Did I deserve to get yelled at?

magicmom4

It's only an inappropriate comment because of where you were. You were a 16yo guy just having fun at the parks, but these little girls are having a real magical experience meeting a character they adore. I think the mom just didn't want that experience tainted. It's a funny joke, just try and remember who the experience was meant for.

KBLovedDisney

Might be the translation to the UK, but maybe she snapped at your because your joke sucks
giphy.gif

Matt_Black

It's only an inappropriate comment because of where you were. You were a 16yo guy just having fun at the parks, but these little girls are having a real magical experience meeting a character they adore. I think the mom just didn't want that experience tainted. It's a funny joke, just try and remember who the experience was meant for.

The Magic Kingdom is meant for everyone. Says on the dedication plaque.

The Empress Lilly

Ah, the sourpuss brigade found its way to this thread.

Personally, what I find offensive are people harassing a sixteen year old boy. Who does this woman thinks she is to berate this group of kids?

You do not need to be a five year old girl or her warrior-parent to be allowed into a Disney attraction. And every audience member has a right to enjoy an attraction in his or her way without harassment from others as long as it doesn't disturb normal enjoyment of other guests.

Last edited:

Megamazing

In the Parks
Yes

Personally, what I find offensive are people harassing a sixteen year old boy. Who does this woman thinks she is to harass a group of kids?

You do not need to be a five year old girl or her warrior-parent to be allowed into a Disney attraction. And every audience member has a right to enjoy an attraction in his or her way without harassment from others as long as it doesn't disturb normal enjoyment of other guests.
I was going to say the SAME thing about the sour pusses.

magicmom4

Personally, what I find offensive are people harassing a sixteen year old boy. Who does this woman thinks she is to berate this group of kids?

You nailed it right there.

magicmom4

The Magic Kingdom is meant for everyone. Says on the dedication plaque.
Of course it is! The poster asked why he was yelled at. I was explaining why. He was a 16yo guy acting like a 16yo guy in a place where you wouldn't expect to find that. Of course the woman overreacted, just put yourself in her shoes.

nickys

Premium Member

How was the joke in any way tainting the experience? And at what age are you not allowed to have fun at a Disney park? If I have a chuckle at HM as I go past the photo in tha attic, or count the mini drops on Splash and say "ohhh, getting close to the big one" to DS, is that "tainting the experience"?

Disney is for the whole family, not just little girls. In any case a 5 year old is unlikely to understand the joke anyway.

Megamazing

In the Parks
Yes
Of course it is! The poster asked why he was yelled at. I was explaining why. He was a 16yo guy acting like a 16yo guy in a place where you wouldn't expect to find that. Of course the woman overreacted, just put yourself in her shoes.
I’m just wondering why you wouldn’t expect a 16 year old to act like a teen at Disney? A Disney Park is exactly where you would expect it...adults act like kids there, why can’t teens act their age?

magicmom4

Disney is most definitely for the whole family. That doesn't mean every experience or ride is designed for everyone. They didn't make Mission Space with a toddler in mind, or Disney Junior Live! for teenagers. The whole point, though, is to be respectful.

magicmom4

I’m just wondering why you wouldn’t expect a 16 year old to act like a teen at Disney? A Disney Park is exactly where you would expect it...adults act like kids there, why can’t teens act their age?
I do expect it! And he was acting like one. And the mom who yelled figured why would a 16yo boy even be at that experience? He knows why and he got called out for it.

NelleBelle

I do expect it! And he was acting like one. And the mom who yelled figured why would a 16yo boy even be at that experience? He knows why and he got called out for it.
So 16yo boys shouldn't be at this "experience"? I must be pretty dense because I don't understand why he should understand why he shouldn't be there and why he got called out for his joke.

nickys

Premium Member

Whoa. Judgemental much?

My youngest is 18 now. His favourite ride is Tomorrowland Speedway. That's really the most excitement / thrill feeling he can cope with, he doesn't like drops, going backwards or anything where his senses go into overload. He spends his time in MK doing stuff like Small World, Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Jungle Cruise and Buzz on his own. He's quite happy doing that and playing SOTMK. He can cope with POTC and HM if he's with someone else. But according to you, he shouldn't be on these rides because they weren't designed for him? He can't go and have fun because you think he shouldn't be at those experiences?

magicmom4

Whoa. Judgemental much?

My youngest is 18 now. His favourite ride is Tomorrowland Speedway. That's really the most excitement / thrill feeling he can cope with, he doesn't like drops, going backwards or anything where his senses go into overload. He spends his time in MK doing stuff like Small World, Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Jungle Cruise and Buzz on his own. He's quite happy doing that and playing SOTMK. He can cope with POTC and HM if he's with someone else. But according to you, he shouldn't be on these rides because they weren't designed for him? He can't go and have fun because you think he shouldn't be at those experiences?
You didn't post the question. The poster asked why he got yelled at, I offered an explanation. Get over it already.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom