Trip Report Did someone spit on me... or is it raining? May/June 2018

Hello and Welcome!!!

Yes friends, unfortunately (but fortunately) I am back from my 3rd and final trip of 2018... I had to make sure my annual pass went to good use ;)

This trip was amazing and I'm so glad I was able to go back... but it left me wanting MORE!!!! More time, more Disney, more park days... TAKE ME BACK, ALREADY!!!

Since I've been home I've been working 5 days a week at my job, 30 hours a week... not enjoying my summer so far. But hey, a girl has to save for her next Disney adventure!

Daniel (who is not featured in this TR) also has landed himself a big boy job for the summer - which will turn over into an internship in the fall! They've even offered to hold his position for when he graduates next spring! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: I'm so happy for him and in fact he is working his last shift at his old job right now!

Enough of the boring, real life details... I know you all want to hear about this trip! So on with the show!!

To recap ---

WHO: Myself (Becca, 20) and my mom, Lynn (older than me ;) )
WHEN: May 30th - June 3rd, 2018
WHERE: Port Orleans French Quarter
WHY: A mother-daughter adventure!

Before I start the recent photos... I just found this one from like 2010 (?) so I was like 11-12... and LOL
CIMG0217.JPG

Hollister... flip phone... disney bus ... and Pins LOL what more could you ask for?!!?
It was too good not to share!!! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

And here I am now! (except this is old too, from May 2017)
IMG_2349.jpg

So here ya go - one last photo before I start the real thing!
IMG_1179.JPG

That's more like it! :)

Ready when you are, C.B....

... Action!

becca_

Original Poster
That video is so cool!! It's so neat that you got to see that. I don't think I've ever seen a giraffe walk let alone run!!
Thank you!! I was definitely shocked to see it!
Giraffes running video was very interesting. I've never seen them run before. So it's up to 35 mph for short distances and 10 mph for longer distances. Never knew this! :)
I was so excited, nothing cool ever happens on my safaris :joyfull:
Great TR loved all your pictures. DW and I will be going the first of May and staying at the POFQ can't wait
Thanks!! POFQ is amazing, you guys will have so much fun!
One day when I was on the safari one of the young ones was SPRINTING all over the place. 😂 It was hilarious! She just kept going back and forth and our driver sat there for awhile so we could watch. It was awesome!
Omg :hilarious: Thats too cute
Great Safari Pics and Video! Loving the TR!!
Thank you!! :cool:

becca_

Original Poster
I'm finally back! I passed my other exam with another 89. Nursing school is kinda kicking my butt... however I love it so much more than the past two years of undergrad where I had to take a bunch of pre-reqs. I have to participate in a flu clinic next week and I am SO excited to stab some people with needles! ;)

AK con't:
IMG_1586.jpg

The elephants finally decided to come out for us!
IMG_1587.jpg
IMG_1588.jpg
IMG_1589.jpg

Rhino relaxing, which I also had never seen before!
IMG_1590.jpg

Cheetah out and about, again I have never seen them like this! Only sleeping in the shade, lol
IMG_1591.jpg

Then we had to pause for a little while some fluffy friends blocked the road

Then he/she walked right past the truck! It was super cool.
IMG_1592.jpg
IMG_1593.jpg
IMG_1595.jpg
IMG_1596.jpg

The lions were just relaxing today! When GJ and I went (I think...) we heard the lions roar and it was pretty stinking cool.

Next - more AK!

mlegerto

I am SO excited to stab some people with needles! ;)

As someone who is terrified of needles, this comment ... LOL. Great to know how you really feel - just joking, I get how exciting it must be to be moving forward in your nursing studies/career! Congrats on the exam marks, not and easy feat but you seem to be rocking it!

MeeskaMooska0714

Oh also update -

Daniel and I (it was all me) booked our flight for our trip in May! The dates haven't opened to our return day and won't until November but that's fine by me :joyfull:

We're leaving 5/31 at 5:15am :oops: and landing in FL at 7:45! I love the earliest flight so I was happy to see it was only $97! :joyfull:
When are you leaving again?? We may catch you if I can convince Tim to let me book our trip! :happy:

Minnesota disney fan

Oh you can't wait to stab some people with needles, LOL! Hilarious:) My first injection was my sister in laws cat for it's shots. I was so nervous, but the cat lived LOL. I remember that the first semester or 2 of nursing classes, the instructors tried to pile a lot on us and work us to death to see who REALLY wanted to stick with it and be a nurse. We lost 1/2 of our class of 21 in that time! It's not easy, but if you love it, it is a great profession.

becca_

Original Poster
As someone who is terrified of needles, this comment ... LOL. Great to know how you really feel - just joking, I get how exciting it must be to be moving forward in your nursing studies/career! Congrats on the exam marks, not and easy feat but you seem to be rocking it!
LOL, I was totally kidding! But it does feel good to know you can use those skills in a more practical setting than just on mannequins in a lab! Thank you! :joyfull:
When are you leaving again?? We may catch you if I can convince Tim to let me book our trip! :happy:
I'll be there March 18-24th and May 31-June 9th!
Congratulations on your exams :)
Thank you! :cool:
Oh you can't wait to stab some people with needles, LOL! Hilarious:) My first injection was my sister in laws cat for it's shots. I was so nervous, but the cat lived LOL. I remember that the first semester or 2 of nursing classes, the instructors tried to pile a lot on us and work us to death to see who REALLY wanted to stick with it and be a nurse. We lost 1/2 of our class of 21 in that time! It's not easy, but if you love it, it is a great profession.
Hahah how funny! We did ours on "skin" pads which were basically foam with fake skin over it and then again on mannequins. They said we're not allowed to use each other anymore because of new rules and such. How crazy you lost half the class! I've heard my school averages about 1-3 lost this semester out of 72. But I passed my exams so that won't be me ;)
Congrats on the exams!
Thank you!! :joyfull:

becca_

Original Poster
AK Con't:
After conquering the yeti, we decided to grab some lunch
IMG_1618.jpg
IMG_1619.jpg
IMG_1620.jpg
IMG_1621.jpg
IMG_1622.jpg

Pizzafari was the lunch of choice today - I will not pass up the opportunity to eat this pizza!
Then we headed over to catch The Festival of The Lion King!
IMG_1623.jpg
IMG_1624.jpg
IMG_1625.jpg
IMG_1626.jpg

I love the decor in AK so much, I know I've said that before but it just makes it so dang authentic!
IMG_1627.jpg

We sat in the last row so we could put our backs up against the wall/divider/thing :joyfull:

Next - more AK!

becca_

Original Poster
AK Con't:
IMG_1628.jpg
IMG_1629.jpg

It was such a great show, as per usual! I can't wait to go see this with Daniel since we weren't able to go last January
IMG_1630.jpg

It was pretty hot so we headed toward the exit to get some pool time in.
IMG_1631.jpg
IMG_1632.jpg
IMG_1633.jpg
IMG_1634.jpg

First we stopped in a store where I grabbed a fan/ny pack and a tank top. I love that fan/ny pack! I'm so glad they're back in style LOL
IMG_1635.jpg
IMG_1636.jpg
IMG_1637.jpg

Goodbye, AK!

becca_

Original Poster
Totally did not mean to leave you guys hanging for almost a month... but ya know... School and stuff :hilarious:

I started clinical which has been super fun but also challenging! I've gotten to do some really cool stuff. I also had some exams, one of which I got a 100 on (not to brag or anything) ;)

Anyway I'm kinda-sorta-back for a little bit before finals begin! :joyfull:

becca_

Original Poster
AK con't:
We grabbed a few photopass pictures while we were waiting for our FP time to begin.
IMG_1755.JPG
IMG_1756.JPG

They actually turned out super cute!
A few more pictures of Pandora as if you haven't already seen 100000 from this TR alone ;)
IMG_1655.jpg

IMG_1656.jpg
IMG_1657.jpg
IMG_1658.jpg

These guys wouldn't spit any water at us which would have felt so good since it was 1000 degrees outside..
IMG_1659.jpg

We hopped in line since it was finally our time to tap in!
IMG_1660.jpg
IMG_1661.jpg
IMG_1662.jpg

Next up: more AK!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom