• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Trip Report Did someone spit on me... or is it raining? May/June 2018

becca_

Original Poster
Hello and Welcome!!!

Yes friends, unfortunately (but fortunately) I am back from my 3rd and final trip of 2018... I had to make sure my annual pass went to good use ;)

This trip was amazing and I'm so glad I was able to go back... but it left me wanting MORE!!!! More time, more Disney, more park days... TAKE ME BACK, ALREADY!!!

Since I've been home I've been working 5 days a week at my job, 30 hours a week... not enjoying my summer so far. But hey, a girl has to save for her next Disney adventure!

Daniel (who is not featured in this TR) also has landed himself a big boy job for the summer - which will turn over into an internship in the fall! They've even offered to hold his position for when he graduates next spring! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: I'm so happy for him and in fact he is working his last shift at his old job right now!

Enough of the boring, real life details... I know you all want to hear about this trip! So on with the show!!

To recap ---

WHO: Myself (Becca, 20) and my mom, Lynn (older than me ;) )
WHEN: May 30th - June 3rd, 2018
WHERE: Port Orleans French Quarter
WHY: A mother-daughter adventure!

Before I start the recent photos... I just found this one from like 2010 (?) so I was like 11-12... and LOL
CIMG0217.JPG
Hollister... flip phone... disney bus ... and Pins LOL what more could you ask for?!!?
It was too good not to share!!! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

And here I am now! (except this is old too, from May 2017)
IMG_2349.jpg

So here ya go - one last photo before I start the real thing!
IMG_1179.JPG
That's more like it! :)

Ready when you are, C.B....

... Action!

becca_

Original Poster
Wednesday May 30th - Travel Day!

Our flight out of Buffalo was early. Like ungodly early. The plane left at 5:30am, putting us in Orlando at 7:50am. That meant we had to be up at 3 am o_Oo_Oo_O Luckily, my mother's husband works 2nd shift so he didn't get home until 2:30 and just drove us to the airport. I had only gotten maybe 3 hours of sleep but I WAS GOING TO DISNEY !!!!! so that didn't matter :joyfull:

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_be57.jpg
My normal travel day attire with my new suitcase that I got for my birthday!! It is seriously HUGE. I packed so much and it weighed only 41 pounds! Room for souvenirs!!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_be58.jpg
Passholder slider on... yellow magic band (plus 4 others that I brought) :cool:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_be59.jpg
Literally the blurriest picture in the world, but it is timestamped at 3:14am!

We got to the airport and used the SW kiosk to check in and get our boarding passes.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_be5a.jpg

After an empty security line we headed to Tim Hortons to grab food, except it wasn't open until 4 :rolleyes: so we had to wait a bit.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_be5b.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_be5c.jpg
We got in line and soon enough we were enjoying our breakfast!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_be5d.jpg
My mom got a sesame bagel and a coffee, I got a plain bagel and a frozen hot chocolate. Fun fact - I used to work at Tim Hortons (not the one in the airport) and that's actually where Daniel and I met :inlove: Fell in love over timbits and double doubles!!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_be5e.jpg
Headed to the gate and I think this is the place @Doc Disney usually stops?? Correct me if I'm wrong :hilarious:

Since we were in the A group, we boarded in no time!
IMG_0591 copy.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_be60.jpg
We got a whole row to ourselves because the flight was not full! Score!

Next - more plane/travel photos

becca_

Original Poster
May 30th - Travel Day con't:
IMG_0593.jpg

I tried sleeping the whole flight since I was exhausted and I think I slept for about an hour maybe an hour and a half.
IMG_0594.jpg
I did catch some of the sun rise!
IMG_0595.png
Before I knew it, we were almost there! We arrived a little early, too, which was great.
IMG_0596.jpgIMG_0597.jpg
Unfortunately, when we touched down, we were greeted with rain :arghh: but we decided that no matter what, we would make the best of it!
IMG_0598.jpg
Hopped on the fonorail and headed to baggage claim. We didn't take DME this trip since we were renting a car (I was secretly sad about this... you'll see soon LOL)

We grabbed our bags and quickly changed before getting the car and heading out!
IMG_0599.jpg
We had some form of a Mitsubishi... sorry I have no idea what kind LOL
IMG_0600.jpg
On the way there it was very very rainy!
IMG_0601.jpg
Quick already humid hair selfie :hilarious:
IMG_0602.jpg
Soon we were seeing Disney signs!! :joyfull::joyfull:

Next - more travel and I promise you'll see some park pictures :cat:

becca_

Original Poster

becca_

Original Poster
Travel Day con't:
IMG_0607.jpg
Rainy but YAY!

We headed to our first park, Hollywood Studios! I like doing this park on the first day because there's really only a few things I MUST do here (until SW:GE opens of course)

IMG_0608.jpgIMG_0609.jpg
Speaking of SW:GE... some construction as we drove through!
IMG_0610.png
What we were listening to :hilarious::hilarious:
IMG_0611.jpg
Skyliner!
IMG_0613.jpg
We parked in Donald Music and headed in!
IMG_0615.jpg
It was really steady rain so we had on our rain coats.
IMG_0616.jpgIMG_0617.jpg
First of the trip!! :happy:
IMG_0618.jpg
We were finally here!!

Next - more DHS and more rain

Top Bottom