Disney After Hours BOO BASH

pixarprincess

People can say the prices weren't worth it. But changing an after hours event to a party is blatantly not the same thing. You can also say you saw this coming, congrats, you're a fortune teller. But I like to read the description of what an event promises and go off that. Changing it after the point of purchase is messed up and people have every right to be angry. "Told you saw, nah nah nah nah nah" is obnoxious.

dreday3

People can say the prices weren't worth it. But changing an after hours event to a party is blatantly not the same thing. You can also say you saw this coming, congrats, you're a fortune teller. But I like to read the description of what an event promises and go off that. Changing it after the point of purchase is messed up and people have every right to be angry. "Told you saw, nah nah nah nah nah" is obnoxious.

They know they are obnoxious. They like it! 😄

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
…reasonable

havoc315

seascape

Dvc members who have no way to renew an annual pass but go often are being screwed too
I renewed my pass. Every DVC member can renew their passes and because of the required park reservation system can actually renew well in advance of their expiration date provided they have DVC reservations. My passes used to expire in May but due to Covid19 the renewal date was changed to September and as a result I needed to renew my passes months for my November and January trips or risk my park reservation being cancelled so my passes are now good though September 2022.

Disstevefan1

Dvc members who have no way to renew an annual pass but go often are being screwed
I am guessing (most?) DVCers (had) annual passes, so yes, I agree.

In general, DVCers get their own special level of screwed; they made this huge investment in buying into the system and must accept whatever Disney does.

I am not a DVCer but I have always thought DVC members should have many more benefits uniquely to them.

At the very beginning of DVC, DVCers got free park tickets, and Disney, being Disney, took that away, that got me mad and I am not even an owner!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I read it.
Buzzed right past the tower, huh Maverick?

1624634867239.gif

dreday3

I shot them an email expressing my "concerns" about increasing capacity after buying tickets in reliance of the promise of limited attendance.

I figure if they hear from enough people, much like the noodles at Ohana, they may realize they need to be careful here.

I emailed earlier too.

The problem with me is I stay upset/angry for about 20 minutes then I'm over it and by the time they call back (which guest services always does) I'm like "oh yeah, I'm fine!". :D

Disstevefan1

I don't think they will be mobbed, I still expect attendance to be similar to the pre-COVID after-hours event. But we'll see.
Let’s hope it’s similar to pre covid. I never attended one of them, but I always heard folks were able to ride attractions over and over and it was a good experience.

I fear this one, being sorta, kinda, a replacement for Mickey’s not so scary, may be in higher demand and I also worry Disney will over book the events no matter what the State, County, City, Disney propaganda says about alleged “limited capacity” enforcement for these events.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom