Dieting for Disney 2008

Joy Peace

That's really amazing everyone! Keep up the good work:sohappy: I have decided to go by inches instead of pounds. That water weight really frustrates me!:mad: Any way hope to lose 20 by the middle of July If I loose more that would be awesome! Good luck to all. Heres to us all being healthy and happy!:D

jennc2001

so...here's my report for the day!! this morning i had a small bowl of crispix cereal with 2% milk, had a pickle for a snack (ok, it was 2 but i ALWAYS munch on pickles at work...it's my weakness :) ), had a piece of grilled tuna and fresh fruit for lunch and i just had raw mushrooms and broccoli with fat free ranch dressing for a snack. i'm having garlic chicken, squash and zucchini for dinner. i joined a gym so i'm gonna get my work out on....will start it up tomorrow!! yay me! :) i went to the grocery store and spent $50 on fruits and veggies....i better lose weight for that much money :)
i'll probably start the workout tomorrow...woohoo!! i love getting excited and it's only from everyone else's excitement about losing weight that i can be excited too!! thanks everyone and good luck to all!

Joy Peace

SO here is what I am doing... when I first wake up I eat something right away, something with protien I have been told this kick starts your motabolism. For breakfast and lunch I have an Herbalife protein shake. I try to remember to eat my snacks in between to keep matabolism burning. I go walking every morning for at least 30 min. (working my way up to 45 min.) Heard if you excercise at least 45 min a day the fat will fall off! Then I eat what ever my family is having for dinner and just watch my portions and try to eat more veggies than carbs. Your plate should be half veggie, 1/4 carb and 1/4 protien. (So my trainer tells me). Only have lost 4 lbs. but only have been doing it for a week and a half. Think my body is in shock:eek: because I am actually eating the right things and excercising.:lol: Once it gets over its confusion I am sure I will begin to see the results.:sohappy: Have a great day everyone.

sublimesting

Joy Peace;2846743]SO here is what I am doing... when I first wake up I eat something right away, something with protien I have been told this kick starts your motabolism. For breakfast and lunch I have an Herbalife protein shake. I try to remember to eat my snacks in between to keep matabolism burning. I go walking every morning for at least 30 min. (working my way up to 45 min.) Heard if you excercise at least 45 min a day the fat will fall off! Then I eat what ever my family is having for dinner and just watch my portions and try to eat more veggies than carbs. Your plate should be half veggie, 1/4 carb and 1/4 protien. (So my trainer tells me). Only have lost 4 lbs. but only have been doing it for a week and a half. Think my body is in shock:eek: because I am actually eating the right things and excercising.:lol: Once it gets over its confusion I am sure I will begin to see the results.:sohappy: Have a great day everyone.[/quote]

<<(working my way up to 45 min.) Heard if you excercise at least 45 min a day the fat will fall off! >>

Not necessarily, there is no magic number. It's more about the intensity you work out. For example: Speed walking for 30 minutes will burn about 125 calories. Adding 15 minutes to the walk will burn another 63 calories, which isn't much at all and certainly not enough to inspire fat to start melting away suddenly (Actually the 45 minutes burns off 1 can of soda pop). Running for 1/2 hour will burn 400 calories. Lifting weights for 30 minutes will burn about 300 calories. So length of time is not as important as INTENSITY! Like I've said before in these posts always strive to increase your intensity. Plus the QUICKER you get done the more apt you are to do it daily. One more thing is that you HAVE to be done before an hour as you start to have negative affects past 1 hour such as cortisol (stress hormone) build up in the muscles. So, it is in your best interest to be done ASAP and make optimal use of your time.

Now, it is great that you have made a lifestyle change, and you're right your body probably is very confused. It can take several weeks for it to start peaking in its metabolism and performance! Eating right, like you are doing is THE BEST thing you can do actually. If I were to choose one thing for optimal health, longevity, and weight loss.control it is eating healthy. Your plan is VERY GREAT though! You are eating healthy and your eating habits sound just about pefect...especially portion control. Just don't want ya to be disappointed if increasing your time to 45 mins. doesn't have the great results you were expecting.

figmentisgreat

Hey all! I haven't written about this in a while, but here I am!

I have made a complete lifestyle change from the time we started this. I have been eating way healthier and going to the gym for about half an hour every day. Since we started this, I have lost about 12 pounds. I'm at a healthy point now, and I have my BMI back inside the normal range. Now, I want to keep toning up, lose another 8-15 pounds, and get a nice swimsuit body. :)

I'm in....I could not stand to look at our pictures from our last trip in November. I began on Jan 2nd and we did the biggest loser at work. I have lost 27 pounds and I want 20 more! Let's go!

I work out 5 days a week...2 days of 40 minutes cardio and three days curcuit training. The two days I take off...I do dumbell workouts and core. I am really stuck right now and I am finding it harder to stay motivated.

Just a thought, but you're really working out 7 days a week, not 5...you might want to actually take those 2 days completely off, and let your body recover...that may make you feel better and give you more energy...overtraining can be extremely detrimental to your body...

This doesn't mean you should slack on what you're eating, however... :D

diddy_mouse

I like checking back in this thread. It seems everyone is really motivated and the results you all are getting sounds great! Kudos to you! :sohappy: That being said, I did one of the ultimate tests the other day. I actually tried on my bikini and was very pleased with how it looked. I knew I was starting to get results. I'm still eating right and making sure to exercise. Frankly I don't know how much I"ve lost and I really don't care...for me this is more about muscle tone and I knew the backbone of that was changing my eating habits. :D

Keep up the good work everyone! :wave:

OilSlinger822

I've done pretty good this week so far...an hour of working out everyday and filling up on veggies, fruits and whole grains...

Today I did a class at the gym called Boot camp...o.m.g.
that class kicked my BUTT...an hour of squats, jump rope, crunches, laps, etc.... I'm thinking tomorrow might be my day off haha

I do have a question or anyone though....I tend to not do too much high impact workouts b/c I had knee surgery in '03 and every now and then it hurts...but when I do jog or jump, the next day or even during my workout my shins start to really hurt....I don't know if they're shin splints or what, but I don't do a lot of jumping around on them so I'm not sure why they always act up...any tips??:shrug:

sublimesting

I've done pretty good this week so far...an hour of working out everyday and filling up on veggies, fruits and whole grains...

Today I did a class at the gym called Boot camp...o.m.g.
that class kicked my BUTT...an hour of squats, jump rope, crunches, laps, etc.... I'm thinking tomorrow might be my day off haha

I do have a question or anyone though....I tend to not do too much high impact workouts b/c I had knee surgery in '03 and every now and then it hurts...but when I do jog or jump, the next day or even during my workout my shins start to really hurt....I don't know if they're shin splints or what, but I don't do a lot of jumping around on them so I'm not sure why they always act up...any tips??:shrug:

Yeah those sound like shin splints, which occur when ever you don't use them too much. Eventually with regular use they will go away but here is a good stretch to do before and after you work opit on them. Sit with legs in front of you, point your toes and lean forward. Just like touching your toes except you are sitting and your toes are pointed. This will stretch your shin muscle.:wave:

sweetpee_1993

Had my weekly weigh-in at the doctor's office today. 160.9. 160 is my goal but it's closer to 161 so I don't think I'm quite there. Still, the weight continues to drop as the bod continues to firm up. Yaaaayyy!!!

mindy0509

TAX SEASON is finally OVER!!! I can get back into a normal routine. I am planning on going to spin class after work today. We leave for WDW in 26 days. Is it possible to lose 10 pounds in 4 weeks?

JessicaB

Went to ww saterday and I 'm down another two pounds. We also measured and I've lost a total of 9inches since last month.:sohappy:

sweetpee_1993

TAX SEASON is finally OVER!!! I can get back into a normal routine. I am planning on going to spin class after work today. We leave for WDW in 26 days. Is it possible to lose 10 pounds in 4 weeks?

Just set your mind that you're going to do your absolute best and not let yourself down. If you don't lose a full 10 at least you gave it your all and you have that satisfaction. Everyone's bodies are different. I know I can lose weight fast like that but not everyone can. Be realistic. You know what your body can do. Don't be too hard on yourself if you do your best and you don't make it. Something is always better than nothing. I believe in ya! Go for it!

sublimesting

Absolutely. In The Biggest Loser they lose more than that in 1 week. Of course the lighter you are the less you will lose. Personally when I go absolutley nuts working out by lifting weights and running 2 miles every day for 6 days per week and eat properly for 6 days per week, lose about 4 pounds per week and I weigh don't weigh too much really (for my size).

mindy0509

Thanks everyone. I am going to give it my all but if I do not quite get there I am not going to beat myself up over it. It is all about the long term goal of being healthy. I find that vacations are great motivation though. :D

scarpiapiano

I have so much to lose it's really a daunting challenge. However, on 60 Minutes last night they showed the fantastic and permenant results of weight loss surgery. I'll have to really petition my insurance but I'm sure I'm a well qualified candidate. I need some more information on it.

I loved the Biggest Loser! My Tuesday nights aren't going to seem the same without that show on. BTW, did anyone out there hate Brittany like I did?:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom