Discusted with Disney World

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter11435

warlord said:
Wow, I used to respect you.
Why would his posts in this thread change your opinion of him? Regardless of any of our personal views on George W. your post was inappropriate as the rules of this board clearly state that political comments are not allowed. Thawn was simply pointing out that you broke a forum rule. In addition to being against the rules your post had nothing to do with this discussion and did nothing but waste space.

PigletIsMyCat

Eugh....(goes to read forum rules more closely so as not to get flamed by posting what she might feel is a witty and topical attempt at humor)...

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Okay...everybody's all upset....let's back away from this thread for the rest of the night....nothing is going to get solved. :wave:

dflye

BRYANSBABY06290 said:
YOur right 6 times is not a lot. Well i went a few other times but I stayed in disney 6 times. But 5 times were between age 3 and 7.....so that was a big part of my childhood.
Whoops, I'll retract part of my prior post, I was assuming the 6 stays were a little more spaced out over the years! :lookaroun

I think you are lucky, I sure don't have that many memorable events between the ages of 3 and 7 that I can recall! :lol:

Mr.MouseFan

Walt Disney was all about progress. I think that if he were alive today, he would be very proud of Walt Disney World. Mr. Disney would never want his parks to become stagnant or museum-like. While I agree that some rides are classics and should only be updated if absolutely necessary, it goes against everything Walt believed in to leave everything "as is" and not explore new concepts and new ways of doing things.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
BRYANSBABY06290 said:
YOur right 6 times is not a lot. Well i went a few other times but I stayed in disney 6 times. But 5 times were between age 3 and 7.....so that was a big part of my childhood. I know I cant do anything about it but I hate change. I was obsessed with disney world my whole life. And I was amazed with the rides the first time I visited WDW. EVen my parents feel the parks have lost a lot of its magic in recent years. If I go back I will deffinitly stay at the Carribean. With everything changing I have to keep something familiar but thanks for the advice about the other hotels.

Several of your fondest memories are from Epcot.

Epcot was designed - from the time they started realistic plans - to change. Imagination was under contract from Kodak to change. Energy changed because Exxon wanted it changed. These were planned from day 1. Nothing at Epcot is permanent. This is its purpose.

I talk about the 10-year rule every so often here, but it is real and intended. Sure, it's not exactly 10 years, but always within the vicinity. It's not always a whole new attraction, the world of future planning isn't in exacts, but Epcot was undeniably designed to change.

Someone created for you a playground. They designed it. Yes, you enjoyed it, and yes they profitted from it. This does not entitle you to it. It is theirs. It is their work, their labor, their love. Their art.

The Mona Lisa is not complete - the background is not finished. I may not enjoy the subtle suggestion of Mona's smile with the distraction of the finished background, but I certainly would not begrduge the artist the ability to complete his own vision.

Moments are not to be repeated. They are to be lived to the fullest within the moment. To recreate, to recapture, to expect the same - is greed of the worst kind. You're given what you've got and life aint fair. "I deserve to eat breakfast with Cinderella" and "I demand Horizons back!" are the rallying cry of the greedy. You cannot lay claim to that which is not yours.

Disney owns the parks. They can do what they want. They have slaved and loved and put so much more emotionally into it then you can even begin to imagine. Do not lay claim to that which is not yours.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
peter11435 said:
Why would his posts in this thread change your opinion of him? Regardless of any of our personal views on George W. your post was inappropriate as the rules of this board clearly state that political comments are not allowed. Thawn was simply pointing out that you broke a forum rule. In addition to being against the rules your post had nothing to do with this discussion and did nothing but waste space.

If you didn't bother to look I took it down..

Thrawn said:
Ban this member. Political attacks are unwarranted. I am offended.

I am offended too, but what can you do? We're stuck with him until 2009!

(I love that correctly quoting our commander in chief constitutes a "political attack.")

-Billy

Rinxman

BRYANSBABY06290 said:
If one more person insults my education I honeslty dont know what I'm going to do. I know nobody cares about my business but to insult me like that is not fair. I was typing fast, as I said 100 times because I was upset and was thinking about much. You do not know anything about me. I happen to be a straight A student and work hard for my A's. I hold down 3 jobs, dance 2 hours a day and take 6 classes a semester. At times I work on 4 hours of sleep if I have to. I am very intelligent and am a very good student. I am loved by my teachers and am in 2 seperate honor societies. (not that anyone cares but if your gonna insult me I'm going to tell you) It upsets me that people find it ok to insult eachother on this board. You don't know me so dont assume I am lacking proper education or intelligence based on only one post. Especially when it is obvious that I was upset and writing fast. I'm sorry everyone has a problem with my post but I happen to have a problem with a lot of people on this board. I would never go out of my was to insult or hurt someone's feelings based only on there opinions. Especially if there opinions are not directed at me.

I know you're new here so I'm going to give you some friendly advice.....
People will insult others here, and yeah why not, it's an open forum, but don't let insults force you to give personal information about yourself. If you're comfortable with it fine, ok, no problem, but it's really none of their business. You don't have to explain to everyone you're personal life or past. Some people don't care and say what they want anyway and I can see how it's upsetting. If you get upset, leave the thread and don't read any more posts about it.

Connor002

I'm trying not to choose sides...

*slowly sides steps to thrawn*

But, back on topic:

Rethinking life is a natural part of growing up. It happens from when you're a child to the day you die. Everyone finds themselves constantly looking over things and revising initial(sp?) thoughts and sometimes even changing opinions all together. If you are dissapointed in Disney, I respect your opinion. If that is what you think, you should stand by your beliefs. I love Disney. Will I still love Disney in 20 years? Probally. Is it a sure thing? Of course not. So, all insults and arguments aside, if thats what you think, stick with it, but people are bound to disagree. And think of this: If you didn't want people to share their opinions, why would you post on these (or any) boards.

Ok, I'm finished now...:lookaroun

roninbrian said:
Posts like this make me search for my "ignore" button since they don't say anything worth hearing.

If the wisdom of our beloved leader was not worth hearing, what does that say about the state of our nation?

-Billy

ps - by the way, best thread EVER!

peter11435

warlord said:
If you didn't bother to look I took it down..
I know you took it down. My comment was directed at your change in opinion. Thats why I quoted your comment about no longer respecting Thawn and not you original comments.

Thrawn said:
If you are unaware, George W. Bush is the President. He is a political figure. You made posts degrading him...

How do you degrade one by accurately quoting them?

-Billy

ps - i LOVE this thread.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
It goes to show you that you can't have different opinion about anything or people will fight.

peter11435

billybluenose said:
(I love that correctly quoting our commander in chief constitutes a "political attack.")

-Billy

His post did not constitute a "political attack." However it did bring politics into the discussion which is strictly forbidden (for obvious reasons) on these forums.

Tigger1988

billybluenose said:
I am offended too, but what can you do? We're stuck with him until 2009!

-Billy

Ditto...how its a political attack is beyond me... CLOSE THIS THREAD NOW its only going to get worse

PigletIsMyCat

peter11435 said:
His post did not constitute a "political attack." However it did bring politics into the discussion which is strictly forbidden (for obvious reasons) on these forums.

Not obvious to me. And, call me stupid (hear them yell "You're stupid!") but I can not find it stated in the rules that politics are a taboo subject on the boards....

P.S. go me 100th post :sohappy:

Well of course political discussions should not be allowed. They can only lead to unnecessary nastiness and name calling.

Unlike posting personal view points about WDW, of course.

:rolleyes:

-Billy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom