Dinosaur has seen better days

Cmdr_Crimson

Except Disney doesn't own Scrat due to the original creator (who essentially had their IP ripped off by Blue Sky Studios) having won the legal battle to ownership of the character. Unless Disney can convince her to buy the character off of her, Scrat will never appear in another Ice Age film. IMHO, Ice Age without Scrat isn't worth franchising any further.
Yet the whole film franchise never focused on him..He was just a side plot throughout.. Either way it's not like they have been making theme park lands to them in parks overseas...Like this one for example..

Cmdr_Crimson

I would like to bring up one other thing....That finale back inside the institute..Could they at least make that television monitor you pass by before you unload a little bigger..They have 80 inch flat screens now at least it makes you look at that we saved Aladar..

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
images

With them doing a Buck Wilde and Scrat sand displays at the entrance a while back seems like they want to do something with them..
I’m sure they do. But nobody likes ice age. That would be a waste of money. I dont know of any kid these days that brings up those films.

Better to just keep it dinos so Disney can satisfy the kids fascination and have a (losing but justifying) race behind universal.

solidyne

I disagree. It’s a great thrill ride. Let the kids ride triceratops spin and go to the boneyard. Make another tame ride. Leave dinosaur as is (but in good condition). This version of the ride IS the toned down version already.
I remember riding in June '98, when it still had that fantastic new ride smell (the same smell as ExtraTerrorestrial), and it really was thrilling! And dark. The preshow was very fresh and of its time.

Now the attraction is quite tame, even laughable in spots, and the preshow feels stupid and dated. Another instance of the just-let-it-rot-until-people-think-it-deserves-to-go-so-we-can-cheaply-reskin-or-tear-down approach to park maintenance. With just a few regular improvements and tweaks over the years it could still have been a killer ride today!

mysto

Jurassic Park would fit perfectly in dinoland. Maybe they could negotiate a complicated agreement allowing them to have JP theme park rides in some counties/states/countries and sell JP merch in different counties/states/countries and release JP content films in different counties/states/countries.

Nah they would never do anything stupid like that.

jeanericuser001

I wonder if the witch thing on Atlantis in Sea World is still on, then..
The witch has been dead for years at Atlantis. They have pretty much erased most of the mentions of it so its mostly just looking at scenery now. They even brought in some cheap music to replace the beetleguise music they stole.

Ldno

If it's true, that would be a very weird development, considering carnotourus is behind a leafy screen in B mode. Presumably, someone would need to actively make the choice to show him to guests, and they couldn't accidentally have him visible.

And yes, anyone who has been on Figment's ride lately would probably say "it's totally believable they showed a blatantly broken animatronic on purpose", but Figment's horrible, broken animatronics don't have functioning B modes that have been working as fine as they're supposed to for months. Carnotourus does.

Again, if it's true, maybe B mode broke and they figured it was worth trying the broken "real" one rather than having none? The B mode head looks unusually dark (could be camera quality, but normally his entire head is lit not just the teeth) in the other video posted.
Rode this late in June, it's not working, similar to Disco Yeti. They stopped the head back in 2016 after the last refurb of this ride, that was a huge scare factor of this ride back in the day but no flying pterodactyl no Carnotaurus head movement.

Indiana Jones fits “perfectly” in HS. Not animal kingdom.

No it doesn’t.
It does, the ride in Disneyland perfectly blended in with Adventure land next to the old Robinson Tree House, the foliage on Dinoland would be the perfect cover for said entrance, hell they can even make the queue a zoo walkthrough exhibit, but it's like 1/4 of mile to get in, the queue of Kali River rapids reminds me of it. Even then the Dinosaur musuem is a perfect front for a "conservation" museum or old ruins. The land and space is there big time it's just how they plan to change it up, but with how disney is not investing in parks that much I hardly doubt Imageering will get too much in depth of this.

The opening of the first Indiana Jones even temple of Doom and the last part of Crystal Skull is set in a jungle.

They made the Rainforest Cafe work, why not Indy lololol

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Jurassic Park would fit perfectly in dinoland. Maybe they could negotiate a complicated agreement allowing them to have JP theme park rides in some counties/states/countries and sell JP merch in different counties/states/countries and release JP content films in different counties/states/countries.

Nah they would never do anything stupid like that.
Jurassic Park doesn't have to have a monopoly on dinosaurs in movies or in theme parks.

Build a better product and people will come for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom