Dining at Hollywood Studios

zurgandfriend

50's is okay, we have had a good lunch at Brown Derby, but many people don't like it or say it has gone down hill.

You could also walk or take the slow boat over to the Epcot resorts, or Worldshowcase ans have a good lunch there.

drossjr

50's Prime time is a great place to eat and if you get a really good cast member it makes it even better

Hollywood Brown Derby is great

Sci-Fi--the theming is great but the food is okay

Starring Rolls- Counter service is yummy

Toy Story Pizza Planet is good as well

Stay away from ABC Commisory that place is :hurl:

WDWmazprty

Sci-Fi--Great atmosphere, food is so-so but good enough for lunch

Pizza Planet-- Great atmosphere if you have kids. Food is simple pizzas and salads. Again, good enough for a lunch.

belle_1022

DH & I liked Rosie's All American QS on the way to RNRC and ToT. I'm not a vegetarian but I loved the veggie burger and fries. Try to make healthy choices in food - even when on vaca. Eat a healthy lunch or dinner then I can have that Mickey ice cream bar, crispy treat or brownie!

lisamonster85

Original Poster
Yeah I was thinking maybe Catering Company or Backlot (I think that's what it's called)... I heard horrible things about ABC Commissary. And that Pizza Planet was good. Thanks everyone!

rct247

Sit-down Restaurants:
1. Hollywood Brown Derby (most expensive, good food, neat environment)
2. Mama Melrose's (moderate pricing, very filling, good food)
3. 50s Prime Time Cafe (awesome environment depending on server, good food, but limited choices)
4. Hollywood & Vine (buffet with good food)
5. Sci-Fi Dine-In (awesome environment, food isn't that amazing)

Quick Service Restaurants:
1. Sunset Ranch Market - Rosie's/Catalina Eddies/Fairfax Fare (Best Variety all in one place)
2. Backlot Express (Free Drink Refills, Delicious Turkey & Veggie Melts)
3. Studio Catering Company (New Menu of Good Deli Sandwiches
4. ABC Commissary (Has Fish & a Curry Dish for something different)
5. Staring Rolls (Sushi, sandwiches, pastries)
6. Pizza Planet (more about environment here)
7. Herbie's Drive-In (good corn dogs)
8. Tuluca Turkey Company (only place that has turkey legs, but I wouldn't eat one)

JohnLocke

If you're looking for a TS, the only other one I really like in MGM is Sci-Fi. Besides 50s, it's the only one with a good theme and pretty good food. I'd love to try lunch with an Imagineer at some point, but other than that, didn't really care as much about the Brown Derby, and if you're on the DDP I don't know if it's worth 2 TS credits.

whitney37354

CS: Toy Story Pizza Planet had the standard pizza and it was good
TS: We only did Mama Melrose for dinner & H&V for breakfast and both were good

pacochran

Yeah I was thinking maybe Catering Company or Backlot (I think that's what it's called)... I heard horrible things about ABC Commissary. And that Pizza Planet was good. Thanks everyone!
We've eaten at these and agree these fast foods are good, other than ABC Commissary, we haven't been thrilled the couple times we ate there, so wont' be going back. Pizza Planet is good for a quick bite also.

tjkref418

I would say Brown Derby is the best, but Sci Fi is a decent lunch option.

If you are not on the dining plan, there are a few quiet places at the Swan and Dolphin that work well for lunch (they do not accept dining credits though).

Matt and Kelly

We ate at 50's during our last trip and loved it. True, the selection may be limited but the food we ordered was very good.

The food was really the second act to the atmosphere and the cast member we had serving us. It turned out to be one of the most memorable experiences of our trip.

We are definitely going back next time we get the chance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom