Disney After Hours BOO BASH

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
As others have stated, I simply do not see the draw at all with this event. It's a downgrade of MNSSHP but at a higher cost. Maybe the general guests would think it's cool but to anyone who has ever been to a Halloween Party, this seems unexciting. And the worst part is, if the tickets are truly "selling out" then Disney will either see no need to add the extras back to future parties or even worse, add the extras back and raise the price even more.
The issue lies within people buying the tickets who only see the Dsineyparks blog announcements, don't know how much more of a limited experience they're getting, and therefore end up making the event sell out.

I guess you could argue that you get to see HEA if you enter early and you get unlimited junk food but does that account for the price increase and lost parades? I think not.
The draw is walk-on rides and low crowds - the same appeal that the original After Hours events had.

Furiated

If you ask very nicely, you can get a new AP.
I don’t think this is true? (though I wish it were). I'm DVC patiently waiting to get a new AP as my last one expired before the shutdown. As far as I know, you can only get one if your last AP expired after the shutdown started, or you have a kid turning 3 and the rest of the family has APs, something like that?

If you know of a way I can sneak an AP purchase in, let me know!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
DVC Members can renew their APs. I just renewed mine in May. Having to call and do it is a pain, though, since there always seems to be a long wait on hold these days.
Well it never made sense for them not to renew them…for anyone. It was “money for nothing” for about 12 months…and with the park reservations there was zero danger of being swamped
If you let your pass expire beyond the renewal window, there are ways to purchase a NEW pass.
This is the thing…”I’m in the market…as it were”

JohnD

The draw is walk-on rides and low crowds - the same appeal that the original After Hours events had.

Just got my ticket for 10/5. Must be similar to park reservations. They increased capacity. For me, it's my final night at WDW so why not? I'll plan on something else during the day which I'm leaving open until it gets closer.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don’t think this is true? (though I wish it were). I'm DVC patiently waiting to get a new AP as my last one expired before the shutdown. As far as I know, you can only get one if your last AP expired after the shutdown started, or you have a kid turning 3 and the rest of the family has APs, something like that?

If you know of a way I can sneak an AP purchase in, let me know!
There are “tales” of getting around that…but I never believe a “…I talked to a guy” stories with Disney.

same boat here. I rock 4 trips on an AP and tend to endulge in grog and feast when I’m there…they’d be wise to take me 😉

Weather_Lady

As others have stated, I simply do not see the draw at all with this event. It's a downgrade of MNSSHP but at a higher cost. Maybe the general guests would think it's cool but to anyone who has ever been to a Halloween Party, this seems unexciting. And the worst part is, if the tickets are truly "selling out" then Disney will either see no need to add the extras back to future parties or even worse, add the extras back and raise the price even more.
The issue lies within people buying the tickets who only see the Disneyparks blog announcements, don't know how much more of a limited experience they're getting, and therefore end up making the event sell out.

I guess you could argue that you get to see HEA if you enter early and you get unlimited junk food but does that account for the price increase and lost parades? I think not.
I understand your point of view, but there are families out there -- like mine -- who couldn't care less about parades or holiday shows or characters or photo opps, and really just love to ride rides. We're the kind of people who watch the parades and fireworks shows ahead of time on Youtube, so we don't have to "waste time on them" in the parks and can enjoy shorter lines for a few things while most guests are camped out on Main Street. We've never been to a WDW "party" because the kinds of experiences it offers would be wasted on us.

We decided to try Boo Bash because it [supposedly] guarantees something we do value, and after dark in August, so potentially the only part of our trip where we can tour with bearable temperatures. I bought tickets with eyes wide open as to what was and was not part of the experience, and to how poor of a monetary value it was (although we felt it was still a better value than parkhopper add-ons or one of our TS meals where the menu had been cut in half, which is why we cut those two things to make room in the budget for Boo Bash). Whether it delivers on the promise of short lines remains to be seen, but our kids aren't getting any younger -- both are now full-fledged teenagers -- and I fear that whatever Disney "firsts" we don't try in the immediate future will probably be consigned to the list of Disney "nevers."

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Clear this up for a slow chap like me:

1. after hours are only during “slow” days when the park Hours were short anyway…so the days were never shortened.
2. Since it was slow days…the lines were less and that’s why the days didn’t need to be be extended.

A+B=D??

dreday3

I understand your point of view, but there are families out there -- like mine -- who couldn't care less about parades or holiday shows or characters or photo opps, and really just love to ride rides. We're the kind of people who watch the parades and fireworks shows ahead of time on Youtube, so we don't have to "waste time on them" in the parks and can enjoy shorter lines for a few things while most guests are camped out on Main Street. We've never been to a WDW "party" because the kinds of experiences it offers would be wasted on us. We decided to try Boo Bash because it [supposedly] guarantees something we do value, and I bought tickets with eyes wide open as to what was and was not part of the experience. Whether it delivers on the promise of short lines remains to be seen, but my kids aren't getting any younger -- both are now full-fledged teenagers -- and I fear that whatever Disney "firsts" we don't try in the immediate future will probably be consigned to the list of Disney "nevers."

The atmosphere of the Halloween Parties was always fun - and I mean the lighting, decorations, sounds. I'm sure all that will still be there for the Boo Bash - in fact new decorations this year for Bash. People in costumes, trick or treating - it's just great feeling, very different than a normal park day/night. If you have Memory Maker, lot's of good shots not available during normal hours.
It's meant for all of us who love Halloween!

It's still going to be a good time. :)

dreday3

Clear this up for a slow chap like me:

1. after hours are only during “slow” days when the park Hours were short anyway…so the days were never shortened.
2. Sine it was slow days…the lines were less and that’s why the days didn’t need to be be extended.

A+B=D??

Why do you ask questions when you already know your opinion on the answer you'll get? :D

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I understand your point of view, but there are families out there -- like mine -- who couldn't care less about parades or holiday shows or characters or photo opps, and really just love to ride rides. We're the kind of people who watch the parades and fireworks shows ahead of time on Youtube, so we don't have to "waste time on them" in the parks and can enjoy shorter lines for a few things while most guests are camped out on Main Street. We've never been to a WDW "party" because the kinds of experiences it offers would be wasted on us. We decided to try Boo Bash because it [supposedly] guarantees something we do value (and after dark in August, so potentially the only part of our trip where we can tour with bearable temperatures), and I bought tickets with eyes wide open as to what was and was not part of the experience. Whether it delivers on the promise of short lines remains to be seen, but my kids aren't getting any younger -- both are now full-fledged teenagers -- and I fear that whatever Disney "firsts" we don't try in the immediate future will probably be consigned to the list of Disney "nevers."
Honestly…I understand your point about rides…but it’s kinda nuts that it “makes sense”

that is block pricing…my pet peeve

Weather_Lady

The atmosphere of the Halloween Parties was always fun - and I mean the lighting, decorations, sounds. I'm sure all that will still be there for the Boo Bash - in fact new decorations this year for Bash. People in costumes, trick or treating - it's just great feeling, very different than a normal park day/night.

It's still going to be a good time. :)
I am looking forward to the "ambiance" too. And my Chewbacca-inspired costume is already washed and packed... 8 weeks early. ;)

dreday3

I am looking forward to the "ambiance" too. And my Chewbacca-inspired costume is already washed and packed... 8 weeks early. ;)

We got some great pictures last time- us with Goofy dressed as a pirate, some Halloween backgrounds they added, fun stuff!

We aren't going full costume this time - I have a fun "headband" with bats flying out of it and the guys are wearing Halloween t-shirts.

The Colonel

I want to see the characters in their Halloween costumes. I want to see the cavalcades. I would love to see Maleficent breath fire at night. I want to see whatever fireworks they do. I want to see the park all decked out and hear the Halloween songs on Main Street. It's over-priced, it's a money grab...I don't care. I want it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom