Disney After Hours BOO BASH

Kamikaze

Underpriced? I'm not sure anything at WDW is UNDERpriced. I think someone a couple dozen pages back did the math and for a family of 5 we'll be paying something like $5 a minute to go.

But I suppose one's price opinion depends on a lot of factors so I can agree to disagree 😁 I should have qualified it and said it was overpriced for my situation.
I see what you're trying to say, but its disingenuous. At the top rate ($200), for the 3 hours (180 minutes), yes, its slightly over $1/minute. So the more people you add, the more per minute, yes, thats true. But thats the same with every ticket. Better to just say it costs $1/minute/person.

Jedi Osborn

I see what you're trying to say, but its disingenuous. At the top rate ($200), for the 3 hours (180 minutes), yes, its slightly over $1/minute. So the more people you add, the more per minute, yes, thats true. But thats the same with every ticket. Better to just say it costs $1/minute/person.
I qualified it with WE will be paying that much to go. A family of 10 will be paying double what we're paying. or a single person, one fifth of our price. Again, it's all subjective and specific to your situation.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Underpriced? I'm not sure anything at WDW is UNDERpriced. I think someone a couple dozen pages back did the math and for a family of 5 we'll be paying something like $5 a minute to go.

But I suppose one's price opinion depends on a lot of factors so I can agree to disagree 😁 I should have qualified it and said it was overpriced for my situation.
Not to tangent…but there is a strong segment of Disney fans in this neighborhood that are strong supporters of the concept that underpricing is the inherent problem. The reason that things have gotten out of hand for Disney is that they “undercharged” for too long. There is nothing they could have done with a media empire and a half a trillion market cap war chest.

dizneeboy

People can say the prices weren't worth it. But changing an after hours event to a party is blatantly not the same thing. You can also say you saw this coming, congrats, you're a fortune teller. But I like to read the description of what an event promises and go off that. Changing it after the point of purchase is messed up and people have every right to be angry. "Told you saw, nah nah nah nah nah" is obnoxious.
Agreed. However, they could tell us that just because it was sold out online right away for several nights doesn't mean they had hit their planned capacity yet for said nights. Did they publish the ticket cap that we all saw and purchased tickets against? Nope. Again, agree with you but those annoyances are based off our collective assumption of what we are buying. For the record, I was annoyed when I first read it too but trying not to let my hair catch on fire until I hear more on the first couple of parties. Especially since I'm no longer a premier passsport holder and this will probably my only WDW fix for awhile.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Which was a bit miserable honestly. My last MNSSHP was September of 2019 and, compared to prior years to that, was very crowded and less enjoyable.
Well…they have grown in many ways over the years…some are good…some not so much
Agreed. However, they could tell us that just because it was sold out online right away for several nights doesn't mean they had hit their planned capacity yet for said nights. Did they publish the ticket cap that we all saw and purchased tickets against? Nope. Again, agree with you but those annoyances are based off our collective assumption of what we are buying. For the record, I was annoyed when I first read it too but trying not to let my hair catch on fire until I hear more on the first couple of parties. Especially since I'm no longer a premier passsport holder and this will probably my only WDW fix for awhile.
Don’t see that ever returning…hope I’m wrong

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I renewed my pass. Every DVC member can renew their passes and because of the required park reservation system can actually renew well in advance of their expiration date provided they have DVC reservations. My passes used to expire in May but due to Covid19 the renewal date was changed to September and as a result I needed to renew my passes months for my November and January trips or risk my park reservation being cancelled so my passes are now good though September 2022.
I know you can renew passes. Those that can’t renew passes (meaning needing a new one) are out of luck at the moment

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom