Dinosaur has seen better days

Ldno

Dino land is cursed for sure, I was walking through a restaurant and over heard a teenage kid tell their mom that they didn’t understand the story of Dinosaur LOL.

I love it, too bad they toned the ride down a lot but I feel that Dinoland should had been next to Zoo trek between Asia and Africa, the Indiana Jones theming would fit perfectly there.

WIth all the hype from the 5th movie I could see them revamping the entire area, I would actually look forward to this if it was tangible.

Cmdr_Crimson

I love it, too bad they toned the ride down a lot but I feel that Dinoland should had been next to Zoo trek between Asia and Africa, the Indiana Jones theming would fit perfectly there.
Then you to change the aspect of the park and it's whole "Animal Conservation" meaning to it..And yes it could be changed look at DHS for example. From a "Working studio with a Hollywood that Never was" to "a park to experience movie thrills" If they intended to change it than Disney's Adventure Kingdom is still the best name for it..

Brad Bishop

It would seem that when a ride is left unmaintained, it is a signal that change could be coming (see Splash Mountain)… and to add relevancy, they took the mouse coaster out, for what reason??? I think something is up… but I have been wrong before.
Or they could just close the ride and leave it dormant for 20+ years. It's not like they don't have a history of that.

FigmentJedi

Dino land is cursed for sure, I was walking through a restaurant and over heard a teenage kid tell their mom that they didn’t understand the story of Dinosaur LOL.

WIth all the hype from the 5th movie I could see them revamping the entire area, I would actually look forward to this if it was tangible.
Whole point of Dinoland being where they put it is that it doesn't need to be too close to the back of house animal care facilities since its more animatronics then live animals there.

Ldno

I can't recall the last time I saw this working. Early 2000's? It was a cool effect when it worked.

I still love this ride in general It's a bit loud for me but that's a different story :)
It was working back in 2017, they toned down this ride a lot to be honest. I remember being chased by a dinosaur but now you just hear it from a distance 🫣
Then you to change the aspect of the park and it's whole "Animal Conservation" meaning to it..And yes it could be changed look at DHS for example. From a "Working studio with a Hollywood that Never was" to "a park to experience movie thrills" If they intended to change it than Disney's Adventure Kingdom is still the best name for it..
They already have Avatar, bugs life, Nemo, park changes for sure but interesting to see what plans they have for dinoland.

DHS is the most unrecognizable park for me, it’s a ghost of its former self they just made it confusing and underwhelming 😭

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
They already have Avatar,
They made it work with conservation.
bugs life,
Its message is to show humans how important bugs are and to not kill them lol.
Sort of got me there... Until the most recent update with it taking place in the Marine Life Institute, and it is good to have aquatic animals represented in some form at AK.
DHS is the most unrecognizable park for me, it’s a ghost of its former self they just made it confusing and underwhelming 😭
Agreed.

disneyfireman

It is the most out of place land of any not only theme park but vacation destination probably in the universe...Its like....what brainless person came up with the idea of this carni..stuff in Animal Kingdom...thankfully....rumour is...the whole land will be gone soon. It has been a sore spot from day one. The ride itself......I like...the land and all...Dumb.

Cmdr_Crimson

What recent IP could fit (crammed in with a witty backstory), then?
;)
images

With them doing a Buck Wilde and Scrat sand displays at the entrance a while back seems like they want to do something with them..

Last edited:

maleficentfan

Indiana Jones theming doesn't fit "perfectly" anywhere in AK.
It fits perfectly in the "conservation" theme of AK. Indiana Jones was all about conservation of artifacts. If we can have Pandora, which serves as a way to talk about conservation of the planet, Indiana Jones fits perfectly. That and a retheme of Dinoland with Indy makes complete sense. They don't even have to get rid of the dig site. Retheme the spinner, add in a E-ticket Indiana Jones ride or copy the one from Disneyland, and off we go.

In the Parks
No
"You know where" is reporting a wild new development at Dinosaur: apparently the mechanical structure of the climactic (third) carnotaurus' head has been removed, the head isn't moving, and his skin is floppy and flat and terrifying-looking. Can anyone confirm this? I found this video from five days ago, and while it looks like something is wrong with the Carnotaurus' head (on the right side of the screen when you watch the video), it's not really what that site is describing. Anyone in the parks in the last few days have any idea what the current status is?

DoleWhipDrea

images

With them doing a Buck Wilde and Scrat sand displays at the entrance a while back seems like they want to do something with them..
Except Disney doesn't own Scrat due to the original creator (who essentially had their IP ripped off by Blue Sky Studios) having won the legal battle to ownership of the character. Unless Disney can convince her to buy the character off of her, Scrat will never appear in another Ice Age film. IMHO, Ice Age without Scrat isn't worth franchising any further.

gerarar

Premium Member
"You know where" is reporting a wild new development at Dinosaur: apparently the mechanical structure of the climactic (third) carnotaurus' head has been removed, the head isn't moving, and his skin is floppy and flat and terrifying-looking. Can anyone confirm this? I found this video from five days ago, and while it looks like something is wrong with the Carnotaurus' head (on the right side of the screen when you watch the video), it's not really what that site is describing. Anyone in the parks in the last few days have any idea what the current status is?

Well that specific scene was in B-mode today (7/8), and has been a while according to earlier posts in this thread, so maybe A-mode was activated by accident, thus the "dismembered" AA?

Livestream from today:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom