Dieting for Disney 2008

figmentisgreat

I realized this morning that although I lost 14 pounds, I feel like I lost 100. I have become a brand new person. I eat better, I like to go to the gym and exercise, my motivation has increased, I have more energy, and all in all, my life is better! I never dieted either...not one day since this started. I have no idea how many calories I eat, how many points I consume, or how much fat I eat. All I know is that I have egg white omelettes with a little cheese and lots of peppers, onions, and broccoli in the morning, have a salad or a wrap for lunch, have whatever I want for dinner, and have desert. The only thing I do is have a little less and only eat what I really want. If I want stir fry, I have it. But then I realized...why do I eat the rice? I don't really want it too badly, it brings me no joy, satisfaction, or extra fullness...why not get extra broccoli. That mindset of non-deprivation and healthier eating (as well as anywhere from 10-60 minutes at the gym every day/every other day/every 3 days...whenever I feel like) is what has allowed me to change my life. I don't make myself do anything...if I don't want to go to the gym, I don't. I refuse to make it a chore.

LoriMistress

Allow me to explain. Fat won't turn into muscle, the fat will just shrink. This is why eating properly is so important: ONCE YOU MAKE THE FAT CELLS THEY NEVER GO AWAY! :lookarounYou can only shrink the fat cells down but not truly burn them off for good. So you have to think of them as water balloons that you are leting the water out of. But muscle is muscle and fat is fat and conversely if you are very muscluar the muscle will not turn into fat when you stop. It is a popular myth that fat turns into muscle and vice versa depending on your level of fitness. Now, you are very correct about lifting weights. That WILL burn off more fat than anything else you can do. And muscle DOES weigh more than fat so you will gain more weight but it will be good weight. After the initial weight gains you will lose weight as fat goes away. And you will notice a huge difference in clothes sizes even by weighing more.:eek:
Thanks for educating me.

MoreYouKnow.jpg

LoriMistress

I've just been soooo busy aside from working out. Nope, not slacking on my work out regimen. At my weigh-in this past Thursday I was down to 159.9. My goal was 160 so I feel like I've made the big milestone. I don't want to stop. I wonder what I'm capable of just doing the healthier, smaller portion, controlled eating and regular excercise reginmen. It's so fun to wear clothes I never thought I'd be able to or have stuff falling off my hips that I always considered my skinnier clothes. LOL!

The hubby has been very very sick so I was home with him all weekend. :hammer:Sunday the lack of staying busy got to me and I was soooo hungry all day. I ate some stuff I shouldn't have then felt like a major pig because of it. That was all the more reason for me to push myself to get moving on Monday morning. ((I soooo don't do Mondays...or mornings...LOL))

So there ya have it, I'm doing good. I always think to come post on the thread but I think people probably get tired of hearing from me all the time. I get long-winded too. Sorry. :)

Congrats on losing the weight! That's great that you've met you goal. Last week I went through my closet and I gave my cousin three huge garbage bags filled with clothes that I use to wear (or only worn once). I'll be going clothes shopping soon, so I can wear some clothes that won't be too baggy on me!

You should start going through your closet to get ride of clothes that you don't and that are too big. It makes you feel a lot better, and you'll be able to go shopping to get some new clothes!!!

sublimesting

I realized this morning that although I lost 14 pounds, I feel like I lost 100. I have become a brand new person. I eat better, I like to go to the gym and exercise, my motivation has increased, I have more energy, and all in all, my life is better! I never dieted either...not one day since this started. I have no idea how many calories I eat, how many points I consume, or how much fat I eat. All I know is that I have egg white omelettes with a little cheese and lots of peppers, onions, and broccoli in the morning, have a salad or a wrap for lunch, have whatever I want for dinner, and have desert. The only thing I do is have a little less and only eat what I really want. If I want stir fry, I have it. But then I realized...why do I eat the rice? I don't really want it too badly, it brings me no joy, satisfaction, or extra fullness...why not get extra broccoli. That mindset of non-deprivation and healthier eating (as well as anywhere from 10-60 minutes at the gym every day/every other day/every 3 days...whenever I feel like) is what has allowed me to change my life. I don't make myself do anything...if I don't want to go to the gym, I don't. I refuse to make it a chore.

See, that's how its done. You have made it a lifestyle and not a diet and exercise regimen that controls you. You control your food and what you do and don't obsess over it. To most people you WOULD be on a diet as that is nice and healthy eating you are doing. It is good that you don't see it that way because it isn't a diet. It's how you are suppossed to eat. I think alot of people fail because they go on "diets" to lose weight so they can go back to eating normally (which is pigging out).:sohappy: You technically aren't paying attention to what you eat but in reality you don't have to as you are inheritently eating well. This is why I like Weight Watchers as it teaches you portions and what you are putting into your body.

sublimesting

Congrats on losing the weight! That's great that you've met you goal. Last week I went through my closet and I gave my cousin three huge garbage bags filled with clothes that I use to wear (or only worn once). I'll be going clothes shopping soon, so I can wear some clothes that won't be too baggy on me!

You should start going through your closet to get ride of clothes that you don't and that are too big. It makes you feel a lot better, and you'll be able to go shopping to get some new clothes!!!

Plus, getting rid of fat clothes forces you to stay in shape as you don't have the fat pants to fall back on. Clothes get a bit tight you increase your fitness or decrease your eating. I think alot of people get fat because it comes on out of nowhere it seems. You don't notice at first then next thing you know you're like 30 pounds overweight so using clothes is a good measuring tool to help you maintain.

Joy Peace

Ok it is my third week walkin evereyday(except on weekends) and I have lost 7 lbs.!:sohappy: I am doing two protien shakes a day (with snacks in B/n) and eating whatever everyone else eats for dinner (just watching my portions). I dont feel any different really other than i seem to be able to walk faster than before. My Husband boughts a Wii over the weekend and I tried out the boxing game. I was having so much fun playing before I realized it 30 min had gone by. That thing kicked my butt! within a few hours I was so sore in my back and arms. I may have over done it a little but it was a really good workout.:lol:

Dwarful

Well I am joining in late. But I started my diet plan 3 weeks ago. We go to WDW for 2 weeks the end of July/first part of August. In 3 weeks I have lost 8lbs. I am so excited. I am drinking lots more water, having a salad daily w/lunch and dinner. More fruits & veggies on my plate. I still have treats now and then, but seeing progress is such an incentive! At this rate I will reach my goal before our trip! Whoo hooo...! Good luck to everyone!

brucie

I just joined WW last week. I have been wanting to lose wight for a while but it is really my Disney Vacation in Sept that is pushing me. I will keep you updated. I have my first weigh in today!

alilance

My husband and I started our WDW diets in the middle of March. He lost 10 and I've lost 12!! We both hit our goals and our vacation starts in TWO DAYS!! It was a lot of work. We really have watched EVERYTHING we ate for the last two months! We only had pizza once, we use to have it delivered a couple of times a week! We eat a lot of grilled chicken, fish and salads. We snack on 100 calorie ice-cream bars, Special K bars, fruit, etc. We also hit the gym, played tennis, or just walked around the neighborhood 4-5 times a week. But it doesn't just happen. Diets are hard and they do take effort!! We're going to both try and continue our new "healthy living!" We're glad this trip gave us the incentive to do this!:sohappy:

LoriMistress

My husband and I started our WDW diets in the middle of March. He lost 10 and I've lost 12!! We both hit our goals and our vacation starts in TWO DAYS!! It was a lot of work. We really have watched EVERYTHING we ate for the last two months! We only had pizza once, we use to have it delivered a couple of times a week! We eat a lot of grilled chicken, fish and salads. We snack on 100 calorie ice-cream bars, Special K bars, fruit, etc. We also hit the gym, played tennis, or just walked around the neighborhood 4-5 times a week. But it doesn't just happen. Diets are hard and they do take effort!! We're going to both try and continue our new "healthy living!" We're glad this trip gave us the incentive to do this!:sohappy:

Congrats on the weight lose. You'll lose more weight when you're on vacation from all the walking. Plus, you'll notice the pictures you'll take of each other on vacation that you'll look "better."

Dwarful

I am happy to report that the scale has gone down 2lbs more. BUT the big news is the way my clothes fit. Another 1-2 lbs. I'll need to by new pants!

brucie

I lost 9.4 lbs for my first weigh in at Weight Watchers, My Goal is to Lose 80 lbs by Sept. Which is aprox 5 lbs a week. It's ambitious but that's my goal!

JessicaB

I lost another 3lbs. this week. I want to lose 60 by our Nov. trip. Maybe we'll see. I've already gone from a size 18 to a 12 so thats really helping the self esteem thing.:ROFLOL:

michelemily

I am in on this...i leave in 45 days....i was working out fiercely for the past few months but not eating right. i am now back on weight watchers and i will find out how i did my first week back on tonight.......i just don't want to feel embarrassed at typhoon lagoon with the kids where i have to get fully dressed everytime i want to walk away from the beach chair.....i have a good 35-40 to lose and know i won't make it to that goal in 45 days, but i am hoping for at least 10 by then.....hopefully...:eek:

I have read about 85% of your stories and they are wonderful. I give kudos to all of those who are working their butts off and sticking with it...
So I have come here to ask advise, modivation or just a you can do it...

I have been trying to lose about 30lbs... I have gained some extra not needed weight in the past 3yrs. 5 Yrs ago i went through a divorce and lost a lot of weight with all the stress that i was going through.
now that i am in a steady relationship, it seems that i have packed on a few pounds. My BF has been helping me work out (because if I tried to do it myself i wouldn't follow threw) But my prob is that i am the pickest eater ever so weight watchers would not do me any good.. I do not like fish, and i have tried just eating salads for dinner but i get so bored with it... I have cut out the sugar in my coffee in the morning... i don't usually eat lunch, and for dinner i eat salad or chicken.
I have only lost about 4lbs so far and am getting very discouraged. Please need some help or advice.(sorry to bore you) thank you very much

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom