Discusted with Disney World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
BRYANSBABY06290 said:
I'm not judging the other rides or the park. I have seen many of the newer rides and loved them...that dosen;t change how I feel about the older rides being closed down.

It does if the newer rides are better than the older ones. WDW can't just keep old rides open for the sake of them being open. There are many reasons that go into each closure. And really, there aren't many rides that just get closed. Horizons is the one you are really complaining about, and it had to be.

BRYANSBABY06290

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Thrawn said:
Thats because intercot is the "wdw is awful it should be like 1971!!!!!!!!1111" capital of the world.

Well i guess that proves there are all types of WDW fans, those who like the old, those who like the new, those who like both. I am one who is a bigger fan of the old....that is my personality....cant help the way I feel.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
BRYANSBABY06290 said:
But at least those 16 replies made sense...helped me feel better....have the posts in here are insults or are nonsense comments and about 10 are political and are not at all about the topic.

And you have refused to take anyone else's responses into account. Everything that we've said has just bounced right off you, and you are sticking to everything you originally said.

BRYANSBABY06290

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Thrawn said:
Please, for god's sake, stop mentioning your education. It means nothing. If you can't properly interact with people, it doesn't matter how educated you are. I'm 22, and have a salary in the high six figures. I skipped out on college after a year to start my own business. So no, I don't have a worthless piece of paper hanging in my living room. However, with my stocks and salary, I'll be retired by the time I'm 35. What do you have to say to that? Education means nothing. Your spelling and grammar is fine, just use some double spaced paragraphs a little more often. Makes things much easier to read.

WDW is always going to be recognizable. It is THE family vacation destination. Just because WDW has eliminated a couple of a and b ticket attractions does not mean they are going to immediately fold up shop. The new attractions they have put in to replace those attractions are undeniably Disney.

You're right, you have a right to your informed opinion. However, since its been a while since you've gone to WDW, it isn't an informed opinion. You've been there before, true. However, what you are trying to do is akin to saying the new "War of the Worlds" movie was bad because the original one was bad. You have to experience it before you can form an informed opinion on it.

THe only reason I am mentioning my education is because everyone is insulting it. ANd your six figure salary has nothing to do with anything.

wannab@dis

BRYANSBABY06290 said:
But at least those 16 replies made sense...helped me feel better....have the posts in here are insults or are nonsense comments and about 10 are political and are not at all about the topic.

Well, guess we see things differently. The posts about writing style are warranted and most have not been insulting, but have pointed out that the style makes it hard to read and comprehend your intentions. You will learn to overlook some of the kiddies that seem to have no other goal than to cause trouble.

speck76

BRYANSBABY06290 said:
Well i guess that proves there are all types of WDW fans, those who like the old, those who like the new, those who like both. I am one who is a bigger fan of the old....that is my personality....cant help the way I feel.

That is fine....it is your own personal preference.......but you should realize and try to understand the NEED for new attractions, the COST to keep open old and under-performing attractions, and the CHANGE in the typical guest to WDW over the lifetime of the resort.

Your preference is your preference....no need to change that....but perhaps you have outgrown WDW, or it has outgrown you.

BRYANSBABY06290

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Thrawn said:
And you have refused to take anyone else's responses into account. Everything that we've said has just bounced right off you, and you are sticking to everything you originally said.

I haven;t had time to take anything into account since everything has been in the form of insults. LIke I said I am sure I will love the new rides and if I go I look forward to experiencing them. But that does not change how much I will miss the old rides and the fact that WDW will not feel the same to me. I am sticking to what I am saying just like everyone is sticking to what they are saying. I like the old, you like the new. Thats whats so great about this world...all different types of people. If the insults and judgements would have stopped then maybe we could have talked about the rides old and new....without me having to defend myself.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
BRYANSBABY06290 said:

But you can't have it as only "the old way". 1971 wasn't perfect. Far from it. Since then WDW has added 20+ hotels, three theme parks, three (now two) water parks, Downtown Disney, four golf courses, Wide World of Sports, lots of other small things, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Let's do it this way: What is something that was done better on your last trip (or in 1971, whichever you want) then it is done now?

Thrawn

Account Suspended
BRYANSBABY06290 said:
THe only reason I am mentioning my education is because everyone is insulting it. ANd your six figure salary has nothing to do with anything.

EXACTLY!!!! You win a prize!!!! My six figure salary has nothing to do with anything, and EITHER DOES YOUR EDUCATION!!!!

BRYANSBABY06290

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Thrawn said:
But you can't have it as only "the old way". 1971 wasn't perfect. Far from it. Since then WDW has added 20+ hotels, three theme parks, three (now two) water parks, Downtown Disney, four golf courses, Wide World of Sports, lots of other small things, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Let's do it this way: What is something that was done better on your last trip (or in 1971, whichever you want) then it is done now?

Maybe its because I cant go on scary rides. I dont enjoy them and I often et very sick. I always felt embarrassed about this especially with my friends. At WDW I always felt I can go on almost everything and always did (about 100 times). THe rides meant a lot to me. They meant a lot to my parents and to my grandparents. I'm worried that in afew years there will be no more classic rides. MAybe if DIsney was alive I would be ok with it. THey would be his originals, his visions, his creativity. If we close down most of his rides (which hasn't happened yet but it seems like it will in the near future) then we lose a lot of what WDW was meant for. I feel like a lot of the old rides need to be opene for future generations to understand what WDW was and is about. Its just my opinion though.

wannab@dis

BRYANSBABY06290 said:
I haven;t had time to take anything into account since everything has been in the form of insults.

With that attitude, you will get nowhere around here. EVERYTHING has not been in the form of insults. That is, unless you think that people that don't agree with you are by default, insulting you.

BRYANSBABY06290

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Thrawn said:
EXACTLY!!!! You win a prize!!!! My six figure salary has nothing to do with anything, and EITHER DOES YOUR EDUCATION!!!!

If you read all the posts you would read thats exactly what I said. The only reason I said anything about my education was because people kept insulting it. I didn't unsult you , nor did anyone else which is why your education or salary dosne;t make a difference

I was only defending myself. People were insulting my intelligence, my education and made me feel like a complete idiot. I wasnt just letting that happen.

wannab@dis

BRYANSBABY06290 said:
I feel like a lot of the old rides need to be opene for future generations to understand what WDW was and is about. Its just my opinion though.

I'd have to say you're wrong. WDW was and still is about making money. The parks are only an avenue to that end and will continue to change so they can increase the amount of money they make.

goofyfan13

BRYANSBABY06290 said:
I'm worried that in afew years there will be no more classic rides. MAybe if DIsney was alive I would be ok with it. THey would be his originals, his visions, his creativity. If we close down most of his rides (which hasn't happened yet but it seems like it will in the near future) then we lose a lot of what WDW was meant for. I feel like a lot of the old rides need to be opene for future generations to understand what WDW was and is about. Its just my opinion though.

Not necessarily, Walt understood that things need to change, the only thing he said that he wanted to remain open was CoP. You make it sound like the parks are nothing but thrills anymore. Each park has what, 2-3 thrill rides? Also, Walt wasn't very good when it came to business, that was Roy's strength.

goofyfan13

wannab@dis said:
I'd have to say you're wrong. WDW was and still is about making money. The parks are only an avenue to that end and will continue to change so they can increase the amount of money they make.

Exactly, the younger generations don't care as much about the classics. It's a sad reality, but it's the way things are going. As you said Disney is into making money, and when a ride has a 5 minute wait, when other rides have upwards of 45, I think we know the future of that given ride... They aren't going to keep an attraction in order for it to collect dust.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
BRYANSBABY06290 said:
Maybe its because I cant go on scary rides. I dont enjoy them and I often et very sick. I always felt embarrassed about this especially with my friends. At WDW I always felt I can go on almost everything and always did (about 100 times). THe rides meant a lot to me. They meant a lot to my parents and to my grandparents. I'm worried that in afew years there will be no more classic rides. MAybe if DIsney was alive I would be ok with it. THey would be his originals, his visions, his creativity. If we close down most of his rides (which hasn't happened yet but it seems like it will in the near future) then we lose a lot of what WDW was meant for. I feel like a lot of the old rides need to be opene for future generations to understand what WDW was and is about. Its just my opinion though.

So, praytell, what is "WDW about"?

Thrawn

Account Suspended
goofyfan13 said:
Exactly, the younger generations don't care as much about the classics. It's a sad reality, but it's the way things are going. As you said Disney is into making money, and when a ride has a 5 minute wait, when other rides have upwards of 45, I think we know the future of that given ride... They aren't going to keep an attraction in order for it to collect dust.

Not exactly true. There are a lot of rides which will probably never close, or at least not in the next 20 years.

shmmrname

One thing that bugs me is the use of entitlement when talking about opinions in this thread.

First, OF COURSE everyone is entitled to your own opinion. We can all assume, without posts affirming it, that we can think for ourselves without negative actions against it.

Second, the key to your own opinion however is the intimacy it shares with oneself. The second you thrust it into a venue where the outcomes may be unknown, it's just foolish not to expect others to lash out. Remember, that's their opionions, or what they're entitled to do as well.

Third, I disagree though that this is what your trying to say. You're using your "entitlement" as a qualifier, yet posting in a public forum your opionions. You cannot expect that those opionions, if they differ in anyway from other people's, will go unscathed. Just the simple fact that you are indeed entitled to an opionion of your own doesn't free you from criticism, especially if you've chosen to go public with what really seems less like an opinion and more like pointed criticism.

Fourth, the Disney Company can't possibly make all the right decisions for everyone all the time.

wannab@dis

goofyfan13 said:

Right. How many 8tracks you have? Vinyl? Tapes? VHS? Beta? see the trend here? What if the only thing that Blockbuster rented was Beta? Bet they would be out of business in a flash and no matter how much we LOVE our beta movies, it wouldn't matter.

Disclaimer... I do not have any beta movies. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom