Rumor Disney 100: Great Moments with Uncle Walt to Replace Mr. Lincoln

Brer Oswald

My 2 cents on the Walt animatronic debacle…

He probably wouldn’t have wanted one while he was alive. He also wouldn’t have wanted the partners statue…and yet here we are decades later and it’s just a normal thing to most of us.

The Disney company always twists around Walt’s words and hides behind him to justify stupid corporate crap, and most of us hate it. As long as they didn’t use this alleged Walt AA to “shill the modern brand”, I could take it or leave it. I have little faith they wouldn’t though.

Even Walt himself was aware that his “public presence” was sort of a Disney character. So as long as it would stay “true to character” I wouldn’t be too upset over the animatronic.

truecoat

Lincoln has also transcended mortality- he is a legend in American history and his legacy transcends that of simply being a 'president'. So while we he was a President, it's hard to think that he's a President alongside Trump, Biden, the Bush's, or any other president from the last 30 years.

I ran into this statue of Lincoln across the street from Westminster Abbey on a trip to England last year. It surprised me to see American historical figures from time to time.

Linconl England.jpg

CaptinEO

We need a Walt animatronic walk around character that only makes rare appearances when crowds are low and late at night like in the restrooms or weird empty corners of Disneyland that whispers to people that he never died and there is a government cover up.

It would be even better if the company never acknowledges the robot Walt's existence to keep it as a mythical legend.

Last edited:

_caleb

…what if it got its own limited series on D+?

…think of all those subs, profits 🤔
You can tease me all you like, but you KNOW you'd pay another month's subscription if they were dropping a behind-the-scenes feature about the making of a new autonomous walkaround Darth Vader AA for a SW:GE reset, narrated by James Earl Jone's disembodied, archived voice!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You can tease me all you like, but you KNOW you'd pay another month's subscription if they were dropping a behind-the-scenes feature about the making of a new autonomous walkaround Darth Vader AA for a SW:GE reset, narrated by James Earl Jone's disembodied, archived voice!
You’ve never heard my opinion on “galaxies edge”?

For another Day…I’ve racked up a big enough score this week

_caleb

You’ve never heard my opinion on “galaxies edge”?

For another Day…I’ve racked up a big enough score this week
Of course I've heard your opinion on SW:GE. Everyone has. Multiple times.

I'm saying something like that might actually make you slightly less grumpy, don't you think? And maybe you'd post something vaguely neutral about it without mentioning Bob Iger?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Of course I've heard your opinion on SW:GE. Everyone has. Multiple times.

I'm saying something like that might actually make you slightly less grumpy, don't you think? And maybe you'd post something vaguely neutral about it without mentioning Bob Iger?
First you got likes from the same two that can NEVER make a case other than repeating Disney spin doctoring…well done, boys. Marathoning is all about consistency 👍🏻

And I’m not “grumpy” at all. They have serious problems that I’d like to see move towards fixing. Not ignoring it like your hero has done. Especially with this property.
Took some bad advice from some highly overpaid analysts on what the people want. Could have just asked.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
First you got likes from the same two that can NEVER make a case other than repeating Disney spin doctoring…well done, boys. Marathoning is all about consistency 👍🏻

And I’m not “grumpy” at all. They have serious problems that I’d like to see move towards fixing. Not ignoring it like your hero has done. Especially with this property.
Took some bad advice from some highly overpaid analysts on what the people want. Could have just asked.
Stay by the phone, I hear Iger is gonna call any minute.....

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This isn't the thread for the "Iger isn't retiring" discussion.... But take it over to the Corp forum and I'll give you my opinion on whether I think he'll stay or not and why.
By all means…show me the way.

Lemme guess: he’s as integral to Disney lasting as a Namur MCU movie is?

Am I close?
(Kidding)

TP2000

I ran into this statue of Lincoln across the street from Westminster Abbey on a trip to England last year. It surprised me to see American historical figures from time to time.

View attachment 693694

I have so many delayed/cancelled travel plans from 2020-2022 that I am rescheduling into 2023-25. But one of them is a visit to the Churchill War Rooms not far from this statue!

When I go see the Churchill War Rooms, I will have to go see this statue and give a nod of thanks to Mr. Lincoln for all he did for us, and give a nod of snark to all the college kids today who are too stupid to know. ;)

brb1006

I believe a better approach to properly honoring Disney's 100th Anniversary while tieing into Walt Disney would be a proper successor to "The Walt Disney Story" which used to play at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World. But more focused on the development of the early days of Walt Disney Animation Studios alongside highlighting it's animators and Disney's Nine Old Men.

As divided as "World of Color: Celebrate" turned it since it barely acknowledged Disneyland's 60th Anniversary (besides the finale), I loved the post-show that showed a clip of Walt Disney saying something along the lines of "It's getting late and it's just past my bedtime. So goodnight!" which concluded with Howard Ashman's "Disneyland" song.

Last edited:

TP2000

The Lincoln show is closed for "refurbishment" this week. It reopens tomorrow for the 100th kickoff.

I'm still very skeptical they are taking out the President and replacing him with a Walt animatronic, but wouldn't it be nice if they brought back an updated version of the old Walt Disney Story lobby exhibits for the 100th?

Something is obviously happening inside the Lincoln theater. I just hope it's not a robot Walt, and is instead a new lobby exhibit that celebrates Walt and his company a la' the 1970's and 80's Walt Disney Story exhibits that used to be in the Opera House.

PiratesMansion

The Lincoln show is closed for "refurbishment" this week. It reopens tomorrow for the 100th kickoff.

I'm still very skeptical they are taking out the President and replacing him with a Walt animatronic, but wouldn't it be nice if they brought back an updated version of the old Walt Disney Story lobby exhibits for the 100th?

Something is obviously happening inside the Lincoln theater. I just hope it's not a robot Walt, and is instead a new lobby exhibit that celebrates Walt and his company a la' the 1970's and 80's Walt Disney Story exhibits that used to be in the Opera House.
They've unveiled the new exhibits. It looks like an exhibition of various items and props from the studios and parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom