Thrawn

Account Suspended
mousermerf said:
Foo.. i wrote a big scary fire/brimstone post and no one noticed :(

*somewhere back around post 90-100*

Thats because everyone has you on block. :wave: :D

goofyfan13

Thrawn said:
Not exactly true. There are a lot of rides which will probably never close, or at least not in the next 20 years.

True, I was just using the example to serve my argument of rides being replaced. I understand that some rides won't leave for a long time, and most I greatly enjoy, but when that time comes I'll understand why they did eliminate that attraction, instead of getting all mad about a classic being removed.

Hope that clarified it a little bit...

Thrawn

Account Suspended
goofyfan13 said:
True, I was just using the example to serve my argument of rides being replaced. I understand that some rides won't leave for a long time, and most I greatly enjoy, but when that time comes I'll understand why they did eliminate that attraction, instead of getting all mad about a classic being removed.

Hope that clarified it a little bit...

No, you're exactly right. Disney doesn't pull even moderately popular rides. Every attraction that is removed is gone for a reason, and its usually because it simply isn't popular.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
mousermerf said:
Hmm... how do they know what's going on at WDW without me?

Jim Hill, duh :lol: He knows everything.

Well, he knows nothing about everything, thats for sure.

goofyfan13

Thrawn said:

He did predict that........well you can't forget about that time that he.........

Yea, he knows nothing... :lol:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
On being ignore...

I find it fascinating how people can selectively choose to acknowledge factual information depending on how it fits their predetermined notions.

For example, why Horizons is closed.

wannab@dis

Thrawn said:

:lol:

But I would have worded it as "he knows nothing about anything" :lookaroun

wannab@dis

mousermerf said:
I find it fascinating how people can selectively choose to acknowledge factual information depending on how it fits their predetermined notions.

Makes it easier for them to sleep at night thinking they are the center of the world?

Thrawn

Account Suspended
mousermerf said:
On being ignore...

For example, why Horizons is closed.

I mentioned it no less than 4 times, she chooses to ignore it. That has to be my fault, somehow, though.

HunnyPot

BRYANSBABY06290 said:
I haven;t had time to take anything into account since everything has been in the form of insults. LIke I said I am sure I will love the new rides and if I go I look forward to experiencing them. But that does not change how much I will miss the old rides and the fact that WDW will not feel the same to me. I am sticking to what I am saying just like everyone is sticking to what they are saying. I like the old, you like the new. Thats whats so great about this world...all different types of people. If the insults and judgements would have stopped then maybe we could have talked about the rides old and new....without me having to defend myself.

The only replies your responding too are the so-called insulting ones. You haven't said anything about anyone who has tried to be nice to you. Me for example. I'm sorry if my response insulted you, I thought I was quite kind.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
BRYANSBABY06290 said:
I realize why horizons is closed....but I could still be upset about it.

Why? Theres nothing anyone could do about it. If it was a popular attraction at the end of its life, it might have been resurrected. However, it wasn't. Mission Space, despite being a thrill ride IS an undeniably Disney attraction.

BRYANSBABY06290

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Thrawn said:
Why? Theres nothing anyone could do about it. If it was a popular attraction at the end of its life, it might have been resurrected. However, it wasn't. Mission Space, despite being a thrill ride IS an undeniably Disney attraction.

Why be upset?? Umm lets think...you cant control how you feel about something. If I miss a ride that (for reasons which is no body's business) means a lot to me than of course I'm gonna be upset about the situation. If we had the ability to control how we feel about things based on the fact that we cant change them than everyone would be happy all the time.

dflye

HunnyPot said:
The only replies your responding too are the so-called insulting ones. You haven't said anything about anyone who has tried to be nice to you. Me for example. I'm sorry if my response insulted you, I thought I was quite kind.
If any of my prior posts in this thread came across as insulting, I'm sorry. My intent was more as a wake-up call to how posts on this board may be received.

I've tried to be constructive, and pose questions that should make you think about how your experience at WDW years ago compares with the experience of current guests, and speculates about the experience of future guests.

HunnyPot

BRYANSBABY06290 said:
Why be upset?? Umm lets think...you cant control how you feel about something. If I miss a ride that (for reasons which is no body's business) means a lot to me than of course I'm gonna be upset about the situation. If we had the ability to control how we feel about things based on the fact that we cant change them than everyone would be happy all the time.

I'm confused then as to why you started this thread. If it's none of our buisness how you feel about a ride, why did you make it our buisness? You are so set on having your own opinion, yet you seem to put us down for ours.

If we haven't encouraged you enough to come back to WDW like they did on the other site with 16 responses (I would like to point out here that this thread has at least 170 responses now), then I'm sorry. I hate to see someone outgrow Disney, but I think thats your real problem. It just dosen't have the same magic to you anymore, for whatever reason, and your blaming that entirely on the changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom