Disappointed with Disney

JeepGuy77

Original Poster
Is anyone else disappointed with Disney lately?

OK. First of all, I'm a HUGE Disney fan and a fan of the parks in particular. I have always wanted to work for Disney Imagineering.

Lately, a lot about Disney has bothered me. I think they need to stop expanding and building parks all over the world when the parks they have now clearly need additions, upgrades, improvements, and maintenance. I'm sure I'm not alone on this one. Plus by building parks elsewhere, of course attendance to the other parks will not be as high. Why would someone from Japan need to keep coming back to WDW if they just built Tokyo Disney Sea etc.?

I also think it was dumb of them to spread themselves so thin in other ventures on the internet etc. Because of this, they have to make cuts (duh) and fire a hell of a lot of people.

Clearly, the existing parks need work. Disney's Animal Kingdom needs more E-ticket type attractions. I also believe that WDW Magic Kingdom needs some major additions and upgrades to the park. Half of Tomorrowland is not used nor is it even attractive to be in (the carousel of progress area and former skyway loading area). I know many of you are Carousel of Progress fans (as am I) but I feel that this attraction could be removed, BUT I think it would be areally cool idea to salvage it and have it as a historically significant exhibit in say... the Smithsonian Museum in Washington D.C. That way it doesnt need to be changed with the times and it still would survive. RIP Horizons. Ok so it's expensive and they need a sponsor. Why not Disney sponsor the exhibit? lol.

Ok I may be rambling, but I'm finding more and more people wanting to go to Universal in Orlando instead of WDW. Thats sad to me. What makes Disney attractions great is that they are attractions that have plot/storylines that the participant gets to interact with. They arent just thrill rides with drops and loops.

Anyway, I just htink Disney needs to focus on what they are best at... the parks and the movies.

I'm just hoping they get their act together and hire me soon. LOL.

-Jesse

Future Imagineer

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I heard they're building a park of all roller coasters.....:lol:

j/k

However, I agree with what you've said...and I thought this was going to be another " about disney" thread that wasn't thought out because there wasn't enough coasters. I'm pleasantly surprised to see someone agrees with me that they are fine with the parks they have, if they would only take the time and money to get them all up to speed.

Don L Duck

Originally posted by JeepGuy77
Is anyone else disappointed with Disney lately?

OK. First of all, I'm a HUGE Disney fan and a fan of the parks in particular. I have always wanted to work for Disney Imagineering.

Lately, a lot about Disney has bothered me. I think they need to stop expanding and building parks all over the world when the parks they have now clearly need additions, upgrades, improvements, and maintenance. I'm sure I'm not alone on this one. Plus by building parks elsewhere, of course attendance to the other parks will not be as high. Why would someone from Japan need to keep coming back to WDW if they just built Tokyo Disney Sea etc.?

I also think it was dumb of them to spread themselves so thin in other ventures on the internet etc. Because of this, they have to make cuts (duh) and fire a hell of a lot of people.

Clearly, the existing parks need work. Disney's Animal Kingdom needs more E-ticket type attractions. I also believe that WDW Magic Kingdom needs some major additions and upgrades to the park. Half of Tomorrowland is not used nor is it even attractive to be in (the carousel of progress area and former skyway loading area). I know many of you are Carousel of Progress fans (as am I) but I feel that this attraction could be removed, BUT I think it would be areally cool idea to salvage it and have it as a historically significant exhibit in say... the Smithsonian Museum in Washington D.C. That way it doesnt need to be changed with the times and it still would survive. RIP Horizons. Ok so it's expensive and they need a sponsor. Why not Disney sponsor the exhibit? lol.

Ok I may be rambling, but I'm finding more and more people wanting to go to Universal in Orlando instead of WDW. Thats sad to me. What makes Disney attractions great is that they are attractions that have plot/storylines that the participant gets to interact with. They arent just thrill rides with drops and loops.

Anyway, I just htink Disney needs to focus on what they are best at... the parks and the movies.

I'm just hoping they get their act together and hire me soon. LOL.

-Jesse

Future Imagineer
Here we go again:lol:

ToTBellHop

actually, I believe less and less people are going to Universal Orlando...disney expands all around the world because most people cannot afford to fly across the globe to get to disney. Also, disney did not pay for DisneySeas, so that does not affect our attractions, anyway. The reason Disneyland got a new park was because it hadn't gotten one in the time disney world had gotten four parks, a night district, water parks, and...19 hotels? Disney World currently has three active projects, which I can't complain about...although I would prefer more stuff at Animal Kingdom.

JeepGuy77

Original Poster
Yeah this is fun to see what else people think whether they agree or disagree or have any other opinions. Bring it on! lol.

-Jesse

WiCKMaN

I'm not really disappointed with Disney at all.
As for WDW, Animal Kingdom looks pretty clean and fresh, but Dino-Rama is a loser! WDW in general looks huge and impressive, like always.
Disney shouldn't build to many resort, but the current number of 4 is just fine. 2 over there in the USA, one in Japan, and one in Paris. The 5th one, to be build in China, might be not that needed, but it'll do just fine. As for the expansions of the resorts, well, Disneyland Resort (Anaheim) is the one needing one badly. I know most of the local citizens really like DCA, but personally I think thay could have done much better. Instead of building Paradise Pier :)hurl: ) They could've done some more Disneythemed area instead.

Dinseyland Resort Paris, the resort I live closest to, just got its second park, the studios. The studios look pretty fine, though they should've done some more theming on the Rock 'n' RollerCoaster building. I like the Walt Disney Studios Park.

I visit all the resorts pretty often, except Tokyo Disney Resort, being the only one I haven't visited yet. I like them all, so after reading my post you shouldn't think I'm trying to be negative on the parks. :lol:

Don L Duck

Originally posted by JeepGuy77
Yeah this is fun to see what else people think whether they agree or disagree or have any other opinions. Bring it on! lol.

-Jesse
Go to the 5th park thread.Have fun reading that one.Get in on that mess....whooooooooo hoooooooooo:sohappy:

WDWFREAK53

I agree Jesse!

California Adventure is NOT a COMPLETE DAY park nor is Animal Kingdom...WHY BUILD NEW PARKS WHEN YOU CAN'T KEEP PEOPLE IN THE PARKS YOU HAVE???

A new attraction needs to liven up Adventureland, Liberty Square, and Tomorrowland!!! The Magic Carpets of Aladdin is NOT what I'm talking about...LIVEN IT UP!!! Put an attraction that will get people into that area! (Putting a lot of pressure on PotC and the JC if you ask me). Liberty Square barely gets visited by people with younger children (unless they are not too afraid of the HM)...put another "family" ride that deals with the revolutionary war (kinda like Pirates)...I know the space is limited though. Tomorrowland is just a MESS!!! Between the closed skyway, the very limited opening of CoP, and the theater...(which is a MAJOR PLOT of valueable land...can someone say E-TICKET?). Oh yeah...Timekeeper WHO???

I agree Jesse, CoP is a great attraction and it will be sad to see it go (it's inevitable). But, if it means getting the stocks up and it means refreshing tomorrowland and making it more enjoyable to visit that area of the park...I'm all for it.

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by mktiggerman
A friggin MEN!

I'm not sure I would phrase it quite that way, but I agree with the sentiment! I think they should concentrate on filling the holes, adding new attractions to existing parks, extending park hours back to the original times, doing more maintenance, and adding more shows. I wouldn't mind paying 10-20/day more IF the parks were open longer, and there were new attractions. Heck, I'd pay that much TODAY just for longer hours!!

NowInc

..and planning a 3rd one in cali...

The one in Hong Kong I actually support tho...they need a major boost in tourism..and they called upon Disney to do it. In a situation similar to Tokyo's parks...Disney won't be footing most of the bill for the new parks in China.

WiCKMaN

Originally posted by NowInc
..and planning a 3rd one in cali...

The one in Hong Kong I actually support tho...they need a major boost in tourism..
Anf they also found some nice location for the new Disneyland in Hong Kong, since it's build on the same part of added land as the huge airport.

disneyfamily

What I find most dissappointing (sic) is they don't take care of the rides they have. Go on Its A Small World and look up. The ceiling tile is dirty, torn or missing. The carpeting is worn with obvious mismatch colors. The animatronics are broken or filthy with dust. The same could be said for many other rides. Then they shut down rides because of maintenance issues (ie 20K)
but then dump a boatload of money into a sign over Spaceship Earth that adds nothing to the attraction itself. Why couldn't just find a way to re-tool the subs. There was a time when you couldn't find a scrap of paper or piece of gum on a bench. Now ride the train around MK and count the water bottles or cans around the track. I even saw beer bottles there......etc. etc. etc. add nauseum:brick:

Erika

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
Liberty Square barely gets visited by people with younger children (unless they are not too afraid of the HM)...put another "family" ride that deals with the revolutionary war (kinda like Pirates)...

THAT would be very cool. I don't know where they could put something like that but you're right, it would really be a great addition.

Cyberacer

Disney's Animal Kingdom doesn't have that many attractions to begin with, and I don't think that the waits for attractions that don't have FASTPASSes are that long anyway.

Smitty

I agree with almost everything on this thread about adding to the parks Disney currently runs. But, (sorry but there is always a but!) some of the ideas are a little far fetched. The Liberty Square area is one of the smaller areas in any Disney park. If you ever got a chance to see an aerial view you would see just how squeezed in Liberty Square is. There really isn't room to expand back because HM is almost as far back as the park goes. (I realize it isn't as far back the land, I worked there after all and spent a ton of time behind that area but in terms of what is actually developed.) I just don't think that there would ever be the room to add another attraction in to Liberty Square without some major revamping.

On to Tomorrowland. I agree that the theater, CoP, and Skyway take up a ton of room! I personally wish that they would keep CoP up and running. If nothing else it provides a relaxing, enjoyable place to rest for a while on a busy day. I do agree that the Skyway and theater should be replaced. The problem with this is that whatever attraction is placed in that area would almost have to be an indoor attraction. There is a rather large parking area and a decent sized CM dining place right behind that stuff. One of the things Disney has always done is to keep the outside world out as much as a possible. Do you really want to go on an attraction and see the CM's back there on break or see their cars parked there? I have a feeling that Tomorrowland will get an upgrade in the near future. Please understand that this is just my feeling! Like anyone else on these boards, I have no access to anything Disney is planning in the attraction areas! I just get the feeling that T-Land will be getting some sort of upgrade in that general area, but we'll see what happens.

I do agree with the fact that the parks and the resorts in general have been suffering a bit from a lack of upkeep. I know several CM's who are on advisory committees that give ideas about what needs to be fixed and what needs to changed. This is basically cosmetic type stuff. Painting that needs to be done, cracks and other damage to surfaces. A lot of that sort of stuff needs to be fixed. I think we've all noticed that. Sorry for the length of my post and if it rambled a bit, but I had a lot I wanted to say. Hopefully we'll see the decision made to make some improvements to what we have already before anything new is really added. Have fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom