Disappointed with Disney

Don L Duck

Originally posted by epcotwsmd4me
I agree.BTW - I love "Donald Duck in MathMagicLand"! It's always one of my favorites to see just a glimpse of on late night programming!
Why thank you It's alway's tough doing a show like that with a limited amount of finger's. But seriously a comedian once said when you die you should have all the litter that you produced in your life shoved where the sun doesn't shine think about that next time you throw a 2 liter bottle out of your car window:lol:

Don L Duck

Originally posted by disneyman15
I agree with people who are saying that AK needs more E ticket rides. AK has only two major rides and one show that I liked. I didn't spend alot of time there because there was nothing to do.
Maybe now just maybe there are not a lot of rides there because the park has to close early cause of the wildlife and they don't want you there late.Also maybe Disney want's you to stop and get to know nature and life in other species and not just ride,ride,ride all friggin day long.Just relax and get in touch mother nature and all that's in it.Remember we are not the only ones here on this earth.:animwink:

The Mom

Premium Member
Re: Idgiots...

Originally posted by disneyprep50321
At Pecos Bill Cafe in the MK, the idgiots were throwing french fries to birds on top of that roof thing. :rolleyes:

They only stopped after the bird took a ________ on their head.

Pardon my french.

Unfortunately, the birds were flying over MY head to get to "The Idiot" so I took the hit! When I walked over and told her what I thought about it,and her, she just looked at me like, "So?" :rolleyes:

njchris65

Part of "society's problem" is that people do not take responsibility for their actions. They may deface property, then when confronted they act annoyed that anyone dare tell them what to do and then act like a victim.

I hate to say it, but it took a major hit for "being a victim" when that old lady sued McDonalds for burning herself with hot coffee!

At work, there is a no smoking sign right outside the doors. Some "I'm the only one in the world" people seem to think it doesn't apply to them. There are designated spots for this. WHY do they think they are so special???

Anyhoo.. I LOVE AK! I don't think it is about the rides!! It should *NOT* be. Anyone who gets bored there isn't appreciating the nature/animal aspect. I saw the gorillas and could have watched them all day. They are amazing to look at!! Look beyond the rides and look at life.

epcot71

society is part to blame for things wrong at disney however disney needs to react quicker to this issue-this is my example-i was at disney 2 months ago-i have noticed some issues around the park-the main issue was on splash mountain-in the waiting line second floor in the cave there was a 6 foot section of grafitti-some things on that wall were sexual jokes and a nice size nazi swastica-now this isnt one or 2 things that might have happened that day there was about 200 different things-that happened over a period of time(probably a couple of grad nights)-i did tell a mgr and he acted to fix problem but well see

I also love AK. I believe the best thing they could have possibly done was add the new AK Lodge. It allows people to actually see the animals all the time from their rooms. Kind of nice.

We have a park up here in the Seattle area called Northwest Trek. I'm a member and love the park a lot. My wife and I go there every chance we get just to wander around and look at the animals.

I think AK is just fine as it is, but it does need something...

More Animals!

Dwarful

Well, we hit AK but its not an all day thing for us. We have an excellent zoo nearby that has the animals in natural settings..we can see that all for free so we dont spend a whole lot of time in AK.....probably wouldnt do it everytime if we didnt have that park hopping option!

disneyfan123

I agree that Disney should not be building new parks when there are ling problems in the existing ones. They should try to sort these probs out b4 building new parks or expanding the existing ones.

*only 49 days to go*
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

FanofDinsey1981

I can understand the main arugemnt, but I do think we as dinsey people really do think that disney is the best, and when they are slightly less than perfect, we are disapointed. I dont think the closings have much to do with the expansion, but mostly to do with the sept 11th attacks. the economy and tourism are picking up, but still not back to where they were.

though, there are a few rides that could use some improvement, instead of new rides being developed. I think disney will redeem itself soon. but good points over all!

Dwarful

yeah, it would take some major serious changes, problems etc. for me to become nondisney.....its just the perfect place for family vacations.

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
A new attraction needs to liven up Adventureland, Liberty Square, and Tomorrowland!!! The Magic Carpets of Aladdin is NOT what I'm talking about...LIVEN IT UP!!! Put an attraction that will get people into that area! (Putting a lot of pressure on PotC and the JC if you ask me). Liberty Square barely gets visited by people with younger children (unless they are not too afraid of the HM)...put another "family" ride that deals with the revolutionary war (kinda like Pirates)...I know the space is limited though. Tomorrowland is just a MESS!!! Between the closed skyway, the very limited opening of CoP, and the theater...(which is a MAJOR PLOT of valueable land...can someone say E-TICKET?). Oh yeah...Timekeeper WHO???

you may have something there, WDWFREAK! i never thought of a revolutionary war ride in LS, but being a lover of the revolutionary war, that would be awesome! finding a place to put it would be the only problem, of course. but to tell you the truth, even as a kid, i loved LS. i thought it was great! then again, i didn't care what area i was in...it was WDW!
i completely totally agree! the Magic Carpets is not at all what AL needed! for one thing, they should've created a ride that wouldn't have changed the theme of AL (is it just me, or does the land seem kind of choped up now? it's like 3 different themes in an area that should be 1 theme.) and they should've done something that wouldn't have taken up so much walking space! i feel so crowded when i go into AL land (formerly one of my fave areas)
as for Tomorrowland, i also agree...on some things. yes, they do have some major land areas that NEEDS something! Timekeeper, the theater, and the old skyway. hopefully they'll find something to do with Timekeeper's place...and i pray that it's not another 360 film...i've always found those to be so boring. i see the theater to be a big waste of space! why don't they throw all the characters in there instead of turning all the unused attrations spaces into meet n greets? :animwink: and the old skyway building could definately house something...possibly. as for CoP, i honestly hope they don't get rid of it...updating it, i'll be fine with. but i think they need to extend the time that it's open, and i think they should most definately redo the outside to match the rest of TL...the outside of the building looks a bit outdated, if you ask me. and they should probably update the look of the inside of the theater...like seating and such. i think just updating the look of it would help tremendously with the attendance! but that's just me!

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by no2apprentice
Anyway, back to the main topic, I've come to expect trash no matter where I go. It breaks my heart when I see it in the parks, but what REALLY strips my bolt is when I see trash on the rides/attractions. I'm sure the CM's do everything they can to keep up with the litter problem, and (I'm guessing) that the rides are gone through after closing to remove obvious litter, but I just can't understand why someone would spoil the experience of others in such a moronic way.

tell me about it! my little trash experience....this was the worst case i had ever seen at WDW...it was June of last year. my sister and i were waiting in line for Space Mountain on our last night in the parks. there was a group of idiotic college boys in front of us and the line was backed up all the way to the entrance...so we had to be around them the whole time. anyway, as we came upon the little area right before the controls thingy, you know, the little area to the left with the tvs and the video of the woman talking about all the safety issues and such...anyway, on the little carpeted platform type thing, there were about 5 empty Coke bottles. i was both saddened and infuriated...but i told no one because i really didn't know who to tell.
but seriously. what the hell is wrong with some people these days? what's happened to the respect people once had? i suspect either high school or college age kids are the ones doing most of the litering (no offense to those age of kids here...i'm one too...i'm just saying some, not all kids that age are like that) and if it is, then i could bet you that their excuse would be that they were just trying to have fun....oh yeah, i throw my trash on the ground for kicks too :rolleyes: i just don't get it....being young and having fun is no excuse for litering, causing a disturbance, or any other kind of unruly behavior! it's just uncalled for!

niteobsrvr

As for litter, I think you would all be suprised who is responsible for a lot of it. Next time you visit the parks, take a time out and just sit and watch the people.

A vast majority of the litter is from adults.

FanofDinsey1981

I talked to a lady who was working right outside the bathroom by the Tea Cups, (she actually said hello first...how is your day going?) just as we were talking, she saw a couple and 2 children walk by a trash can, missed getting the trash INTHE can, and then looked at it, and kept walking.

I work with kids, so I am constantly picking up after people, so I automatically went over there and picked it up forher. she was very grateful, and sad that "it is those kind of people that keep me here well after midnight picking up their trash, preventing me from seeing my family till the next morning."

I felt horrible for her!

Dwarful

OK I know for sure I will pick it up if I see it~ maybe if everyone did do the self policing thing it would be better...but at the prices we pay you would think everyone would want to keep the prices down and clean their own mess up~ ahh but that would be a decent thing to do! Dont people understand that the more mess they make the more disney spends to clean it up = the more we have to pay~

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Heres my ten bobs worth;
Yes i would like new rides, but primarily I would like to see closed attractions replaced as this gives the impression of a declining park. If you shut something have its replacement ready to go ASAP.
Also park maintenance, we hear its difficult to fit in but surely reduced operating hours must help that. For 20 years ive worked for an out fit that makes do and mends, but ultimately you end up paying the price as you have to replace something because it has not been taken care of.
Litter ? I have the cure just employ my wife as a litter warden its her pet hate. Shes scary when shes in full flow:fork:

stingrock23

Hopefully, I will never be that disappointed that I would not go to disney. But there are some problems that exist. The trash problem is just a lack of respect from the visitors. It's people of all ages, and there's nothing you can do about that because that's the way society has become. some are like that, some are not. i mean, i even put out my cigarette butt then put it in a garbage can instead of on the ground because I dont' want to mess up the place. It just takes a little consideration by the guest.
Disney just needs to focus on making the existing WDW better instead of expanding. They're getting too big for their own good.
Only 138 days to go. Almost there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom