Do you like Dinosaur the ride in AK?

• Yes! One of my favorites!

Votes: 183 79.6%
  • No! I'll pass.

Votes: 47 20.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fudwrapper

That's my issue also. It freaks me out to be in complete darkness. I had a panic attack in Sounds Dangerous because of the darkness.:eek:

I have a question about Dinosaur...in the pictural souvenir book it says that at the beginning your time rover "plunges recklessly in the darkness"..or something like that. Is there that dropping feeling like being on a rollar coaster. That would be strike two for me because I hate that feeling too..:dazzle:

no, there is no big drop. just sheer terror!

kimmychad

Working in the parks I came across a surprise.

The most wide range of reviews on our Animal Kingdom's attraction leaves us nothing to swing from the trees about. (haha like that?)

So

Only once and not again!

or

Can't get enough. Send me back in time ANY time!

AND
Why or why not?:drevil:

yes i love this ride

cococola44

Original Poster
well there is speed there...(well atleast you feel like you are speeding) so that force may make you feel that way.

RiversideBunny

Dinosaur is a 'must' ride.

I wish, though, that they would tone down the amount of bouncing that the vehicle does.
It is so bumpy that I have to concentrate on the roughness and not on the adventure itself.
I miss a lot of what would be scary or fun- 'Forget the dinosaur; let's try to stay in this seat'.

It's currently an endurance ride and not a scary ride.

:king::king:

JerseySkiddie

I like it... but i don't LOVE it. if there's little to no wait i say go for it (which in my experience there rarely is a wait). plus the photos at the end are usually priceless! And who doesn't love Mrs. Cosby?

CThaddeus

The ride itself has some problems, ie, plot holes, (the biggest OCD I have with the plot holes in here is how can the outside say, 'Come and experience the Time Rover for yourself!', while Grant deliberately says this mission is a secret and only for you..:veryconfu ) generic moments, and some poorly staged areas. That, and I simply think the whole building should emphasize what it said in the preshow ('Quaint exhibits in the old wing', then randomly going to talk about time travel...?). Should go from being a ye old exhbit to a lab or something futurisitic of sorts. That may be the scifi geek in me saying that, but I just feel totally out of place with it. That, and I REALLY want to get Bill Nye out of the first 'preshow'. I don't think even anyone knows bout him anymore, cause last time I went in there, I was asking myself what had happened to him since he went off the air. Sure, he has a right fit for UoE, but not here anymore.

As for the "Come and experience the Time Rover for yourself" line, it does fit with the attraction, actually. Your original mission was to ride the Time Rover back in time, but not to collect a dinosaur. You were going to visit a time period before any thread of extinction existed. It's explained in the preshow by Dr. Marsh. After Dr. Seeker alters the course of the Time Rover to go after the iguanodon he tells you not to tell everyone because he's doing something clearly illegal and dangerous and doesn't want you to go blabbing it to everyone or he'll be busted. So, no plot hole there.
Next, they have you walk through the old exhibits precisely to show you how things have been done before. When she's talking about the future of science, she's pointing to the Time Rover and how time travelling to the age of the dinosaurs will totally alter the way science will study dinosaurs (and presumably historical eras in general). Now you can visit it personally. You don't need to look at old bones and surmise how the creature looked in life...you can actually see it. And the rest of the building does look pretty advanced to me. I don't see a hole here, either.
Finally, I don't get what's wrong with having Bill Nye do the voiceover. You don't have to know who he is to grasp the concepts he's presenting. He makes it sound interesting - like he's really into it himself - which makes the learning process less "painful" for those tourists who just can't seem to handle being educated while entertained. I guess my question would be: if he's okay for Ellen's Energy Adventure, why isn't he okay here? They're both scientifically-related, after all...Dinosaur just zooms off in a sci-fi direction after the museum area.
Please note, I'm not attempting to attack you. I just wanted to explain my take on the points you thought didn't make sense. :wave:

imamouse

I like it... but i don't LOVE it. if there's little to no wait i say go for it (which in my experience there rarely is a wait). plus the photos at the end are usually priceless! And who doesn't love Mrs. Cosby?

Hey JerseySkiddie - Welcome to WDWMagic :wave:. I agree with you - it's an OK dark ride, and I love the preshow.

MKCP 1985

I could get the same thrill if I went into a dark closet, turned on a strobe light, and had two big ugly people push me around for 5 minutes.:lookaroun
For a thrill, check your PM mailbox and don't forget to bring your wallet. :lookaroun

:eek:

:lol:

Guillory Girl

I agree with Riverside Bunny. Really bumpy and this distracts from a lot of the effects. You shouldn't be holding on for dear life to stay in the ride. You should be gripping about the dinosaurs!

Pirate665

Working it, it's fun because it's one of the few rides you have control over the lighting and sound. Turn down the lights, turn up and sound and watch the people. It's fun!

>Steve

Pongo

I think Indy and Dinosaur are two different rides. Dinosaur is super scary, and Indy isn't. Indy has a great plot, theming, and detail, and Dinosaur doesn't. The only thing they have in common is the ride system.

I agree with Nicole. I've never ridden Indy, but if I did I wouldn't compare the two because even though they're the same system and the same layout, they're COMPLETELY different rides. It's like comparing the Haunted Mansion and World of Motion. You just can't do it.

cococola44

Original Poster
I agree with Nicole. I've never ridden Indy, but if I did I wouldn't compare the two because even though they're the same system and the same layout, they're COMPLETELY different rides. It's like comparing the Haunted Mansion and World of Motion. You just can't do it.

:shrug:
actually...

the ride is using the same system in both hm and wom to make it continuously moving. different themes

JLW11Hi

If you're talking strictly "rides" - ie. attractions that go somewhere - then he's not far off. I count seven, if you include the Rafiki's Planet Watch Train:
1. Kilimanjaro Safaris
2. Rafiki's Planet Watch Train
3. Kali River Rapids
4. Expedition: Everest
5. Triceratop Spin
6. Primeval Whirl
7. Dinosaur
Now, take out the junk (Kali), the kiddie stuff, (Triceratop Spin), and the attraction everyone but me considers boring (Rafiki's PWT), and you're down to 4 again...

You could pretty much do that with DHS as well.

Great Movie Ride
Tower of Terror
Rockn Roller Coaster
Star Tours
Backlot Tour

Take out the weak Backlot Tour, and you've got 4 rides! Granted, Toy Story Mainia is opening soon, but the Studios have been around a decade longer than AK.

I like Dinosaur. I love it being loud, and I love the "jerkiness" of the vehicle. Those are some of my favorite things about attractions like that! (Indy, too)

echoscot

Person A: "This apple is terrible it tastes nothing like the orange I had this morning!"

Person B: "Well, that is because it is an apple and not an orange."

Person A: "What's the difference? They are both fruit they both grow on a tree!"

Person B: "Well, they are both fruit but they are different fruits"

Person A: "Well, if a tree was going to produce fruit it should be exactly the same fruit all the time!"

Person B: "I actually like both apples and oranges."

Person A: "How can you possibly like apples?!?! They are nowhere near as good as oranges!"

Person B: "I like them both, it's just that I don't think you should be comparing APPLES AND ORANGES"

Pongo

Person A: "This apple is terrible it tastes nothing like the orange I had this morning!"

Person B: "Well, that is because it is an apple and not an orange."

Person A: "What's the difference? They are both fruit they both grow on a tree!"

Person B: "Well, they are both fruit but they are different fruits"

Person A: "Well, if a tree was going to produce fruit it should be exactly the same fruit all the time!"

Person B: "I actually like both apples and oranges."

Person A: "How can you possibly like apples?!?! They are nowhere near as good as oranges!"

Person B: "I like them both, it's just that I don't think you should be comparing APPLES AND ORANGES"

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom