Dining plan changes to KILL Free Dining???

JimboJones123

Original Poster
Now that's a really good idea - 'tis good to see a viable solution come out of all this fussing :sohappy:

Is there anything that can please? Nobody's fussing here. Just saying that I don't think that free dining will happen under the new DDP and why it would be a bad idea to do. Wouldn't you be concidered fussing for making a counterpoint?

JimboJones123

Original Poster
I just stepped in to the thread and found your negativity a bit amazing is all...

You are more than free to go ahead and assume the worst - doesn't mean the rest of us have to
CAN YOU PLEASE TAKE YOUR :mad: (yeah, that's the triple whammy) NEGATIVITY OUT OF THE THREAD! Yes, I'm yelling -- I realize that and it was my intention. You seem to be bringing in much more negativity, sarcasm, and fight into this thread and I'm tired of it. It can be a discussion. Let's leave it just that please.

Erika

Some very good viewpoints are being expressed here- I like reading both sides of this one. Don't let it get personal. Thanks.

jt04

People sure are passionate about their food, eh?

It's not the food! I love Disney. :cool:

I also love the "ignore" feature on this web site. It makes it easy to not have to read those who are being negative just for the sake of being negative. They know who they are!

JimboJones123

Original Poster
It really can make or break your trip, in some cases. :slurp:
Especially if you are there for more than 2-3 days. By then, you really need some variety that CS just can't offer. On a 9+ day trip, it's good to have a few snacks and meals that aren't Disney food too. If it's bring from home/store or just going out to eat somewhere non-Disney, it helps. Having the same burger at Beaches and Cream as AK is tiresome. Same thing as having the same fries at your hotel as ANYWHERE ON PROPERTY. Can they please get some variety in the fries. And no, McDonalds doesn't count.

SallyShine

We're going after free dining is over and still can't get into the places we want to eat. It must be awful during free dining. I feel sorry for the people that thought they got a great deal with free dining and can't get into a single restaurant. What a bummer.

brianhorn

As I said in my earlier post, I book my dinning as soon as I book my room. I also booked my room shortly after the free dinning was anounced as the available rooms go quick. I am curious is this a good practice any time of yer or just more so durring free dinning.

BRER DAD

I doubt we will ever see free dining again. I honestly was really suprised to see it again this year, but with the changes they are making im gonna consider it gone for good.

Carolwood

The Disney Dining Plan is offered 'free' only for a certain time and only for a certain number of people.
The great majority of guests who currently use the DDP do pay for it.
Comparision between the current DDP and the changes for 2008 should be done on the basis of a guest who is buying the plan and not getting it for free.

It's hard to argue against free food, of course.
The majority of guests, though, have not been getting free food.

I would rather see WDW use room discounts or upgrades, etc., for promoting attendance rather than 'free' food.

:)

Ditto for me...

MiduraMagic4

I am actually pumped up that this many people are ed about the dining changes. I am an Ap holder and would rather if I could just spontaneously go eat somewhere. With the current program in place everything is always booked and I can never get into a nice place anyway. Cant wait for the empty restaurants.

DisneyJoe

Just saying that I don't think that free dining will happen under the new DDP and why it would be a bad idea to do.

Bad idea for who? Disney's concern is not with the waitstaff and their tips - its with filling the rooms on property.

If Disney feels that the cost/benefit analysis of offering so-called free dining next August/September will fill the resorts and not harm the bottom line too much, then they will do it - they've done it the past 2 years, and again this year.

DisneyJoe

I am actually pumped up that this many people are ed about the dining changes. I am an Ap holder and would rather if I could just spontaneously go eat somewhere. With the current program in place everything is always booked and I can never get into a nice place anyway. Cant wait for the empty restaurants.

Unfortunately, the number of people on internet sites such as wdwmagic are an extremely small percentage of Disney's overall visitors - I wouldn't hold your breath yet waiting for empty restaurants based on the reactions of this group.

dave2822

Unfortunately, the number of people on internet sites such as wdwmagic are an extremely small percentage of Disney's overall visitors - I wouldn't hold your breath yet waiting for empty restaurants based on the reactions of this group.

Even if every single member who has ever joined this board proclaimed they would never again use the DDP, that would be roughly .00115% of WDW's yearly attendance ...

... so yes, quite a small percentage indeed

Ok, I have been seeing a lot of stuff flying around the forum lately about changing the gratuity of the dining plans, etc.

Is this only for the FREE dining offers or is it for all "plus dining plans"

My family and I almost never go during the times when free dining is offered. We generally go during holidays so they don't have to offer it.

I'm going to be honest. Taking away the gratuity in the "Magic Your Way Plus Dining" Plan without dropping the price of the plan is a big hit to me. I liken the dining plan to a cruise where there is an "all inclusive" plan. To have to spring for the tip now would be a hassle, not to mention cut into my spending money.

Now, if the removal of gratuity from the dining plan is only for dining plans under the FREE dining plan promotion...I will breathe a little easier. But if its for all dining plans, that may be trouble.

Can someone clarify this for me?

Thanks,

Johnny

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom