Dinosaur Ride!

batulo128

Original Poster
:ROFLOL:Hi everyone!

Is there a possibility that the Dinosaur ride can be altered a bit .. The reviews that i have read are almost alarming and unbelievable..

I am sure that many of you have ridden this ride and perhaps the outcome would be either it is scary or fun...

I personally have not ridden this ride yet.. I have back problems so i was told in advance to stay away completely..

I would like to see this ride either on dvd or website which HD picture quality..

Overall, i would appreciate any feedback for those would give this ride a thumbs up or a thumbs down...

Thank you!,:lol:

Shere_Khan

It scared the snot out of me!!!!

But that doesn't mean it wasn't fun.

It does jerk you around quite a bit, not sure how it would effect you with back problems but hopefully others can shed some light. I don't think that there are many high quality videos of the ride out there, it is mostly completely in the dark.

hpyhnt 1000

You wont see any good video of it however, as most of it takes place in very dimly lit conditions, making good video/photgraphy close on impossible.

Bah! I'm sure Martin could pull it off if he tried. ;) :wave:

Anyway, as far as the ride goes, there is a very big possiblity that the ride could be altered. Everything about the attraction, from the vehicle movements to the sets and animatronics, could be changed to support a new experience.

**I'm not saying Dinosaur is changing anytime soon. I'm only saying that if Disney wanted to, it would be possible to make this into a completely new attraction.**

Now, is it a worth while thing to do? Absolutely, but with your back problems, it is advisable to stay away. The vehicle lurches heavily and substantially throughout the ride's duration, and might leave you in pain for an extended period of time. I have never really cared for this attraction, but it is a solid ride for AK. Unfortunately, there are no real quality videos of the attraction for you to view.

SeaBreeze

Anyway, as far as the ride goes, there is a very big possiblity that the ride could be altered. Everything about the attraction, from the vehicle movements to the sets and animatronics, could be changed to support a new experience.

**I'm not saying Dinosaur is changing anytime soon. I'm only saying that if Disney wanted to, it would be possible to make this into a completely new attraction.**

Can it be altered? Yes, for the reasons hpyhnt 1000 stated. Will it? No. It's an intense jerky ride and will stay that way. It's incredibly dark so I don't think any video will be too useful. The Indiana Jones right at DL is the sister attraction and a bit lighter, but I'm not sure if there's better quality video of that out there for you to check out the motion.

I recently went on it with a friend who has has some back issues and she (surprisingly) did not find it too jerky but it's not really worth the risk. Everyone is different; I love the attraction but I wouldn't want to risk injuring myself to go on it. Are there any rides on property you want on that you recall aggravating your back?

Cmdr_Crimson

:ROFLOL:Hi everyone!

Is there a possibility that the Dinosaur ride can be altered a bit .. The reviews that i have read are almost alarming and unbelievable..

I am sure that many of you have ridden this ride and perhaps the outcome would be either it is scary or fun...

I personally have not ridden this ride yet.. I have back problems so i was told in advance to stay away completely..

I would like to see this ride either on dvd or website which HD picture quality..

Overall, i would appreciate any feedback for those would give this ride a thumbs up or a thumbs down...

Thank you!,:lol:

Okay first off..Welcome to the boards:wave:..Secondly...I suggest to tone down on huge fonts..And Thirdly http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1817180240948351857 This is by far the best version of the ride I've seen with great audio as well..To get the best experience on how this ride is crank your volume to full blast to understand why this ride is so freaking sweet!:D

Craig & Lisa

The ride itself is great, but loud. And it does jerk you around somewhat, if anything they could mellow that out alittle. If you have a brace I would suggest that you wear it for that ride, but use earplugs too, I'm not much of a loud sounds guy, and I realize that the sound adds to the attraction itself, but there is a limit to how loud it could be. Also I've had a bad back since I was 16, now 49, I'm in pain everyday, but over time I learned to deal with it, I have good days and bad and after a few trips on the ride I've learned to protect myself, enjoy and have never had a problem.

batulo128

Original Poster
Dino ride!

:ROFLOL:Hello!

Appreciate the great input i have received from everyone!I am having my 7th back surgery on August so that sums up my question for today..

I saw it on you tube.. I know that this might sound silly but would it be funny if the first dinosuar when shown with a hat and cigar in its mouth and greeted everyone in the beginning in the ride..

For the ending, the last dinosaur would spit up on people before exiting the ride like stitch...

Just a silly thought!...:wave:

xsupaxmanxsfnex

Isn't there a spot in the vehicle that you can sit where it is less jerky. I think I heard the front row and it's either the left or middle where it is less rough.

eppaspc

My DH and I are are avid, avid thrill ride junkies and we think this ride is great but....... there is a very subtle line that can be crossed, especially on a 'themed' ride. When I begin to think more about my neck popping or if my kids are allright than the experience, then that line has been crossed. The end of this ride is like that for me. It becomes just a teeny bit too jerky and I begin to think of it as a ride rather than the experience of time travel and dinosaurs. Wouldn't try this with your back problems.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
In theory, aiming for the middle seats of the middle rows on a motion base is the least roughest ride; the further to the edges you sit the bumpier it can be.

There again, Dino is an excellent ride which dosn`t have back/neck warnings for no reason :wave:

Bah! I'm sure Martin could pull it off if he tried.
It isn`t looking bad so far - when I get the time to complete it ;)

bgraham34

Personally for me I think the ride is tame. I wont hold on because then its too tame. Its a better ride if you dont hold on to anything.

Sassagoula-Rvr

I hated it and I am a big thrill ride person I have never been scared on ANY ride in my life but that ride got me. One of my least favorite...now Indiana Jones Adventure in Dland which has the same vehicles and even layout is AMAZING. PLEASE WDI BRING IT TO FLORIDA!!!!!!

Wiidrone

I have had back surgery and rode it. Did not find it that bad. My back did not hurt at all after the ride. It is a great ride.

Erin_Akey

My DH and I are are avid, avid thrill ride junkies and we think this ride is great but....... there is a very subtle line that can be crossed, especially on a 'themed' ride. When I begin to think more about my neck popping or if my kids are allright than the experience, then that line has been crossed. The end of this ride is like that for me. It becomes just a teeny bit too jerky and I begin to think of it as a ride rather than the experience of time travel and dinosaurs. Wouldn't try this with your back problems.

I agree on this one. I am in great health and have no back/neck problems etc., however on our last trip in October, I banged the HECK out of my knee and had an ugly looking bruise for about three days. It is WAY too jerky for me. :hurl:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom