Rumor Disney 100: Great Moments with Uncle Walt to Replace Mr. Lincoln

TP2000

They've unveiled the new exhibits. It looks like an exhibition of various items and props from the studios and parks.

Oh, I just saw a Tweet about this over in that Cabochon thread. You're right. It's open. It's a new lobby exhibit that has some cute stuff in there. Plus an old TV playing some Walt clips from the 1960's. Clever.

And Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln is still there, giving a speech that is banned on many college campuses. 🤣

So... this just was a light redo of the lobby exhibit. Presented by the expensive gift shop next door, The Disney Gallery.

Don't you just love the Internet?!? 🧐

PiratesMansion

Oh, I just saw a Tweet about this over in that Cabochon thread. You're right. It's open. It's a new lobby exhibit that has some cute stuff in there. Plus an old TV playing some Walt clips from the 1960's. Clever.

And Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln is still there.

So... this just was a light redo of the lobby exhibit. Presented by the expensive gift shop next door, The Disney Gallery.

Don't you just love the Internet?!? 🧐

Is Lincoln actually open though? I've seen plenty of posts about the lobby and nothing to suggest the show is currently running and not still under refurb.

EDIT: Lincoln is not showing on the app at all right now, suggesting that it's still closed.

TP2000

Is Lincoln actually open though? I've seen plenty of posts about the lobby and nothing to suggest the show is currently running and not still under refurb.

EDIT: Lincoln is not showing on the app at all right now, suggesting that it's still closed.

Oh! The plot thickens.

Perhaps they're waiting until tomorrow to open the Walt show in the theater itself?

Sharon&Susan

You'd think that they would've changed out the sign while they were doing the refurbishment, but I guess it could be possible that they wanted to keep it a surprise.

Colin Farrell Reaction GIF

TP2000

What's interesting is that other things down for refurb, like Indy, are still in the app and noted as being closed for refurbishment.

Lincoln is not.

Well, it's back open today and listed on the website as operating from 8am to Midnight. And it's still called The Disneyland Story Presenting Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln on the website.

Although, according to the signage they installed this week, it's now officially called...

The Disneyland Story Presenting Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln The Disney Gallery Presents Disney 100 Years Of Wonder
Film To Attraction - Attraction To Film

FnfdqXYacAAbpM2

Uh, TDA? Can we talk about tightening up some of these attraction names just a bit? 🧐

PiratesMansion

Well, it's back open today and listed on the website as operating from 8am to Midnight. And it's still called The Disneyland Story Presenting Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln on the website.

Although, according to the signage they installed this week, it's now officially called...

The Disneyland Story Presenting Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln The Disney Gallery Presents Disney 100 Years Of Wonder

FnfdqXYacAAbpM2

Uh, TDA? Can we talk about tightening up some of these attraction names just a bit? 🧐
Huh. Weird that it was just off the app even though other attractions being refurbed were off the app, but ok...

Does anyone know if the show is the same?

TP2000

Huh. Weird that it was just off the app even though other attractions being refurbed were off the app, but ok...

Does anyone know if the show is the same?

Judging by the complete lack of buzz or chatter on Dis Twitter and all Disney100 topics online, it's exactly the same.

They are, apparently, updating that little pre-show video that plays along the back wall, above the fireplace. They're going to incorporate into the pre-show a video produced by National Geographic about Frederick Douglass and his relationship and work with President Lincoln to make this great country even greater, which is a nice touch. It debuts next week for Black History Month. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

But the show itself? It appears to be exactly the same thing.

CaptinEO

FnfdqXYacAAbpM2

What in the heck? What is Film To Attraction - Attraction To Film?

What film are they referencing that became an attraction? What attraction then became a film? What a weird title. I hope they sell shirts and posters with the full title.

PiratesMansion

What in the heck? What is Film To Attraction - Attraction To Film?

What film are they referencing that became an attraction? What attraction then became a film? What a weird title. I hope they sell shirts and posters with the full title.
I'd say it's a subtitle and is not actually intended to be part of the title.

The intended title is clearly Disney 100 Years of Wonder. Which is still phrased and fonted (if that's a word) oddly, but makes more sense.

PiratesMansion

But what does the subtitle mean?
I never said it was a good subtitle, haha.

I'd say it means that in Disney's case, both mediums have influenced each other; films that became attractions, attractions became films.

It's not the best worded thing they've ever written, but the way it is phrased on the sign implies to me that it's a subtitle and not a part of the main title.

Inspired Figment

As I’ve mentioned a million times before, everytime this comes up, “Creative Talent” you notice.. the ‘creative talent’ behind these things was the synergy, not pre-existing film & tv properties/creations themselves. The synergy of Walt’s time is ‘not’ the same synergy of today. And keep in mind, the Disneyland TV show promoted.. ‘Disneyland’.. not just films & tv, unless it was in Fantasyland or Mickey & Friends, etc. walking around Main Street

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

That wacky subtitle is only applicable to Fantasyland & Frontierland with the canoes if we’re talking strictly Walt’s time. (Davy Crockett) Otherwise, no. I don’t see how classic Pirates, Jungle Cruise, or Haunted, Small World, or Lincoln are movies adapted in theme park rides.. unless they’re now trying to twist the narrative that ‘Walt’ was behind the Johnny Depp, Eddie Murphy, and Dwayne Johnson films that came after, which he wasn’t. Lol!

Last edited:

TP2000

It's February 1st. Happy Black History Month everybody! 🥳 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

The new video in the Opera House lobby debuted today with a little ceremony and opening party. The new National Geographic video is now playing explaining the hard work and friendship that happened between President Lincoln and abolitionist Frederick Douglass.

This looks like a very nice plus-up for the Lincoln attraction experience! I remember years ago when Disney bought 20th Century Fox and in the process gained National Geographic, I thought (and believe I mentioned it in posts here) "Oh! There's so much potential for Disneyland with that! Tales of culture and flora and fauna from around the world and the US could be plugged in to basically the entire west side of the park!"

But then... nothing. National Geographic never showed up as a source of backstory or theme-setting anywhere at Disneyland. Until now.

This is good news! I'd love National Geographic to use their vast resources of history and knowledge to plus up more of Disneyland's attractions that are based in reality. Sailing Ship Columbia, Mark Twain, Davy Crockett Canoes, New Orleans Square, Adventureland, etc. could all benefit. Synergy can be good if it's done well, assumes the audience is intelligent and wants to know more, and isn't smarmy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom