Didn't like Disney...

Alison1975

Original Poster
So my brother in law and Sister in law are in FL with their 2 kids for a week. I asked my mother in law if they were going to Disney.. the answer..NOPE. They went 2 years ago ( kid were 4 and 7) and went ONE day to MK in the middle of spring break times and didn't like it.. DIDN'T like it?? So they will never go back.

I guess that's just one less family in them lines right?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
So my brother in law and Sister in law are in FL with their 2 kids for a week. I asked my mother in law if they were going to Disney.. the answer..NOPE. They went 2 years ago ( kid were 4 and 7) and went ONE day to MK in the middle of spring break times and didn't like it.. DIDN'T like it?? So they will never go back.

Pretty much. I have no problem explaining to someone why I like Disney to the degree that I do or how a failed trip could have been made better but I have no need to try and convert people.

powlessfamily4

Awwwww I feel bad for the kids. I find it hard to believe the kids didn't like it. More like Mom and Dad were stressed out.

You will have to take your nieces/nephews with you and show them what it is really all about.

zurgandfriend

Everyone is different.

I took my son to see Avatar, after the movie he turned to me and "boy that stunk" and I said "yup" yet evryone else raved about it. Go figure

Alison1975

Original Poster
My dh says it's cus there is too much family time in Disney..lol.. I hope to take my nieces when we can.. bet i can get them to LOVE Disney!

cheezbat

Everyone is different.

I took my son to see Avatar, after the movie he turned to me and "boy that stunk" and I said "yup" yet evryone else raved about it. Go figure

I TOTALLY agree with you. My friends and I all walked out of there saying it was so long and predictable, and not the greatest acting by any means either. MOst overhyped movie of all time. :shrug:

dreasons

Everyone is different.

While I don't think Avatar actually "stunk" I didn't think it was worth all the hype either. My wife and I watched the movie at home one evening. After the movie was over we were both just like.."um....ok..that was it??"..this is the movie that was supposed to be the best movie ever..the one that was supposed to be this mind blowing life changing experience? I'm sorry, but while I think the movie was decent, I have seen WAY better movies in my lifetime.

Alison1975

Original Poster
I thought the same about Avatar...

I will still never be able to wrap my mind around not like WDW..I mean they flat out will never go back, will never take their kids again.. can not imagine.

dreasons

I thought the same about Avatar...

I will still never be able to wrap my mind around not like WDW..I mean they flat out will never go back, will never take their kids again.. can not imagine.

I don't understand it either. Who doesn't like Walt Disney World??? There are literally tons of things to do in WDW!!! It is not just a few theme parks...you can go fishing, play a game of golf, go swimming, go horseback riding, go shopping, eat at tons of great restaurants, see amazing shows .... you can even drive a NASCAR car around a track at the Richard Petty Driving Experience!! Now where else can you do that??? Anyone who tells you there is nothing to do in Disney World has lost their mind!!

britdaw

WOW... I'm shocked to hear someone who doesn't like Disney World. I know adults without kids who go there on their vacations because it's such an awesome place. :) Come to think of it, I don't even know anyone who doesn't like Disney movies... I thought everyone in the world did.

Kev1417

what some of you have said about Avatar is what some people think about Disney. to each their own. There is not one thing on the planet that EVERYONE will like.

No reason to complain about people who don't like disney, and no reason for them to dislike those obsessed with Disney. Different strokes for different folks. If people just respect each other's opinion this country/world would be very different.

With that being said, i don't think you can judge Disney or anything for that matter,the first time you try it. Espcially when Disney has so much to offer it can't be done in one day or one trip even. Especially during the busy months.

cynic710

if you think about it, Avatar is nothing more than the story of Pohchantas retold with mech warriors and space travel:p

im an industrial designer, so i went in to that movie with aspirations of being blown away visually, i didnt hold the storyline to the same expectation, thank God.

now back to the story at hand, i wonder if their timing of spring break had a negative effect on their experience, as thats one of the most crowded times to go.

I understand everything that was written here and still I don't understand..... :shrug::shrug:how could someone not like Disney and better yet say that out loud Wow!!! I am amazed; and I feel so bad for the children. We all need Disney in our lives!!!! Don't you think???? :sohappy:

Alison1975

Original Poster
I know different strokes for different folks..I get that.. I guess you'd have to know my husbands family.. nothing is done for the kids.. I know those girls would love Disney if it was done for them.. done right..sigh..

rsoxguy

Didn't/Like/Disney

I'm checking dictionaries and lexicons. I'm certain that those three words can not be used together properly in a sentence.

Banksy

Awkward question...but do they have souls? They're not like...Voldemort are they...? How can you not like Disney!!!!:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom