Did I deserve to get yelled at?

The Empress Lilly

My Disney Experience app says Enchanted Tales with Belle is an "All Ages" attraction. Someone had better email them and tell them it's meant for little ones only!
Disney's Magic Kingdom was built by fifty-something old men to live out their childhood fantasies. Not the five year old girl, but the fifty year old man is by and for whom this park was built.

Walt, Khruschev, Nehru, Nixon, all the world's leaders wanted to meet Mickey and ride the rides.

disney_and_nehru_700.jpg__600x338_q85_crop_subsampling-2_upscale.jpg

^^ Walt entertaining India's prime-minister.

Admittedly, the modern infantilisation and toddlerfication of the MK (Embarrassing Fails with Belle for example) means that, eventually, you would attract an audience of toddlers and infantiles indeed.

Phineas

I could think of some other words to describe her but not in Fantasyland.
Same here: they'd have to rebuild Pleasure Island for my thoughts on this woman to begin to be appropriate given the setting, and even then.

But this sounds perfectly, completely innocent. Try and put it aside-people like this just aren't worth it. Better said than done, I know.

Matty H

Lol that's nothing. One night I was walking out of Space Ranger Spin and this man grabs me and is yelling and cursing at me right in my face and is accusing me knocking his young son over and walking on top of him and I look around and there's not many people around and there isn't even any little boys in the area so I kept on walking ignoring him until he gave up. I think I would have felt ploughing in to a child like he was describing. I think he was deranged or something. Every time I exit that ride I always think about it.

But anyway, Enchanted Tales opened in 2012, you say you were 16, your profile says you're 32, your picture doesn't look like a 32 year old. Something isn't adding up here ;)

WOW! You should have started yelling that you were being attacked. See what a few cast members would decide when they find this guy basically assaulting you.

KBLovedDisney

Before this discussion gets any more off the hinges than it already is, may I point out the irony that the individual here was scolded for making a remark about breaking & entering, when the mother who provided said scolding was taking her child to an attraction based on a story which had most of it's major plot points derive from breaking & entering?
View attachment 238679
View attachment 238680
View attachment 238681
tumblr_n5hsnyI4KJ1s2wio8o1_400.gif

If his comments were so offensive to her & her child's experience, she'd better steer clear of the movie(s) themselves.
Seriously can't look at that last gif without humming the song in my head...

MAGICFLOP

This event was from around 3 years ago however I always have it stuck in my head and think about it from time to time.

I was with a group of friends and were were around 16 at the time. We were in line at Enchanted Tales with Belle late one night and we just got inside her cottage. My friend made a comment saying how it’s so cool to be inside her home. I then said, “Yeah I just hope her father knows we’re here or this is considered breaking and entering”.

After I said that I had a mom turn around and said that my humor was completely inappropriate for the park and I should be ashamed.

I get that we were in fantasyland but it’s 10:30 at night on a Friday and my joke had no foul language or anything. Did I deserve to get snapped at by this woman?
You said snapped at after you initially claimed to be yelled at, in my mind they are two different things..

My take is, no you should not have been snapped at then, but you need to be yelled at now for not getting over it.. LOL

Just let it go... and if you see it happening to others in the park, step in so that they are not traumatized for years on end..

2thDr

I'm in big trouble if joking about breaking and entering is shame-worthy. Back when my kids were pre-teen and teenaged, and they bickered or griped while in Disney World (shocking, I know) I would say, "Cut it out! This is the Happiest G#% D@$%&# Place on Earth!" Which sent them into howls of laughter, and probably produced nasty looks from thine who sup.

mousehockey37

I wouldn’t say it’s a scar at all. More just something I think about when I’m at Disney and I remember that experience I had there.

We had a group of Brits on our bus one night going back to our resort and they started singing "It's a Small World" and they said they were here for a wedding, I jokingly said to them that the next one to sing "small world" was getting thrown in the WS lagoon, lol. Everyone laughed and I got to know some people from across the pond a little better. Fun bus ride, won't soon forget it.

MrConbon

Original Poster
Get's caught out for being over 30. Makes up a lie to sound legit.

Nah I’m actually 19. Just look at my profile pic. That was actually taken the same day this event happened. Not sure why somebody would lie about being their age on these forums...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom