Trip Report Did someone spit on me... or is it raining? May/June 2018

Hello and Welcome!!!

Yes friends, unfortunately (but fortunately) I am back from my 3rd and final trip of 2018... I had to make sure my annual pass went to good use ;)

This trip was amazing and I'm so glad I was able to go back... but it left me wanting MORE!!!! More time, more Disney, more park days... TAKE ME BACK, ALREADY!!!

Since I've been home I've been working 5 days a week at my job, 30 hours a week... not enjoying my summer so far. But hey, a girl has to save for her next Disney adventure!

Daniel (who is not featured in this TR) also has landed himself a big boy job for the summer - which will turn over into an internship in the fall! They've even offered to hold his position for when he graduates next spring! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: I'm so happy for him and in fact he is working his last shift at his old job right now!

Enough of the boring, real life details... I know you all want to hear about this trip! So on with the show!!

To recap ---

WHO: Myself (Becca, 20) and my mom, Lynn (older than me ;) )
WHEN: May 30th - June 3rd, 2018
WHERE: Port Orleans French Quarter
WHY: A mother-daughter adventure!

Before I start the recent photos... I just found this one from like 2010 (?) so I was like 11-12... and LOL
CIMG0217.JPG

Hollister... flip phone... disney bus ... and Pins LOL what more could you ask for?!!?
It was too good not to share!!! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

And here I am now! (except this is old too, from May 2017)
IMG_2349.jpg

So here ya go - one last photo before I start the real thing!
IMG_1179.JPG

That's more like it! :)

Ready when you are, C.B....

... Action!

becca_

Original Poster
You go girl! You can NEVER have too much Disney.........
I totally agree!! You should take a second trip again next year :angelic:
Enjoying your report Becca. POFQ is our favourite resort and WL my dream resort so looking forward to that report:)
Thank you! I love POFQ, especially the fact that it is much smaller than POR! WL was amazing when I stayed this past March! You must stay there at least once :joyfull:

becca_

Original Poster
Friday June 1st - Magic Kingdom:
MK had EMH at 7 am this morning... but neither of us were really excited about getting up at like 5:00am so we decided we could get there a little after 7 and that would be fine :joyfull:
IMG_1130.jpg
IMG_1131.jpg

Mug stop & then we were on our way!
IMG_1132.jpg

We got to MK about 7:40
IMG_1133.jpg

IMG_1134.jpg

Bag check didn't take long and soon we were inside MK!
IMG_1135.jpg
IMG_1136.jpg
IMG_1137.jpg
IMG_1138.jpg
IMG_1139.jpg

Next - more MK!

Songbird76

I am the same way!!! Flip flops or REALLY thick socks for me :hilarious:
I wear flip-flops even at home. I can't stand to have my bare feet touch the floor, no matter where I am. And I hate when I go swimming and I'm not allowed to wear shoes or anything in the pool area. I step out of the shower into my flip-flops. You just don't know what's been on that floor!!

becca_

Original Poster
I didn't get engaged there, but we went there for an anniversary one year. It's really beautiful, and there's another castle there, I don't think it's even a mile away. You drive past on the road and they are both right there.
How cool! I'd love to see it in person, it really is beautiful!!
I wear flip-flops even at home. I can't stand to have my bare feet touch the floor, no matter where I am. And I hate when I go swimming and I'm not allowed to wear shoes or anything in the pool area. I step out of the shower into my flip-flops. You just don't know what's been on that floor!!
Totally agree - I am the same! Especially when I'm at college, I can't even begin to tell you how gross those floors are!

becca_

Original Poster
MK con’t:
Our first ride was Buzz!
IMG_1160.jpg

This Incredible thing.... yeah.... it looks bad in person too. I saw The Incredibles 2 though and that was really good (even if I fell asleep for some LOL)
IMG_1161.jpg

IMG_1162.jpg
IMG_1163.jpg
IMG_1164.jpg
IMG_1165.jpg
IMG_1166.jpg
IMG_1167.jpg
IMG_1169.jpg
IMG_1170.jpg

Aaannnndd I was NOT a galactic hero. For the first time in 2 trips!!! Even my Mom kicked my butt. I'll chalk it up to the trigger was broken ;)

Next - more Buzz, more losing, and more MK!

draybook

That sweet stuff looks delicious! Also, too bad we didn't get to meet you folks. We were there May 26th-June 4th. We also have APs but just got them in March on our first trip of the year. Congrats to Daniel and I'll be following the rest of this adventure. Glad you and your mom had a great time! This TR has us wanting to go back to POFQ.

slipperalwaysfits

I'm following along! You guys did a great job battling the rain! The topiaries at Epcot are incredible!! Your mom is a good sport for going on RNRC. I enjoy the ride, but I hate the launch, just a little too sudden for my taste. :banghead:o_Oo_O The boat rides from FQ down to Disney Springs are a lot of fun! Morning EMH's are fun but it's hard to consistently get up that early on vacation. You guys were smart to sleep in! I had no idea FROZEN opened with Future World! That bodes well for my trip in the fall! Lucky you for getting some mom-daughter time in! Can't wait to read what you did next!

becca_

Original Poster
That sweet stuff looks delicious! Also, too bad we didn't get to meet you folks. We were there May 26th-June 4th. We also have APs but just got them in March on our first trip of the year. Congrats to Daniel and I'll be following the rest of this adventure. Glad you and your mom had a great time! This TR has us wanting to go back to POFQ.
It was so good! Can't believe we missed you!! Maybe next time, since there's ALWAYS a next time ;)
Thank you! He actually really loves his new job. I can't wait to get back to POFQ next summer! Thanks for reading :)

I'm following along! You guys did a great job battling the rain! The topiaries at Epcot are incredible!! Your mom is a good sport for going on RNRC. I enjoy the ride, but I hate the launch, just a little too sudden for my taste. :banghead:o_Oo_O The boat rides from FQ down to Disney Springs are a lot of fun! Morning EMH's are fun but it's hard to consistently get up that early on vacation. You guys were smart to sleep in! I had no idea FROZEN opened with Future World! That bodes well for my trip in the fall! Lucky you for getting some mom-daughter time in! Can't wait to read what you did next!
The rain was slightly annoying but hey we were in Disney! She doesn't love RNRC but she will go on, LOL. Sleeping in is key sometimes!! Thank you for reading :D

becca_

Original Poster
Magic Kingdom, con't:
We did not go under the sea just yet, but it was so empty I had to snap some pictures!
IMG_1196.jpg
IMG_1197.jpg
IMG_1198.jpg
IMG_1199.jpg
IMG_1200.jpg
IMG_1201.jpg

We stopped at the bathrooms back by Gaston's (I waited for Mom outside)
IMG_1202.jpg
IMG_1203.jpg
IMG_1204.jpg

It is so interesting to see the amount of cinnamon rolls that come out of this place! I think I need to try one next time...
IMG_1205.jpg

We headed to our next destination....
Next - more MK!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom