Disco Yeti Forever

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
When it quits breathing fire just a few months after opening, will Universal be all like, "Well the way we designed the building it sits on and whatnot means that repairs are impossible to effect. However, we will still have a crap tonne of television specials that show a dragon breathing fire on the hordes of rubes and morons that still frequent our decaying husk of a theme park empire."

WDWDad13

I predict that dragon takes away from the atmosphere, ultimately. Why wouldn't it fly away? Why wouldn't everyone be running scared out of Diagon Alley?

Impressive concept art but I honestly thought the same thing. At first I thought it looked cool at first glance and then I imagined being there and walking around that area and thought it would seem to take away from the other surroundings. I don't know

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
When it quits breathing fire just a few months after opening, will Universal be all like, "Well the way we designed the building it sits on and whatnot means that repairs are impossible to effect. However, we will still have a crap tonne of television specials that show a dragon breathing fire on the hordes of rubes and morons that still frequent our decaying husk of a theme park empire."

No but they have a wee man with a zippo and an aerosol

discos

I just found a video on YouTube, its the LTM tour of Everest with the imagineers, and at one point in it she says something about getting a paint estimate for Everest. Theoretically if Everest was to be re painted, wouldn't the ride need to go down and be under refurbishment? This video was from Aug/Sept and nothing about it has been announced but avatar has officially, so could they be in talks to put EE down for refurb? The other imagineer also said there were other projects at AK that she couldn't talk, and a this time I believe the new FOLK theatre/Africa area had already broke ground and avatar had also been announced, so are there more surprises we can expect at the park?

discos

How long do you think it would take to refurb the yeti? Months? Weeks?
I would expect months?? If the mountain is to be repaintedas well, wouldn't scaffolding need to go up around it (similar to what they did with Matterhorn) and I would expect that alone to take quite a bit of time.

JimboJones123

I would expect months?? If the mountain is to be repaintedas well, wouldn't scaffolding need to go up around it (similar to what they did with Matterhorn) and I would expect that alone to take quite a bit of time.
Days????
When these referbs take place, do they only work half an hour a day?

surfsupdon

It's a shame because it was an impressive AA.

Now, it is not.

I remember Disney closing Toad and Snow White because of dated static figures. Hope they won't shutter Everest for the same reasons <sarcasm>

WDWoptmist

To fix the yeti means fixing all of the mountain around him as he is built into the mountain and is a crucial part of the structure it would take a good 6 months at least to fix that and AK cannot have EE down for a day let alone 6 months...maybe if Avatar is a hit and adds more to do then the Yeti can be fixed but even still I've always thought that "disco" yeti has been blown way out of proportion it's still a really awesome looking yeti and it goes by so fast anyway I don't think making his arm move is worth the amount of time the ride we be down honestly

Voice of Disney sanity

To fix the yeti means fixing all of the mountain around him as he is built into the mountain and is a crucial part of the structure it would take a good 6 months at least to fix that and AK cannot have EE down for a day let alone 6 months...maybe if Avatar is a hit and adds more to do then the Yeti can be fixed but even still I've always thought that "disco" yeti has been blown way out of proportion it's still a really awesome looking yeti and it goes by so fast anyway I don't think making his arm move is worth the amount of time the ride we be down honestly
That's 6 months in UNI years in Disney years it could take 6 years

Magenta Panther

And attitudes such as THIS are how Iger excuses the fact that Walt Disney World has been operating a broken ride for years. Because the rubes are stupid and don't care. Oooh, it's still a cool roller coaster that goes backwards!!!! Wheeee!

Pitiful.

WDWoptmist

That's 6 months in UNI years in Disney years it could take 6 years
This is very true...
And attitudes such as THIS are how Iger excuses the fact that Walt Disney World has been operating a broken ride for years. Because the rubes are stupid and don't care. Oooh, it's still a cool roller coaster that goes backwards!!!! Wheeee!

Pitiful.
And the ride as a whole isn't broken...could you really justify shutting that ride down for lets just say a min of 6 months? Who is going to that park without EE? Obviously the ride is better with the yeti in A mode working perfectly but it's not as simple a fix as people on here seem to think I'm sure when the park has more to do they will fix it but like all of the CMs say that isn't for the foreseeable future

Minnie_girl

No but they have a wee man with a zippo and an aerosol
75.gif

lol :p

Magenta Panther

Couldn't have said it better myself. Bravo!!!!

Magenta Panther

This is very true...

And the ride as a whole isn't broken...could you really justify shutting that ride down for lets just say a min of 6 months? Who is going to that park without EE? Obviously the ride is better with the yeti in A mode working perfectly but it's not as simple a fix as people on here seem to think I'm sure when the park has more to do they will fix it but like all of the CMs say that isn't for the foreseeable future

You know what, I think people would understand the problem if Disney was honest about it. If Disney said "We are determined to give our guests the best entertainment experience possible, and so we are going to shut this ride down and work on it until it is fixed and meets the high quality standards of the Disney Company"... I think people would respect that.

jmuboy

You know what, I think people would understand the problem if Disney was honest about it. If Disney said "We are determined to give our guests the best entertainment experience possible, and so we are going to shut this ride down and work on it until it is fixed and meets the high quality standards of the Disney Company"... I think people would respect that.

"high quality standards of the Disney Company"...lol. Do those standards exist anymore.

From what I have read, in order to "fix" the problem with the Yeti, they would have to literally tear nearly the entire ride down and start from scratch due to cracks in the structural foundation it is built on. I am not so concerned with a "disco yeti" that I feel sinking enormous cost to fix a ride that is 99% functional is justified. With so many other things that the money could be invested in to improve the guest experience. It's not a top priority in my estimation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom