Trip Report Did someone spit on me... or is it raining? May/June 2018

Hello and Welcome!!!

Yes friends, unfortunately (but fortunately) I am back from my 3rd and final trip of 2018... I had to make sure my annual pass went to good use ;)

This trip was amazing and I'm so glad I was able to go back... but it left me wanting MORE!!!! More time, more Disney, more park days... TAKE ME BACK, ALREADY!!!

Since I've been home I've been working 5 days a week at my job, 30 hours a week... not enjoying my summer so far. But hey, a girl has to save for her next Disney adventure!

Daniel (who is not featured in this TR) also has landed himself a big boy job for the summer - which will turn over into an internship in the fall! They've even offered to hold his position for when he graduates next spring! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: I'm so happy for him and in fact he is working his last shift at his old job right now!

Enough of the boring, real life details... I know you all want to hear about this trip! So on with the show!!

To recap ---

WHO: Myself (Becca, 20) and my mom, Lynn (older than me ;) )
WHEN: May 30th - June 3rd, 2018
WHERE: Port Orleans French Quarter
WHY: A mother-daughter adventure!

Before I start the recent photos... I just found this one from like 2010 (?) so I was like 11-12... and LOL
CIMG0217.JPG

Hollister... flip phone... disney bus ... and Pins LOL what more could you ask for?!!?
It was too good not to share!!! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

And here I am now! (except this is old too, from May 2017)
IMG_2349.jpg

So here ya go - one last photo before I start the real thing!
IMG_1179.JPG

That's more like it! :)

Ready when you are, C.B....

... Action!

becca_

Original Poster
Not sure why I've been so busy all of a sudden LOL sorry!

Magic Kingdom con't:
From there, we checked in for breakfast! Going to BoG for breakfast isn't usually a great deal money wise, but neither of us really like the lunch/dinner menu so this works good for us.
IMG_1210.jpg

It was also my mom's first time here so we were really excited!
IMG_1211.jpg
IMG_1212.jpg
IMG_1213.jpg

We both got the kids french toast since I was the one paying (LOL). It was pretty good but definitely not the best I've ever had.
As you can tell too, we got a cupcake which was delicious as per usual!
IMG_1214.jpg
IMG_1216.jpg

Some lights for @Doc Disney
IMG_1217.jpg

We headed out to Fantasyland!
IMG_1218.jpg

This has been under scrim since like Jan/Feb... what the heck lol
IMG_1219.jpg
IMG_1220.jpg

Next - more MK!

becca_

Original Poster
MK Con't:
We decided to do it's a small world since it was right there and pretty much still a walk on at this point
IMG_1221.jpg
IMG_1222.jpg
IMG_1223.jpg
IMG_1226.jpg

My favorite room :joyfull:

We disembarked and headed out of Fantasyland.
IMG_1227.jpg
IMG_1228.jpg
IMG_1229.jpg
IMG_1230.jpg

Next on our list was Haunted Mansion!
IMG_1231.jpg
IMG_1232.jpg

Seriously every time I ride I fall more in love with it. Daniel still isn't convinced :hilarious:

Next - more MK!

becca_

Original Poster
MK Con't:
After a haunted ride, we headed back over to Tomorrowland for a FP!
IMG_1233.jpg
IMG_1234.jpg
IMG_1235.jpg
IMG_1236.jpg
IMG_1237.jpg
IMG_1238.jpg

Now THIS is Daniel's favorite ride! My mothers? Not so much. She sat this one out and I went on alone. My list of people who will ride with me is growing shorter :hilarious:
IMG_1242.jpg
IMG_1243.jpg
IMG_1745.JPG

Not quite what I was going for but I guess its what I got LOL

My name popped up at the end :inlove: but I guess these screens are gone now? :bored:
IMG_1244.jpg

Next - more MK!

Minnesota disney fan

MK con't:
We stopped in the photo booth that is (was?) in the gift shop at the end of the ride!
View attachment 295840View attachment 295841
Hahahaha this picture makes me laugh

We crossed back over for a quick Castle photoshoot!
View attachment 295833View attachment 295834View attachment 295835View attachment 295836View attachment 295837View attachment 295838View attachment 295839
Next up - more MK!

Where are all the people????? It looks very uncrowded, everywhere. You are so lucky to be there with these "crowds". I'm jealous:)

becca_

Original Poster
MK Con't:
IMG_1267.jpg

Thoughts on the Tiki Room: I thought it was definitely cute but it is not a must do every trip. I would like to go again but it isn't a high priority - like riding Splash every trip! My mom said she could never do it again and be okay with it :hilarious:

We did things kind of out of order... next we grabbed a Dole Whip! Now if you remember back in January, Daniel and I tried this snack and weren't too impressed. I'd like to announce my taste buds have suddenly changed and I was obsessed with it! I am now a big fan of the whip.
IMG_1268.png

Mobile Order for the win (especially since the line was extremely long again)
IMG_1269.jpg
IMG_1270.jpg

Ooooh boy!! It was so so so good! Wish I had one right now :hungry:

It was super hot so we headed for an indoor experience!
IMG_1271.jpg
IMG_1272.jpg
IMG_1273.jpg

Things were getting a little more crowded now - especially many many many many (etc.) scooters. I really have never seen so many on my 18ish trips.
IMG_1274.jpg
IMG_1275.jpg
IMG_1276.jpg

The wait time was posted at 10 or 15 minutes but we ended up waiting 35. I wouldn't have been so annoyed if it wasn't 90 degrees outside and if we were inside an A/C queue. We both decided we needed a MK break and that we would want to head to the pool soon.

Next - more MK!

becca_

Original Poster
MK Con't:
Like I mentioned, we waited a really long time for this one... so we were almost ready to get the heck outta MK
IMG_1277.jpg
IMG_1278.jpg
IMG_1279.jpg

Had to take this for @prfctlyximprct who was at her Bachelorette party!! Now she's married to her real life Prince Eric! :D

We left and as we passed Mr. Pan, he said "Hey Girl" to me. Very interesting interaction LOL
IMG_1280.jpg

We headed to our next FP!
IMG_1281.jpg

BUSY!
IMG_1282.jpg
IMG_1283.jpg

Then we were greeted with this FP line.... Are you kidding me :facepalm: It wasn't just long it was not moving at all! At this point we were hot, tired, and very frustrated. But Splash is my favorite ride so I calmed down.
IMG_1284.jpg
IMG_1285.jpg

While we were in line, the people in the green shirts were trying to ride together. I think they were a family reunion or something. Instead of politely asking my Mom and I if we could let them join their family, they whispered loudly (oxymoron anyone?) that we should let them pass us. Um... no. Lol. I hate when people do that!! I'd be much more willing if they'd be nice about it.
IMG_1286.jpg

Next - more MK!

becca_

Original Poster
Sorry for my absence! I just spent a great weekend with some of my high school friends in Cedar Point! It wasn't Disney but I got my coaster fix :joyfull:

MK con't:
IMG_1287.jpg
IMG_1288.jpg
IMG_1290.jpg

For once I actually didn't wear a poncho! But I didn't get wet like at all so it didn't matter
IMG_1750.JPG
IMG_1291.jpg

We crossed over and made our way to an interesting sight

**Warning - gross animal (view discretion is advised)**

THIS HUGE SNAKE!
IMG_1292.jpg

IMG_1293.jpg

So that was a gator in the water and a snake in the trees! We really did see the wildlife this trip!
IMG_1294.jpg

The Muppets were going on so we stopped to watch for just a minute
IMG_1295.jpg
IMG_1296.jpg

Next - more MK!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom