Did I Really Just See That.....in Disney World?????

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
I'll share my story. My DW and I were walking in Epcot heading toward the Land Pavillion. A very hefty gentleman was walking toward us. As he approaches, he uses his finger to hold one of his nostrils closed and proceeds to blow a meteorite-sized chunck of booger out of his other nostril. :eek:

I was so shocked that before I could stop myself, I let out a big "Ewwwwwwwww". Well, he looked right at me and wiped his hand across his nose and wiped it on his pants and kept on walking.

My wife and I looked at each other and just started laughing. Now, everytime we walk in that general area, we shout "incoming!" at one another.

OH MY GOD! I just spit Coke all over my desk...and I'M AT WORK! Curse you, curse you all... haha

"a Meteorite-sized chunk..." NOW that's funny!
And yes..a little gross! Ok a lot gross!

Elonwy

When i was in dl tons of people hit me with theier strollers and didnt say anything i looked at them rudely and still nothing

Believe me, I feel your pain. I have a scar on my leg from one idiot with a stroller. A constant reminder from Disney (not the souvenir I was hoping for though) :rolleyes:

Testtrack321

At the OKW this past year my friend and I were walking to the bus station to go to MK, and a mom, dad, and 2 year old girl walk by. The 2 year old then proceeds to remove the towel she is wearing to reveal that she infact has nothing on, which we just have to ignore and kinda laugh at when they pass. Of course the parents were trying to teach her that public nudity is not ok, etc, etc.

SANDKRUSER

My son and I were on our way back to AS Movies from EPCOT. Waiting in line for the bus. There's a couple of older women (grandmotherly types) waiting at the end of the line. Everyone that gets in line - they motion them by. So the bus comes and we get on and the two ladies get on and one had had an accident in her pants. The whole back of her pants was full of poo and running down. I felt really, really bad for her. It looked like she had tried to clean it up some. But within a very short time (about a minute) everyone on the bus was gagging from the smell. Then someone towards the back threw up:hurl: which made everyone else gag more. Thank goodness the bus wasn't that full - everyone was seated. It was the longest bus ride I ever had. And, OF COURSE, we're on the "All Star" bus, so music gets off first (little ladies still on the bus), Sports - nope, still on the bus. When everyone bolted off the bus at Movies, I noticed the bus driver seemed oblivious to what was going on - so I stopped at the front and said he may need to get the bus in to get cleaned - he kind of looked at me weird and asked why - I told him one of the seats was full of poo and another had vomit all over it. He was going to let people on to go back to EPCOT!

I'll take packed buses and standing up trying to keep your feet at midnight any day rather than go through that again.

Elonwy

I was in line for the monorail to MK at the Polynesian and a family in front of us was having a little argument. From what I could tell, the daughter (probably around 5 years old) didn't eat her whole breakfast and wanted a snack when she got to the park. Her parents said she was getting nothing until lunch, which is fine but it got strange after that.

The mother grabbed the girl by the shoulders and told her that if she whined one more time about food she wasn't going to Disney at all today.

Then the monorail came just as the girl said, "But I'm hungry" so the family (Dad and the 2 boys) got on the monorail and the mother told the little girl to stand next to the railiing at the monorail stop. Then the mother got on the monorail and left her there!!! :eek:

The CM came running over to her and I could see him on his radio...we were in a car much farther back than the family. When we got to MK I ran off the monorail and told the nearest cast member that a family left their child behind, she said she already knew and they were taking care of it and I saw the family and two cast members in the front car (not the driver one but behind it) so I assume they were making them go back to the Polynesian and get their child

WildLodgeFan

I was in line for the monorail to MK at the Polynesian and a family in front of us was having a little argument. From what I could tell, the daughter (probably around 5 years old) didn't eat her whole breakfast and wanted a snack when she got to the park. Her parents said she was getting nothing until lunch, which is fine but it got strange after that.

The mother grabbed the girl by the shoulders and told her that if she whined one more time about food she wasn't going to Disney at all today.

Then the monorail came just as the girl said, "But I'm hungry" so the family (Dad and the 2 boys) got on the monorail and the mother told the little girl to stand next to the railiing at the monorail stop. Then the mother got on the monorail and left her there!!! :eek:

The CM came running over to her and I could see him on his radio...we were in a car much farther back than the family. When we got to MK I ran off the monorail and told the nearest cast member that a family left their child behind, she said she already knew and they were taking care of it and I saw the family and two cast members in the front car (not the driver one but behind it) so I assume they were making them go back to the Polynesian and get their child

That's absolutely crazy!?! I could see taking her back to the room and the Dad & 2 boys continuing on without them, but to leave her there by herself - for the love of noodles! :p

JDM

i have to saying being British and European i am amazed at how prudish it is in America for the ladies and gents rest rooms my wife has dived into the mens rooms many times when she has needed to go and there has been a huge que for the ladies. She never felt ashamed and quiet often would tell the other ladies to save them selves the embarrassment as we are all human at the end of the days and we all have to go.
I just loved the looks on some ladies faces saying well !!!!!

It makes me laugh so much when this happens.:ROFLOL:

It's not prudish, it's inappropriate.
Reverse the situation and have a guy run into the ladies room for a quick tinkle in the sink....then you'll see why it's considered rude here (and most everywhere).

Scott951

Original Poster

That is absolutely insane. Sounds like it could be the same family I saw with the belt whipping incident.

JDM

At the OKW this past year my friend and I were walking to the bus station to go to MK, and a mom, dad, and 2 year old girl walk by. The 2 year old then proceeds to remove the towel she is wearing to reveal that she infact has nothing on, which we just have to ignore and kinda laugh at when they pass. Of course the parents were trying to teach her that public nudity is not ok, etc, etc.

Probably a better way to teach that would be to put actual clothes on the child....but what do I know?

:)

JDM

That is absolutely insane. Sounds like it could be the same family I saw with the belt whipping incident.

(yes, I know....three posts in this thread....)

I heard a quote on TV one time that has always stayed with me and seems appropriate here: "White Trash is the one natural resource this country will never run out of!"

Philo

That is absolutly disgusting

brich

It's not prudish, it's inappropriate.
Reverse the situation and have a guy run into the ladies room for a quick tinkle in the sink....then you'll see why it's considered rude here (and most everywhere).

Wait! Did Metman's wife really tinkle in the sink in the men's room???:eek:

If there are stalls to provide privacy, what is really the big deal? Funny, I was just in the local Old Navy and walked into the dressing area with a complete stranger. She went into door number 1 and I into door number 2. We both tried on clothes in dressing rooms right next to each other!! Oh my God!! :shrug:

Not to get into a debate here but I find it really funny how uptight we American's can get out of the silliest things. :cool:

Philo

I saw a kid squat behind a trash can and take a dump while his parents looked on lovingly once. True story.
A friend of mine used to work in a large highstreet store in a pretty rough area. Parents used to take their kids into the changing rooms to leave little presents because the toilets were too far away.

JDM

If there are stalls to provide privacy, what is really the big deal? Funny, I was just in the local Old Navy and walked into the dressing area with a complete stranger. She went into door number 1 and I into door number 2. We both tried on clothes in dressing rooms right next to each other!! Oh my God!! :shrug:

Not to get into a debate here but I find it really funny how uptight we American's can get out of the silliest things. :cool:

Yeah.....you're right. Americans are the problem. Let's adopt 'foreign' standards for everything. Public urination (etc)......walking around nude everywhere.....child .......arranged marriages for 12-year olds.....lack of basic human hygiene........
Good times!

Jungle Skipper

Back when Kona Cafe was The Coral Isle Cafe, my cousin and I ate there for dinner before heading back to the MK. I had the Passion Fruit Ribs.

Turns out, I'm allergic to Passion Fruit. Ended up doing a whirlwind tour of EVERY SINGLE mens room at the MK!

This inspired the two of us to develop a list of the best bathrooms at WDW...we've expanded it to include all 4 parks, DTD, the Contemporary, Poly, WL, and Pop Century.

What can I say, we find some kind of joy in this now. My wife says we should write a book called "Bathrooms around the World: An insiders guide to the best (and worst) of WDW bathrooms."

I think that is an awesome ideas personally.

As for more :eek: moments that I've seen other people do at WDW...well, there are too many to list. As a CM on Main Street and in the Jungle, I've seen more than my fair share of excitement. My favorite was getting slugged by an angry father while doing parade duty -- I asked him to move away from the construction on centre street (he was blocking traffic) -- he called me a "dolphin f#$%er" (whatever that means) then socked me in the face. Broke my glasses and knocked me out cold -- I apparently went down like a wet towel. What can I say, I'm a wuss!

Cheers,
Josh

PhilharMagician

OMG how irresponsible! I will say that kids make you want to do that some times, but as a parent it is your resposibility to raise and protect you child.

Elonwy

oddly enough I've been to 3 unisex bathrooms in my life and all 3 were in the US. You just line up at any door you want, there a boy/girl holding hands on each door and one of them didn't have doors on the stalls :eek: so we went in teams of 3 or 4 and had one person in the stall while the others formed a human shield

PhilharMagician

Yeah.....you're right. Americans are the problem. Let's adopt 'foreign' standards for everything. Public urination (etc)......walking around nude everywhere.....child .......arranged marriages for 12-year olds.....lack of basic human hygiene........
Good times!
:confused: :brick:

brich

Good times!

Did I say American's are the problem? Please don't project that you represent what an American is please. As you're projecting arrogance, ignorance and intolerance.

And please don't insinuate that I'm making a stance that public urination, child and arranged marriages for 12 year olds are acceptable.
Before you continue making petty speculations and putting words in peoples posts, step back and be a little more accepting on people and cultures that aren't hung up on the human body as only sexual and people's desire to not put chemicals under one's arms so YOU don't have to smell the natural aroma of humans as a being anything less than what you deem respectful.

Again, not trying to drift or debate here but the soap boxes around here getting freaking big at times... :rolleyes:

Philo

oddly enough I've been to 3 unisex bathrooms in my life and all 3 were in the US. You just line up at any door you want, there a boy/girl holding hands on each door and one of them didn't have doors on the stalls :eek: so we went in teams of 3 or 4 and had one person in the stall while the others formed a human shield
I've seen some toilet cubicals known as two-bicals. basically, one cubical, two toilets. The idea is that you can keep chatting to your friends without having a wall between you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom