Trip Report Did someone spit on me... or is it raining? May/June 2018

Hello and Welcome!!!

Yes friends, unfortunately (but fortunately) I am back from my 3rd and final trip of 2018... I had to make sure my annual pass went to good use ;)

This trip was amazing and I'm so glad I was able to go back... but it left me wanting MORE!!!! More time, more Disney, more park days... TAKE ME BACK, ALREADY!!!

Since I've been home I've been working 5 days a week at my job, 30 hours a week... not enjoying my summer so far. But hey, a girl has to save for her next Disney adventure!

Daniel (who is not featured in this TR) also has landed himself a big boy job for the summer - which will turn over into an internship in the fall! They've even offered to hold his position for when he graduates next spring! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: I'm so happy for him and in fact he is working his last shift at his old job right now!

Enough of the boring, real life details... I know you all want to hear about this trip! So on with the show!!

To recap ---

WHO: Myself (Becca, 20) and my mom, Lynn (older than me ;) )
WHEN: May 30th - June 3rd, 2018
WHERE: Port Orleans French Quarter
WHY: A mother-daughter adventure!

Before I start the recent photos... I just found this one from like 2010 (?) so I was like 11-12... and LOL
CIMG0217.JPG

Hollister... flip phone... disney bus ... and Pins LOL what more could you ask for?!!?
It was too good not to share!!! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

And here I am now! (except this is old too, from May 2017)
IMG_2349.jpg

So here ya go - one last photo before I start the real thing!
IMG_1179.JPG

That's more like it! :)

Ready when you are, C.B....

... Action!

becca_

Original Poster
You had me at Buffalo airport. I went to school near Buffalo (St Bonaventure) and took many flights in and out of there

I hear you on the feet thing. Always bring extra socks with me for the room. Lately I’ve noticed people taking their shoes off at movies, especially with the reclining seats. Gross I don’t want to sit where your barefoot was🤮

Your pictures are gorgeous
Wow how cool! Lots of my friends go to St. Bonaventure! Thank you :joyfull:

Enjoying your report!
Thank you!! :happy:

becca_

Original Poster
I hope I can finish this soon, school starts Monday and I am going to be busy busy busy!! :cry:

MK con't:
IMG_1410.jpg

Just a few more LOL
IMG_1411.jpg
IMG_1412.jpg

After Big Thunder, we decided to grab a snack and head to the hub since HEA was starting in a short amount of time
IMG_1413.jpg
IMG_1414.jpg

I love the story behind this tree & the details in the shutters! I read in @prfctlyximprct 's TR once that they used to hang shutters with leather which caused them to "sag" a little bit!
IMG_1415.jpg
IMG_1416.jpg

We grabbed a pretzel & some drinks - the air was so thick and still... we were already sweating!
IMG_1417.jpg
IMG_1418.jpg

While we were waiting we met this great couple who just got married and were honeymooning! So sweet :inlove:
IMG_1419.jpg

This looks so good right about now :joyfull:

Next - last bits of MK!

becca_

Original Poster
It's been a crazy 24 hours but I am officially all moved in!! I'm in an apartment this year with one of my old roommates from last year & 2 other girls. Sorry this report is taking me so long but I promise I'm almost done :joyfull: Thanks for being so patient!

MK con't:
IMG_1420.jpg
IMG_1421.jpg

And then Happily Ever after began!
IMG_1422.jpg
IMG_1423.jpg
IMG_1424.jpg
IMG_1425.jpg
IMG_1426.jpg
IMG_1427.jpg
IMG_1428.jpg
IMG_1429.jpg

Of course I cried, but it was as lovely as ever. Still continues to be my favorite night time show at WDW!!!

Next - tiny last bit of MK!

fractal

It's been a crazy 24 hours but I am officially all moved in!! I'm in an apartment this year with one of my old roommates from last year & 2 other girls. Sorry this report is taking me so long but I promise I'm almost done :joyfull: Thanks for being so patient!

MK con't:
View attachment 306018View attachment 306019
And then Happily Ever after began!
View attachment 306020View attachment 306021View attachment 306022View attachment 306023View attachment 306024View attachment 306025View attachment 306026View attachment 306027
Of course I cried, but it was as lovely as ever. Still continues to be my favorite night time show at WDW!!!

Next - tiny last bit of MK!

love those pics!

becca_

Original Poster
I knew school was going to keep me busy but I didn't know it'd be this crazy already!!

Finishing up at MK:

So I forgot we ended up going into Tomorrowland to ride the Speedway and then back to ride the Barnstormer. After that we headed into the Emporium and then we left!
G%NI2Bu0QT2ZX2JvsoQw6A.jpg
SzrgdPyBTWmp59620SUV5g.jpg
GLc6s4OVSEiXovyOsakHbw.jpg
ZDSQzV2sThKnEeN6LNoUQA.jpg
vG27QO4mQKWk4lT1NZXHqg.jpg
3HI1Ii3eSJ6N8F5cmTA90A.jpg
jvL4E7RYQH2VfOkfY3tO5g.jpg
6WBduJp1RkqKPODfRSVkzw.jpg
JrVOkZnTT0e%XRKtndpoow.jpg
4zscgsfoRvmnktdC5qj6bg.jpg

A quick bus ride back and we were home! We packed a little and then went to bed!
Next - AK for real this time ;)

becca_

Original Poster
Last day - AK:
We woke up extra early so we could try and ride FoP.
0NdVmXtxTK6bD3sBJI3V1Q.jpg
veIFDsXMTtOt5BI8hK0SyQ.jpg
h3+yzlLYSG+FxyxXCKGeOA.jpg

Filled up our mugs and headed out!
jJ1aDLtDQAuIO3iSz6VTOw.jpg
8pRN0p+wSgudpTNhpH5b+A.jpg

I wish I could be here right now!
sxHM7B%3T6GNsPqnbPrftQ.jpg
y1O2PAeMRg2qFQnhBgnGFA.jpg

While we were in line we were talking with this really nice woman who comes to Disney all the time with her nephew! She said he's getting to that age though where its "not cool". I told her I could pretend to be her nephew :hilarious:
xXj0pVsVQNKkpUuDGeyHyg.jpg
jC0TnnsMS0mdbdYB4gqUYQ.jpg
fI8SVLstTOeo291wrY8L4g.jpg

They had CMs reigning us in and preventing people from running and cutting. I was shocked at how organized this chaos really was!
Next - more AK!

becca_

Original Poster
AK Con't:
UGx20DcBTfuWBeARQrnCjA.jpg

Still so weird to me that they hand these out...
DvMPr1b3T16C8MLT6uka2g.jpg
d4WN79P+T+if3BzSiwTRSw.jpg

We actually went upstairs which I had never done before! It was super exciting... how lame of me :hilarious:

Since we did standby we hoped to see the lab for once but we didn't. Guess there's always a next time huh!
OZfR9Em2Sb6pOi+ra%33QQ.jpg

As usual it was amazing and FoP continues to be the best ride I've ever been on!
VNIZXMCKRHCV%tonDAXbmA.jpg
A8XflgOcSAiBhB5BXnApUA.jpg

Mom took a quick bathroom break and we decided to go on Navi River since the wait time wasn't that long. FoP ended up being about 30 -40 minutes from start to finish, but since the park wasn't open to everyone yet (it was an EMH morning) NRJ was only about a 15 minute wait.
Mcdnm9xGQkuEgAmUPQkrCw.jpg
NbUcGRgCS+66tE%hsFMIgw.jpg
dcwn+bx8QMiQ7Fi0T5ngsQ.jpg
KQ0Z+0eeTCaGTvozVCiGWA.jpg

Next - more AK!

becca_

Original Poster
I have good news........

I'm going back! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

QlPQg4KNTMeD1+Vds4cBuA.jpg

I'll be there with GJ March 18th-24th & my Mom will be flying down to meet us on Thursday! As of right now we are at POFQ, but we're waiting on discounts... There was talk about possibly staying at the Contemporary? :cool:

I'm so excited!!! That being said I will be renewing my AP in January :p

I'm going to try & finish this soon (I know I keep saying that LOL)

Thanks for being so patient!!! If any of you will be down there that week... let me know! GJ still talks about how cool my meet up with @Longers and @blgauger was :inlove:

blreinsel

I have good news........

I'm going back! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

View attachment 313889

I'll be there with GJ March 18th-24th & my Mom will be flying down to meet us on Thursday! As of right now we are at POFQ, but we're waiting on discounts... There was talk about possibly staying at the Contemporary? :cool:

Thanks for being so patient!!! If any of you will be down there that week... let me know! GJ still talks about how cool my meet up with @Longers and @blgauger was :inlove:

Omg she’s the CUTEST. 😍 I’m so excited you have another trip to look forward to! See you then. 😉

becca_

Original Poster
AK Con't:
7E16QWiVTK2q3+6kq2c6ng.jpg

We headed into Dinoland to to go on Dinosaur!
t9NBP7COSQ+GVXC72jKHVA.jpg

I was laughing so hard at the little hat hahahaha
kXTT%QoZSwyL6css4Hw36Q.jpg
kklnKWv2TtW9%baKTRN+lA.jpg
LyLdDUM0QzezZRTNc+k7yg.jpg
IMG_1753.JPG

When my mom saw this she was like "Why didn't you tell me you were going to pose" :hilarious: She's so funny

Next we headed back to go find something to eat!
4XPvn0w2TlGrsW9q6WcPXA.jpg
LHq7TRLORISZohyQcnb7tA.jpg
q9rbQVI7TVyx30zd8zbD8g.jpg

The line for FoP stretched back to Pizzafari.... SO glad we woke up early to rope drop it!
d6ge2XV6QMudxEswhNhCzw.jpg

Next - more AK!

Longers

I have good news........

View attachment 313889

So jealous you have something planned for March - I absolutely loved F&G - I will get back at that time of year again one day!
Your GJ was lovely as I said I would love to have done Disney with my nan but alas it was not meant to be - cherish those moments together.

And I know your busy but time to finish this report!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom