Disco Yeti Forever

RunnerEd

Original Poster
That's the standard answer to Bama fans...

LOL j/k

Never been on Everest...too chicken to do it...is it worst than the Rock n' Rollercoaster?
Rock n Rollercoaster is much more intense but E:E has the potential for being way more interesting if it weren't broken and half a$$3d.

I understand that it would be a very expensive, complicated and long procedure to fix the Yeti that would take at least 12 months and that's something we have to consider. Yes, the Yeti should be repaired, but that's easier said than done. Having said that though I have a feeling that Walt would have fixed it ASAP, no matter what it took. He also would've placed a few more rides in the infamous Minimal Kingdom, removed that awful ghetto-fair Dinorama area and just improved overall maitenance and quality at the park. *sighs* they really should consider him more.

Actually the Yeti looked impressive last weekend when I was there. I know I will get blasted for this, but it is what I thought.
I agree, he is very impressive and exceeds the standards of other parks, but he's just not 'Disney' impressive. Disney has set high standards for themselves in the past and in my opinion Disco Yeti doesn't quite live up to those. Nonetheless he's one amazing animatronic. :)

GrumpyFan

I agree, he is very impressive and exceeds the standards of other parks, but he's just not 'Disney' impressive. Disney has set high standards for themselves in the past and in my opinion Disco Yeti doesn't quite live up to those. Nonetheless he's one amazing animatronic statue :)

FTFY! Animatronics actually move, Statues do not!

DisneyGentleman

he's still an animatronic, just a broken one.
Future press release from TDO:

Back in the day when energy was plentiful and folks were wasteful with just about everything, Walt invented the field of audioanimatronics. For anyone who watches Mad Men, we know that the 60s were a time of waste and excess, and a half century later we are proud to announce an new innovation that is cleaner, greener, and does not contribute to global warming.

Boys and girls, you know what you feel like after you run across a field. At the end of it you are tired because you have burned that valuable resource - energy. Here in Orlando we too are conscious about burning energy, and that's why we have invented a new breakthrough we call audiostatimatronics. The Yeti is the first example this proud new technology. Rather than move and waste energy, it just sits there, helping to save the environment.

So next time you are on a ride and notice something is not moving, just remember that we are doing our little part to stay green and save the world from the evil dangers of carbon emissions.

backinaction

Actually the Yeti looked impressive last weekend when I was there. I know I will get blasted for this, but it is what I thought.
this is exactly why the yeti will never be fixed. 99 percent of the people who go to the park dont even notice him not moving.

MKCP 1985

this is exactly why the yeti will never be fixed. 99 percent of the people who go to the park dont even notice him not moving.

The fact he is not moving contributes heavily to people not noticing him. (I know what you were saying, but couldn't let that go without comment!)

I don't know the answer. Forever is a long time and at this point, many more people have been on the coaster and never knew what it was like when the 10 footer lunged at the riders on the right side of the train. I am an old guy by roller coaster standards and thought it was awesome.

I hold a glimmer of hope, but am not holding my breath that as the park grows and improves, the Yeti function will be revisited and he will be restored.

RSoxNo1

This is true but it points back to unrealized satisfaction. Expedition Everest is a perfectly acceptable ride with a non-functioning Yeti, much like DCA's version of Tower of Terror is also a solid attraction despite never leaving the elevator shaft. To me the difference between Everest with a working Yeti and without is the same as the difference between DCA's and DHS's Tower of Terror attractions.

PorterRedkey

This is true but it points back to unrealized satisfaction. Expedition Everest is a perfectly acceptable ride with a non-functioning Yeti, much like DCA's version of Tower of Terror is also a solid attraction despite never leaving the elevator shaft. To me the difference between Everest with a working Yeti and without is the same as the difference between DCA's and DHS's Tower of Terror attractions.

Interesting way of looking at it. The difference being that EE was never supposed to have a Yeti statue instead of a working AA. ToT in DCA added an effect and lost the forward movement that makes WDW ToT so impressive. This was there intention. ToT in DCA is operating as intended, while EE is not operating a intended.

The pathetic part comes because they don't care about fixing EE even though it is not operating as planned.

RSoxNo1

Interesting way of looking at it. The difference being that EE was never supposed to have a Yeti statue instead of a working AA. ToT in DCA added an effect and lost the forward movement that makes WDW ToT so impressive. This was there intention. ToT in DCA is operating as intended, while EE is not operating a intended.

The pathetic part comes because they don't care about fixing EE even though it is not operating as planned.
The point was more that if you only know DCA's version of Tower of Terror you're satisfied coming off that ride and you can say you had an enjoyable experience. It isn't until you've had the better experience that you know what you were missing. If the same person only knew DHS' version of Tower of Terror they would be more satisfied but again, not know why.

space42

The point was more that if you only know DCA's version of Tower of Terror you're satisfied coming off that ride and you can say you had an enjoyable experience. It isn't until you've had the better experience that you know what you were missing. If the same person only knew DHS' version of Tower of Terror they would be more satisfied but again, not know why.
This is largely true of the WDW experience as a whole. If you never visited before 2000, it's hard to explain exactly what is different as there have been so many small (and some not so small) changes. The place is still pretty darn amazing even if it used to be even more amazing! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom