Did I deserve to get yelled at?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
In the olden days, dinner was served at noon and supper was the meal you had in the evening after a long day in the fields. And supper was a lighter meal than dinner.

nickys

Premium Member
Now don't get all upset by a word. Supper - Dinner- Lunch- Brunch-Breakfast are just differences in how areas in the world describe food times. I had a X-BIL that was from a pure trash family that always made a loud point of saying things like... I'll bet they even eat Fried Egg Sandwiches and then laugh his head off about his clever wit and sophistication. When his wife and myself were kids we had Fried Egg Sandwiches often. I don't know why our mother decided to make them, but, we loved them or at least I did, I never asked my sister. That used to make me angry until I remembered who said it, and then it just made me laugh.

Who said I was upset?! Just surprised it was being categorised along with "thine". Thought maybe it was another "across the pond" thing... :)

The Empress Lilly

This event was from around 3 years ago however I always have it stuck in my head and think about it from time to time.

I was with a group of friends and were were around 16 at the time. We were in line at Enchanted Tales with Belle late one night and we just got inside her cottage. My friend made a comment saying how it’s so cool to be inside her home. I then said, “Yeah I just hope her father knows we’re here or this is considered breaking and entering”.

After I said that I had a mom turn around and said that my humor was completely inappropriate for the park and I should be ashamed.

I get that we were in fantasyland but it’s 10:30 at night on a Friday and my joke had no foul language or anything. Did I deserve to get snapped at by this woman?
Huh? That's a completely inoffensive little joke.

I assume she mistook it for remarks with sexual undertones? Meh. Her mind then, not yours.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Now don't get all upset by a word. Supper - Dinner- Lunch- Brunch-Breakfast are just differences in how areas in the world describe food times. I had a X-BIL that was from a pure trash family that always made a loud point of saying things like... I'll bet they even eat Fried Egg Sandwiches and then laugh his head off about his clever wit and sophistication. When his wife and myself were kids we had Fried Egg Sandwiches often. I don't know why our mother decided to make them, but, we loved them or at least I did, I never asked my sister. That used to make me angry until I remembered who said it, and then it just made me laugh.
I eat fried egg sandwiches. Of course, I add 2 sausage patties and a slice of cheese, but it's still a fried egg sandwich.

Damon7777

......nothing wrong with your comment.

But, is there any possibility that the mom thought you said something different, something more legitimately vile and out of line? People mishear, mispronounce, misspeak miscommunicate quite often.

NelleBelle

But, is there any possibility that the mom thought you said something different, something more legitimately vile and out of line? People mishear, mispronounce, misspeak miscommunicate quite often.
Which is why she should've been minding her own business! She's in the wrong for eavesdropping on YOUR conversation!

Damon7777

But the post creator did not tell us how loud(unless I missed that somewhere)the "breaking and entering" comment was delivered nor a more exact distance from the mom . Thus, we don't know if the mom eavesdropped or not.

I was in line at Indiana Jones Disneyland and a group of 3 young female adults were talking about the "size" of some guy and laughing and joking about it.....it went on for about 2 minutes---at least loud enough for me to hear it for 2 minutes. I was not their immediate queuing neighbor as I was separated by a couple......so I was close to the 3 girls but not right up behind them. No big deal to me that I over heard them but it did make for a more interesting wait.

Last edited:

KBLovedDisney

Did you deserve to get yelled at? Nope. Was it appropriate on your part to say such a joke?...

My argument here is that there are a LOTTTT of inappropriate things shown to kids Every. Single. Day. Look at cartoons for example.

There are many adult jokes that kids don't get....and nobody cares because both kids and adults get to enjoy the shows. The kids are too young to get the adult stuff but we all get to laugh.

That woman who turned around at you and lectured you, well...she sounds like she doesn't do happy. (And not to mention just sounds like she is just boasting her 'entitlement' at you.)

Goofyernmost

And you left out that they also have a mistaken opinion that anyone gives a rats behind about what they think. They were mislead into thinking that it is there job to correct everyone and have them march in a mis-step behind whatever way they think things should be. It is their mission!

yensid67

To add on to the story. Once we were in the final room her daughter didn’t get a part but the mom told her daughter to go up and ask for photo anyways. She then turned to one of my friends and said, “If I’m spending money at this place I’m not letting any of it go to waste”. Sounds like a mom who wanted a picture perfect trip.

...and I bet they were the family that thought they were entitled to special treatment! rom what you're posting, most parents who act that way feel they are entitled to special treatment because they are spending a lot of money to make their child happy....which gives the child a false sense of happiness. What happens when their child is unhappy again? Take them to the happiest place on earth and feel entitled because they spent money!? People like this P*SS me off! I think people who act like this at a character attraction is only out for their own glory...to go home and have the perfect picture with Belle and MAKE UP a story to go along with the picture that PROVES her daughter is so special, Belle is her best friend! Geez! My advice to you or anyone else is to....LET IT GO, LET IT GO...CAN'T HOLD IT BACK ANYMORE....LET IT GO, LET IT GO....TURN AROUND AND SLAM THE DOOR. I DON'T CARE WHAT THEIR GOING TO SAY. LET THE STORMS RAGE ON....THE COLD NEVER BOTHERED ME ANYWAYS!

Jedi Stitch

Don't beat yourself up over it, but just remember two things: What you find humerus, isn't always funny to the other person next to you. Two, it is Fantasy land the epicenter of the smaller children in the park, so the sensitivity meter is higher. Just chalk it up as a good life experience to enrich us as better people. Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you up to.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
What you find humerus, isn't always funny to the other person next to you.
I find THIS pretty humerus...
humerus_anatomy.png

MrConbon

Original Poster
But the post creator did not tell us how loud(unless I missed that somewhere)the "breaking and entering" comment was delivered nor a more exact distance from the mom . Thus, we don't know if the mom eavesdropped or not.

I was in line at Indiana Jones Disneyland and a group of 3 young female adults were talking about the "size" of some guy and laughing and joking about it.....it went on for about 2 minutes---at least loud enough for me to hear it for 2 minutes. I was not their immediate queuing neighbor as I was separated by a couple......so I was close to the 3 girls but not right up behind them. No big deal to me that I over heard them but it did make for a more interesting wait.

I said it in a moderate speaking voice. It wasn’t overly loud or anything. It was at that point where you are be shuffled into the room with the magic mirror. She was right in front of my group.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom