’s not guaranteed…but makes no business sense otherwise.

DVC will tolerate the daily tickets…for awhile…not forever.

speaking for the silent majority…we are not interested in being considered the same as one timers. Because we pay not to be.

and before the “nothing is guaranteed…times change…”
…poke that bear…
DVC out of pocket spending on more profitable items more than outweighs trying to squeeze a daily price on tickets. It would be entertaining to watch though.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Thanks for explaining what I'm doing. FYI, not that it'll matter to you, if they had offered both after hours AND MNSSHP at the same time (there's precedent for that, btw), I still would have purchased the after hours way before the MNSSHP. I have done a Christmas party and I've done after hours events and EMM and probably other things I'm forgetting at the moment. The after hours events have BY FAR been our favorite.
Honest question: what do you do before the after hours starts?
We go every 4 years. I'm not going to skip events we might want to go to because people who go all the time are upset Disney might take away a party. :D
Hmmm…I go three-four times a year most…you want to explain things to me in small words so I understand the mass pricing dynamics? I never worked there either…

iowamomof4

Honest question: what do you do before the after hours starts?

Hmmm…I go three-four times a year most…you want to explain things to me in small words so I understand the mass pricing dynamics? I never worked there either…

Our current plan for that day is to hit Epcot, eat an early lunch at Coral Reef (so I can use my Disney Visa discount and my daughter LOVES sea creatures and it looks like a cool atmosphere - I know it's not known as a good restaurant), hit up anything at Epcot we haven't seen yet, then leave for MK around 4 (we have hoppers), eat dinner at LTT around 6:00 (the food options during the after hours events are rather sparse, so it's good to make sure you get a real meal ahead of time, plus it's easier to make good use of your time if you aren't dragging because you're hungry), and then hit up any rides/attractions that won't be open during after hours or rides we'd be afraid to get stuck on (looking at you, People Mover!). We'll watch HEA if we haven't seen it yet during the trip, then enjoy the rest of the evening! I get that it's not for everyone, but for our family it's exactly the type of touring we love (LOW crowds, many walk-on rides).

Weather_Lady

We all lose, except Disney. You are willingly paying to be part of a losers game.
Anyone who purchases a park ticket, spends a night at a WDW hotel or buys a Dole Whip does the same, because it's all overpriced. What's your point? We all draw our own personal lines in the sand between what's "expensive but I'll do it" and "anyone who buys this is insane," but they're in a different spot for every guest, nor does every guest even define their success at the Disney "game" by how much money they saved or spent...

pixarprincess

My guess on Halloween is that they had a higher cap for that to begin with. Or upped it in live time when it "sold out" day of and then they called it a glitch.

Aug 10 is absolutely going to be capped for the sake of press. Which means we won't really know about the event capacity until well into August. Assuming any of those reach sell outs.

I'd have happily gone not the week of Halloween. Yet, this is my one trip and that's when it's scheduled. Won't be back for 5+ years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom