Did I Really Just See That.....in Disney World?????

LdyApxr

I agree. I don't mind corporeal punishment, I used it raising my kids, but never in anger.... And never in public. That shames the kid and hurts it's self image. Not to mention making everyone else uncomfortable.

I agree too but my sons were also very aware that I had no problem with taking them into a bathroom to make a point. All it would take was a simple "Do we need to go to the bathroom?" and all shenanigans would stop. My husband was sure that it would frighten our son(my older son was 9 when my second son was born) into refusing to use a public bathroom but then he also found it very effective once he realized(he was a 48yr old bachelor with no children and no experience being around children, I was a 33yr old single mom who had a dozen nieces and nephews and had babysat since I was 12 LOL)

mergatroid

Saw a guy being restrained on the floor after he attacked a number of people near club cool in Epcot with a pvc pipe. We had just arrived and heard a noise ahead before seeing this guy being pinned to the floor whilst some guests were yelling at him.

Here's the thread if you care to read it however a fairly large part of the start is people doubting me till it hits the news and I'm vindicated.

CaptainShortty

Working at the World for as long as I have nothing really surprises me anymore. But, one of my favorite "you've got to be kidding me" moments was when I saw a lady tweezing her daughters eyebrows at the table at Studio Catering Company...

Never a dull moment at WDW...

Maelstrom Troll

An odd thing that happened to us this past trip was on our first day to Epcot this past November. We were near the Mitsukoshi store in Japan, sitting near the lagoon eating Kakigori when over the speaker system was broadcast a very personal conversation between two male CM's. It must have gone on for about 10 minutes and included one man complimenting the other's looks, plenty of inappropriate language, and some errr embarrassing details. I still can't believe it happened to this day.

Nick Wilde

An odd thing that happened to us this past trip was on our first day to Epcot this past November. We were near the Mitsukoshi store in Japan, sitting near the lagoon eating Kakigori when over the speaker system was broadcast a very personal conversation between two male CM's. It must have gone on for about 10 minutes and included one man complimenting the other's looks, plenty of inappropriate language, and some errr embarrassing details. I still can't believe it happened to this day.
Sounds like something straight out of a sitcom. That's hilarious.

Red Sox

I was at EPCOT World Showcase this past Saturday evening (7/18/2015) and was completely appalled by the amount of open and obnoxious drunkeness. It was horrible. I witnessed a man so drunk he literally fell on his rear end while standing at a beer cart loading up on some more suds. There were groups of loud and clearly inebriated partiers in most of the countries and several had lovely and colorful language on full display. Not what I was looking for on a family vacation. Is this mostly locals that louse the place up on weekends? We went a couple days prior on a weekday and everything was much more in-line with what I expect from a Disney theme park.

MickeyMomV

Full on fist fight over a table in Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café!!! One guy put his resort mug and a sweatshirt on a table to "hold it" while he and the family ordered food. Another guy walked over with his family and assumed somebody forgot their mug and shirt and sat down to eat. The table was along the ramp so after shouting for a minute or two the first guy punched the second guy over the ramp wall and the second guy climbed over the wall and they started wrestling around on the floor. There was a little old male cast member that stood there holding a stack of trays in shock. It took about 45 seconds before 5 or 6 members of security rushed in and took them "away".

Mickey_777

I once saw what I'm 99% sure was an underage young woman drunk and raving without glow-sticks in WS between France and Morocco. Granted it was the middle of day so glow-sticks wouldn't have made any sense duh.

Arthur Wellesley

Four words: Adult Jungle Cruise Jokes.

Yes, this actually was a thing. A thing not known by too many, and only in rare circumstances would someone have the opportunity to witness it. Seth MacFarlane himself couldn't write more hilariously offensive jokes than those skippers. If ever you get the rare opportunity to witness this in person (which I can guarantee will never happen during daytime hours or when children are present), you will understand. ;)
I've only experienced this bit of side-splitting genius once, and it's been nearly a decade since, so this may not still be an ongoing phenomenon.

lostpro9het

At last night's DVC Beach Bash I witnessed the unbelievable: A women breastfeeding feeding her infant while in a tube floating around the lazy river!!

Just PM me the the details on collecting my award for seeing the most ridiculous act at Disney.

Edit: not an infant, the kid was probably 2!

Last edited:

Nick Wilde

At last night's DVC Beach Bash I witnessed the unbelievable: A women breastfeeding feeding her infant while in a tube floating around the lazy river!!

Just PM me the the details on collecting my award for seeing the most ridiculous act at Disney.

Edit: not an infant, the kid was probably 2!
Uh oh. Did you read the whole thread? There was a big argument which took up several pages about whether public breast feeding was appropriate or not. It almost locked the thread.

kbmum

My family and I went to the Top of the World last summer to have some appetizers and drinks while waiting for the Independence Day fireworks that run on July 3. We went a bit early, so it wasn't too crowded. I watched in amazement as a family sat down at a table with pizzas from a local pizza shop, 2-liter bottles of soda from Hess, and another large bag. EVERYONE was staring at them. A waiter went over, but while they didn't order anything, they expected him to bring water, cups, and napkins.

I later asked the waiter about the situation. He said no one is allowed to bring food into TOTW or even order from the Contemporary's dine-in menu, but CMs were not allowed to stop people who brought in food. He was in a bad position because another family wanted to order pizza from dine-in, but he told them they couldn't. At least they were nice about it.

To top it all off, after they finished eating, they took their bags and went to the observation deck to get ready for the fireworks. Once again, I watched them in amazement. They pulled a six-seat sports bench out of the bag and set it up, taking up a good chunk of real estate on the deck, plus set up the camera and tripod. No one knew if they were even staying at Bay Lake Tower, since sometimes there are ways to sneak in. I just had to take a picture of it, but I blocked out the one face so they can't be identified.

TOTW.jpg

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

My family and I went to the Top of the World last summer to have some appetizers and drinks while waiting for the Independence Day fireworks that run on July 3. We went a bit early, so it wasn't too crowded. I watched in amazement as a family sat down at a table with pizzas from a local pizza shop, 2-liter bottles of soda from Hess, and another large bag. EVERYONE was staring at them. A waiter went over, but while they didn't order anything, they expected him to bring water, cups, and napkins.

I later asked the waiter about the situation. He said no one is allowed to bring food into TOTW or even order from the Contemporary's dine-in menu, but CMs were not allowed to stop people who brought in food. He was in a bad position because another family wanted to order pizza from dine-in, but he told them they couldn't. At least they were nice about it.

To top it all off, after they finished eating, they took their bags and went to the observation deck to get ready for the fireworks. Once again, I watched them in amazement. They pulled a six-seat sports bench out of the bag and set it up, taking up a good chunk of real estate on the deck, plus set up the camera and tripod. No one knew if they were even staying at Bay Lake Tower, since sometimes there are ways to sneak in. I just had to take a picture of it, but I blocked out the one face so they can't be identified.

View attachment 102731
If Disney doesn't have the courage and concern for other "paying" dining folks, then I hope this starts a new trend. I hate it when they will ignore the paying customer so as not to offend the freeloaders. What that is can be defined as is anti-magic. They will get what they deserve.

Last edited:
Back maybe in 2008 we were visiting the magic kingdom, waiting to take pictures next to the Walt and Mickey statue out front of the castle.
While standing around waiting our turn a young kid (probably 6 or 7 years old) came walking up to the fence that was around the statue. He looked to his left and right to see if anyone was looking, and proceeded to pee over the railing and into the grass around the Walt and Mickey statue.
My whole family was in tears laughing and wondering where this kids parents were. After he was done, he zipped up his pants and walked away with a smile of relief. It was one of the funniest things we had ever seen in Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom