Do you like Dinosaur the ride in AK?

• Yes! One of my favorites!

Votes: 183 79.6%
  • No! I'll pass.

Votes: 47 20.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

worthog352

I think its a great ride that I think can be built upon in the future when it comes time to build another ride like this......the vehicles for this ride are amazing (as we all know from the travel channel) and there is plenty of room for improvement. My only problem is that it lashes people around so much it can hurt your neck after a couple of times going back in time. So, its a good "ride once" or twice seperated by a few hours ride. Overall, this ride still has some of the top knoch animatronics around. Just think if they added a yeti-carnivore battle at the end huh?:wave::wave:

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
After hearing all the hype about Indy, I was dissappointed after riding it. I liked it, but not as much as expected to like it. Meanwhile I stand by my review of Dinosaur....love it, love it, LOVE IT, cause its scary!

cococola44

Original Poster
I think my problem is that it is too julty. Yet this is coming from someone who digs mission space and test track...hmm

DisneyAnole

DAK doesn't have enough rides to pass on this one, if you want to get a full day out of the park. I think Dinosaur could have been great if WDI had added some scenery to the dark sections. But the way it is, for anyone who's been on IJA, it's something of a disappointment.

disneyracefan

worst ride at disneyworld after stitch if only they could have made it half the ride indiana jones at disneyland is it would have been a hell of a ride!!!

Nicole220

After hearing all the hype about Indy, I was dissappointed after riding it. I liked it, but not as much as expected to like it. Meanwhile I stand by my review of Dinosaur....love it, love it, LOVE IT, cause its scary!
I think Indy and Dinosaur are two different rides. Dinosaur is super scary, and Indy isn't. Indy has a great plot, theming, and detail, and Dinosaur doesn't. The only thing they have in common is the ride system.

Spyne

Dinosaur is definitely worth it. As others have said, DAK is still very much evolving, but during this evolving period it's great to have a thrill ride like Dinosaur there. :)

CThaddeus

I'm okay with Dinosaur. It's fun and has a nice subversive element to it (ie. you're doing something "illegal"). It's also interesting to see how the Indiana Jones Adventure track and vehicles could be used so differently. It's not one of my favorites, so for that reason I didn't vote. But I do like it and though it's usually one of the last things I do in the Park (like Chester n' Hester's and Kali, which I tend to avoid and don't feel at all bad about if I miss entirely), I still find it entertaining. Let's just say that while it's near the bottom of my list for Animal Kingdom, I can still honestly say I feel it's worth a ride when I visit the Park again...but probably not more than once per visit.

cococola44

Original Poster
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TOURING TIPS[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This is a rough, turbulent ride! Think of a b__________g bronco! Dinosaur is mostly dark with lots of light flashes, loud noises and dinosaurs jumping out at you! It can be scary for youngsters and perhaps some adults.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It is Standard Operating Procedure on Dinosaur to have the Cast Member do a seat belt check at a safety stop after the ride has left the boarding area but before it enters the main ride path.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dinosaur is virtually a walk on at park opening and closing. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Height Requirement is 40 inches. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Find a line and don't want to wait??? You can utilize FASTPASS - a free service to all park guests. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The ride is less than 3 minutes in duration[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].[/FONT]

CThaddeus

There are actually a lot more rides then that

:kiss:

If you're talking strictly "rides" - ie. attractions that go somewhere - then he's not far off. I count seven, if you include the Rafiki's Planet Watch Train:
1. Kilimanjaro Safaris
2. Rafiki's Planet Watch Train
3. Kali River Rapids
4. Expedition: Everest
5. Triceratop Spin
6. Primeval Whirl
7. Dinosaur
Now, take out the junk (Kali), the kiddie stuff, (Triceratop Spin), and the attraction everyone but me considers boring (Rafiki's PWT), and you're down to 4 again...

cococola44

Original Poster
dinosaur_ride.jpg

cococola44

Original Poster
If you're talking strictly "rides" - ie. attractions that go somewhere - then he's not far off. I count seven, if you include the Rafiki's Planet Watch Train:
1. Kilimanjaro Safaris
2. Rafiki's Planet Watch Train
3. Kali River Rapids
4. Expedition: Everest
5. Triceratop Spin
6. Primeval Whirl
7. Dinosaur
Now, take out the junk (Kali), the kiddie stuff, (Triceratop Spin), and the attraction everyone but me considers boring (Rafiki's PWT), and you're down to 4 again...

Goes by opinion...i guess you are right theoretically.

docandsix

A great opportunity spoiled.

That's Dinosaur, to me. Even the name, changed from its original, Countdown to Extinction, turns me off, with its crass consumerism, extracted directly from the exploitative "Every attraction must be a movie, and every movie an attraction" mentality.

I never feel like I've been transported to another place or time on Dinosaur. I feel like I'm in a very, very dark building (no natural place on earth is ever that dark--even at midnight--except the depths of the deepest caves) with lots of artificial, flashing lights and loud noises. Because of this sensation, I cannot see the animatronics (however technically impressive one may consider them, and I consider them to be below Disney standards) as anything more than rubberized statues.

I've been fascinated with dinosaurs since the time of my earliest memories, long before I had notion of Walt Disney and his parks, but this attraction does nothing for me. If I were in charge of it, I would bring up the lights, spend a lot on "landscaping," and even slow the whole show down a bit, hoping to encourage the guests to feel a bit more as though they have entered a primeval forest, not a dark ride in an amusement park, the latest permutation of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I'll take Ellen's Universe of Energy or the Disneyland Railroad (despite its dated and currently unscientific portrayal of prehistoric life) over Dinosaur for my Disney dinosaur fix any day of the week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom