Discusted with Disney World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim G

disneylands said:
First let me start by saying, that was the best first post I have ever seen!:rolleyes:

you don't get it do you? Walt Disney wanted change, he was interested in the future which is why disney world has some of the most innovative rides the world has ever seen. Walt Disney designed some of the most memorable rides in the world. I appriciate what the imagineers are doing. They are keeping the tradition and spirit of walt disney alive.

The fact of the matter is that disney might be competing with universal but not stooping so low as to have mindless, storyless rollercoasters dotting the "theme park". Although they are competing they are doing it in such a way in which keeps the remarkable expierance of disney world... a remarkable expierance!

And you are the worst Disney "fan" I have ever encountered. The thing that makes me sick is the fact that you dont give walt disney world the respect it deserves. You dont want to go back to disney world? FINE dont but there are so many others that are aching to go. I would be ashamed if I were you. And honestly, I think you should leave!:mad:
On the other hand... I think... he's a Discuty!!! :D

BRYANSBABY06290

Account Suspended
Original Poster
duffyy said:
sorry but you just dont have the respect for disney like we do so please. you should just go to disney world and get the love back. I love disney I also will but you just dont have respect and that to me is sad

I'm sorry but I dont feel the way I used to when I go to WDW. I used to be in love with Disney World. No one understood it outside my family but I just dont like the changes, dont like the rides that are replacing the old ones, dont feel the magic the way I used to. ANd i want to believe me. I am very sad that I feel this way. I am sad that I cant feel the same way I used to about Disney World. It is dissapointing and that is why I wrote the post. Not to insult people. But keep the insults comming. Make me more upset than I am. Maybe if you knew the impact these classic rides had on my life you would understand. If you knew about my past, my life, what they did for me. I dont need to give my reasons for why I cant let go but believe me they make sense.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Just a reminder, you dont have to reply to a thread. If you dont like it, just ignore it. If you want to take part in civilised discussion, please carry on. Thanks.

dismedic

Yes we hear you loud and clear, But like we have said sit back and enjoy what is there and what will be in the future

roninbrian

I'll be nice and avoid the paragraphs comment I was going to make.

I really don't understand your motivation in joining to post that. You come to a Disney fan board and start out by tearing Disney down. The only conclusion I can draw is that you are a troll. If so, your work and sore typing fingers paid off, you got the flamefest you were hunting for.

If you were not trolling, then maybe you actually were upset when you wrote this. Take it from someone who has learned the hard way, take time to calm down before you say/post anything and life will go a lot easier for you.

I'm sorry you feel this way. I've been visiting Disney World yearly since 1979 and have seen all the changes have that come and go. A lot of my favorites are no longer there, but I enjoy the memories of those rides and look forward to the next thing that will come along. Life is change, time marches on, and any other cliché you can think of. Deal with it.

peter11435

I think this would be a good time to repeat three very important quotes.

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."

-Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."

-Walt Disney

"Disney owns the parks and resorts, they can do what they want"

-WDWmagic members

LaughingGravy

Rye Playland & Knoebel's

Playland Rocks!
Playland in Westchester County, NY features 50 rides and attractions for the entire family, including four roller coasters. Playland is located alongside a sandy beach on beautiful Long Island South in New York. Playland has the unique distinction of being America's first totally planned amusement park and prototype for today's successful theme parks. Dedicated as a National Historic Landmark in 1987, Playland has operated since 1928. The park is often referred to as "Rye Playland".
It's also owned by the state of NY. Going along with the NY ownership and the historical landmark status, serious $ is put into the upkeep to keep the place looking great.

Anyone who loves the cleanliness and attention to detail the Disney parks are known for (but granted, don't always have these days, I've heard) should really make a stop to Playland on a weeknight and one other place in the northeast. Knoebel's Grove in Elysburg, Pa. www.knoebels.com

Those two parks are the closest thing to paradise in the NY,NJ,PA,CT area if you can't deal with the distance and combined price to travel to Florida and experience Disney.

I do see where he was coming from complaining about spending $2K based on the superior quality of the older WDW. That was one reason we haven't been back since '92.
We had a nice, good time (but no Wow factor) in '92. Due to neglect, dirtiness, and a decidedly bad turn to make every attaction exit into a gift shop with the same stuff, we have been very hesitant about spending our money on a Disney vacation until now. That, and Pam gave us a deal that couldn't be passed up.
I have heard very good things about improvements happening from this forum and other sources that we're going to give it another shot in 2 weeks :)
I have prepped myself for the disappointment of Main St. USA. It hurts.
At least there is a Walt Disney Story, but not in the same place(MGM now). When that left Main St., that was the start of the real fast decline.

As far as rumors go, enough fly around here and elsewhere that you shouldn't let yourself get all worked up unless you have a trip coming up soon to WDW that you've paid for in advance and you're out of the refund window. Then, you can get upset!
You have come to the right forum.

So, share your trip report, including the meals, if you remember details.

saltmom1

Bryansbaby06290 -

Just remember you are older now. You look at things differently. Someone else posted an analogy that is perfect. Did you ever see/read Polar Express ?
Go to WDW and " listen for the bell". Maybe you will hear it and maybe you won't.

BRYANSBABY06290

Account Suspended
Original Poster
peter11435 said:
I think this would be a good time to repeat three very important quotes.

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."

-Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."

-Walt Disney

"Disney owns the parks and resorts, they can do what they want"

-WDWmagic members

Disney will continue to Grow, but in my opinion if they only replace then that is not growth, that is only change.

Improving a ride is great but tearing it apart is another.

Disney does own the parks and could do what they want but I can feel the way I want about it, state my opinion and spend my money where I want to spend it. Like I said before, I work Hard and have been working 3 jobs while going to school full time so that I could go on two wonderful vacations, one of which was going to be WDW. But when I found some of my favorite rides wouldn;t be there I was upset. I have a right. I was actually pretty calm about 10 minutes after I wrote my post but everyone here got me very upset.

wannab@dis

BRYANSBABY06290 said:
Disney will continue to Grow, but in my opinion if they only replace then that is not growth, that is only change.

Improving a ride is great but tearing it apart is another.

Disney does own the parks and could do what they want but I can feel the way I want about it, state my opinion and spend my money where I want to spend it. Like I said before, I work Hard and have been working 3 jobs while going to school full time so that I could go on two wonderful vacations, one of which was going to be WDW. But when I found some of my favorite rides wouldn;t be there I was upset. I have a right. I was actually pretty calm about 10 minutes after I wrote my post but everyone here got me very upset.

Just a couple of points...

Have you ever seen a pond that just sat there and didn't have any new water introduced? It became stagnated, nasty and eventually dried up and went away. The same can be said for any business that doesn't embrace change and growth.

Some of the responses you received were uncalled for, but you have to understand the other 'side'. You are a new member who doesn't have a posting history. Your first post was pretty strong and negative. People will react in a similar fashion. If you had been around and had a positive posting history, then the reaction may not have been quite as harsh.

I hope that you will hang around and enjoy the forum and all the great Disney info you'll find here! :wave:

disneylands

Account Suspended
wannab@dis said:
Just a couple of points...

Have you ever seen a pond that just sat there and didn't have any new water introduced? It became stagnated, nasty and eventually dried up and went away. The same can be said for any business that doesn't embrace change and growth.

Some of the responses you received were uncalled for, but you have to understand the other 'side'. You are a new member who doesn't have a posting history. Your first post was pretty strong and negative. People will react in a similar fashion. If you had been around and had a positive posting history, then the reaction may not have been quite as harsh.

I hope that you will hang around and enjoy the forum and all the great Disney info you'll find here! :wave:

nice analogy!

dflye

BRYANSBABY06290 said:
I am a straight A student with a full scholarship to college. I dont find it necessary to insult my writing when it has nothing to do with the point I was trying to make.
Wow. All I can say, I hope my son never attends any form of public(?) education system similar to what you attended and that he doesn't apply to the same college that you did.

If you want to be taken seriously on a serious board you must always:
  • Always, always be able to properly spell words that you use.
  • Find the return key for those changes in thought you may have (some of us call them paragraphs.)
  • The apostrophe (when used properly) is your friend, not your enemy.

BRYANSBABY06290 said:
dflye, all I could be is a silent protester. I had organized many petitions and wrote many letters to DIisney WOrld about the closing of Hoizons. After all that work they could have writen me a letter letting me know they received the letter. I felt like a fool thinking my opinion actaully matter.
Ok, take a deep breath.

Next time, before selecting Submit Reply, instead select Preview Post. I do this before every post I make, as this board can be even more critical than the HR department that reviews your resume.

When I said you need to get in the face of corporate Disney, I mean that you need to get media attention.

Organize a group, and stage a protest in front of all of the parks at WDW on the same day, with something catchy like signs that say "What would Walt do?"

Rinxman

BRYANSBABY06290 said:
Anyways, If these rumors I hear about DIsney World are true I will never go there again. I am not spending a fortune on people who couldn't care less about what their customers think and who want to destroy what for most people is their greatest childhood memory.

I don't think anyone here wants to see someone with your attitude here on this forum OR in WDW anyway. GOOD BYE!:mad:

peter11435

BRYANSBABY06290 said:

Disney does not only replace. Expedition: Everest is a perfect example of growth. It is important to remember that every attraction at WDW that has been replaced had been replaced for a reason. If an attraction is unpopular and few people ride it (as is the case with many of the attractions you mention) then it is only a matter of time before it MUST be replaced.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
:wave:

Hello all.....puppies, kittens, marshmallows, babies, puffy white clouds.....and other positive thoughts......

:lookaroun

Thrawn

Account Suspended
BRYANSBABY06290 said:
Fine I will leave. I am hurt and insulted by all of your comments. I may have sounded a little crazy but like i said, I was upset. If you knew me you would not say that I was the worst DIsney WOrld Fan. I am 20 and since I was 2 Disney has been my life. I have a right to feel dissapointed in something. Especially if its something I love so much. I think its great you are happy with the way things are going. Thats your opinion and I respect it but I am not happy. That is just my opinion and I have a right to it. I didn't plan on arguing when I posted that long post. Why should I be ashamed if I dont want to go to DIsney world? It is my hard earned money. It cost me over 2000 with spending money last time I went. If I am not happy with the park why should I spend my money. Everyone needs to realize this is my opinion. No one has to agree but please dont insult me.

Maybe you are experiencing the wrong things. I'm about your age, and I spend far more than $2000 on my longer trips to WDW. However, I love every second of it. You have to remember that each trip is about making new memories and not only reliving old ones.

BRYANSBABY06290 said:
Anyways, If these rumors I hear about DIsney World are true I will never go there again. I am not spending a fortune on people who couldn't care less about what their customers think and who want to destroy what for most people is their greatest childhood memory.

99.9% of Disney rumors are not true. Don't believe anything you read on the internet until Disney announces it. You are much better off that way. Secondly, no, Disney doesn't care what their customers think. Disney doesn't even have customers.

edit: I caught something about you not liking the closure of Horizons. You should know, if you don't already, that the Horizons building was structurally unsound and needed to be removed. It had to be, regardless of Mission Space. Luckily, we got an e-ticket to replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom