Dinosaur has seen better days

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
the ride in Disneyland perfectly blended in with Adventure land next to the old Robinson Tree House,
Last time I checked, Animal Kingdom is not Adventureland. I would actually have no problem with Indiana Jones being added to Adventureland... It would still be a dumb location compared to placing it in HS though. The land and space is there big time it's just how they plan to change it up, but with how disney is not investing in parks that much I hardly doubt Imageering will get too much in depth of this.
The opening of the first Indiana Jones even temple of Doom and the last part of Crystal Skull is set in a jungle.
Animal Kingdom is not "Jungle Land."

They made the Rainforest Cafe work, why not Indy lololol
Rainforest Cafe is technically outside of the park... But it is also literally a cafe set in a rainforest surrounded by nature and wildlife and not focused on some dude with a hat and a whip.

1657399001081.png

This is one of the saddest pictures of a theme park attraction I have ever seen.

Here's the full BlogMickey ride-thru and there are quite a few issues with the first three of the Carnotauruses:

1st Carnotaurus: Mouth does not open, eyes are closed? (didn't even know that was possible, could just be the angle, I guess). Without the mouth opening, it just vaguely shakes around for a second.

2nd Carnotaurus: Starts out in forward position, so there is no chasing going on here at all. Instead you first see its tail instead of its head. Its mouth is stuck open, so at least this one is plausibly roaring, though he only mildly shakes and it looks more like it's about to keel over and die rather than chase you through the jungle.

3rd Carnotaurus: (as seen in the picture above) Its head is completely bent forward and lifeless and its front half is covered with a netting of vines. For whatever reason, the broken animatronic is still visible even in B-Mode. But don't worry, you can still see the Incredible Floating Carnotaurus Head off to the left.

4th Carnotaurus: I don't know if its mouth ever moved, but it certainly doesn't now. Otherwise, I guess it's fine.

This is a sad state for what was once my favorite attraction. I sincerely hope they restore this ride to its glory days.

Smiley/OCD

FWIW, I’d be fine with the changeover to Indy at AK…for consistency purposes, close the Indy show at HWD, and use that space for Cars land Radiator Springs…and NO, I don’t care if it’s a copy of DLR. Now we just have to develop the rest of that horrendous supermarket parking lot carnival that was dinoland…

FWIW, I’d be fine with the changeover to Indy at AK…for consistency purposes, close the Indy show at HWD, and use that space for Cars land Radiator Springs…and NO, I don’t care if it’s a copy of DLR. Now we just have to develop the rest of that horrendous supermarket parking lot carnival that was dinoland…
I sincerely think it would be a very inferior version. Plus Dinosaur at it's best is SO GOOD!

bcoachable

I bet Indy goes to HS… someday- not here.
Maybe D-22 will provide an explanation? No way this ride sits in its current state without a plan to change it over soonish? Purely armchair speculation here…
Edit to add- yes I know it’s D-23, but I’ve always thought those get togethers fell just short of expectations…

Smiley/OCD

I bet Indy goes to HS… someday- not here.
Maybe D-22 will provide an explanation? No way this ride sits in its current state without a plan to change it over soonish? Purely armchair speculation here…
Edit to add- yes I know it’s D-23, but I’ve always thought those get togethers fell just short of expectations…
If Indy were to go to HWD, I can’t see how Dinosaur could remain in AK since it’s the same ride system IMHO, they’re just too alike.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
If Indy were to go to HWD, I can’t see how Dinosaur could remain in AK since it’s the same ride system IMHO, they’re just too alike.
Tell that to Transformers and Spider-Man..

Tell that to Soarin' and Flight of Passage..

Tell that to Ratatouille and M&MRR..

Tell that to The Seas with Nemo & Friends and Little Mermaid..

Tell that to O' Canada and Reflections of China..

Tell that to... Ah, you get the point.

Smiley/OCD

Tell that to Transformers and Spider-Man..

Tell that to Soarin' and Flight of Passage..
SotW and FoP are similar but NOT the same
Tell that to Ratatouille and M&MRR..

Tell that to The Seas with Nemo & Friends and Little Mermaid..

Tell that to O' Canada and Reflections of China..

Tell that to... Ah, you get the point.
Rat & MMRR while the ride systems are similar, the use of screens and props are completely different…I’ll give you Nemo & LM… the films are what they are…we can agree to disagree, that’s fine…opinions are what makes this site work so well usually.

gerarar

Premium Member
Here's the full BlogMickey ride-thru and there are quite a few issues with the first three of the Carnotauruses:

1st Carnotaurus: Mouth does not open, eyes are closed? (didn't even know that was possible, could just be the angle, I guess). Without the mouth opening, it just vaguely shakes around for a second.

2nd Carnotaurus: Starts out in forward position, so there is no chasing going on here at all. Instead you first see its tail instead of its head. Its mouth is stuck open, so at least this one is plausibly roaring, though he only mildly shakes and it looks more like it's about to keel over and die rather than chase you through the jungle.

3rd Carnotaurus: (as seen in the picture above) Its head is completely bent forward and lifeless and its front half is covered with a netting of vines. For whatever reason, the broken animatronic is still visible even in B-Mode. But don't worry, you can still see the Incredible Floating Carnotaurus Head off to the left.

4th Carnotaurus: I don't know if its mouth ever moved, but it certainly doesn't now. Otherwise, I guess it's fine.

This is a sad state for what was once my favorite attraction. I sincerely hope they restore this ride to its glory days.

Seems like a bunch of sensors are tripped up. A lot of the lighting was already on before the RV arrives to the scene. Like in the final 4th carnotaurus, whole scene is prelit when it should be dimmed then lighted as the meteor comes and the dino lurches forward.

With the B-mode scene, the covered carnotaurus already has A-mode lighting turned on when it should be off. Yesterday that whole scene was dark except the head on a stick.

Whole ride needs to be reset and cycled...sigh

rle4lunch

Just like with other rides that have gone the way of the dodo, they're just gonna keep it barely operational until it's shuttered and rethemed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom