Did I deserve to get yelled at?

MrConbon

Original Poster
This event was from around 3 years ago however I always have it stuck in my head and think about it from time to time.

I was with a group of friends and were were around 16 at the time. We were in line at Enchanted Tales with Belle late one night and we just got inside her cottage. My friend made a comment saying how it’s so cool to be inside her home. I then said, “Yeah I just hope her father knows we’re here or this is considered breaking and entering”.

After I said that I had a mom turn around and said that my humor was completely inappropriate for the park and I should be ashamed.

I get that we were in fantasyland but it’s 10:30 at night on a Friday and my joke had no foul language or anything. Did I deserve to get snapped at by this woman?

JIMINYCR

Naah... It wasnt anything offensive. It was an innocent joke made by a 16 yo kid, but I might have made the same joke as an adult. Chock it up to a tired mom at 10:30pm that had been run ragged all day and she was blowing off steam at a teen that was conveniently nearby. To be thinking for 3 years that you possibly offended someone... youve beaten yourself up enough. Forget about it and move on. Youve got a great heart with a conscience if this has bothered you for so long.

yensid67

Don't worry about your 'scolding':) The Mom was obviously not in the best of moods...I wouldn't be either if my daughter or son dragged me to Belle's...she might have wanted to get a drink for all we know! But seriously, you need to forgive and forget....this is too trivial to even remember the next time you are at Disney! When you do think about it, don't let it bring your down....even a little...just laugh it off and have a magical day!:joyfull:

AndyS2992

Lol that's nothing. One night I was walking out of Space Ranger Spin and this man grabs me and is yelling and cursing at me right in my face and is accusing me knocking his young son over and walking on top of him and I look around and there's not many people around and there isn't even any little boys in the area so I kept on walking ignoring him until he gave up. I think I would have felt ploughing in to a child like he was describing. I think he was deranged or something. Every time I exit that ride I always think about it.

But anyway, Enchanted Tales opened in 2012, you say you were 16, your profile says you're 32, your picture doesn't look like a 32 year old. Something isn't adding up here ;)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Gave me a chuckle. And yeah I tend to be a bit surprised when someone goes off on me for what they singularly are upset by. Your joke was pretty witty. Me I tend to remember life events like this too. Don't know why but they every once in a while pop into my head.

Sonconato

This event was from around 3 years ago however I always have it stuck in my head and think about it from time to time.

I was with a group of friends and were were around 16 at the time. We were in line at Enchanted Tales with Belle late one night and we just got inside her cottage. My friend made a comment saying how it’s so cool to be inside her home. I then said, “Yeah I just hope her father knows we’re here or this is considered breaking and entering”.

After I said that I had a mom turn around and said that my humor was completely inappropriate for the park and I should be ashamed.

I get that we were in fantasyland but it’s 10:30 at night on a Friday and my joke had no foul language or anything. Did I deserve to get snapped at by this woman?
You said nothing wrong. It was just a little joke and she should have taken it as such. I know exactly how you feel. Every now and then some people can't tell the difference from a harmless joke and feel like it's up to them to tell everyone how to act.

abaker1975

Absolutely not. You were back g fun, she was being sour. I know which one I'd rather be with at Disney.

MrConbon

Original Poster
Lol that's nothing. One night I was walking out of Space Ranger Spin and this man grabs me and is yelling and cursing at me right in my face and is accusing me knocking his young son over and walking on top of him and I look around and there's not many people around and there isn't even any little boys in the area so I kept on walking ignoring him until he gave up. I think I would have felt ploughing in to a child like he was describing. I think he was deranged or something. Every time I exit that ride I always think about it.

But anyway, Enchanted Tales opened in 2012, you say you were 16, your profile says you're 32, your picture doesn't look like a 32 year old. Something isn't adding up here ;)

I don’t really post here often. I think my account is linked with my Facebook I made back when I was 11 or so. I lied and said 1985 due to me liking the song at the time lol. I’m 19 now.

MrConbon

Original Poster
To add on to the story. Once we were in the final room her daughter didn’t get a part but the mom told her daughter to go up and ask for photo anyways. She then turned to one of my friends and said, “If I’m spending money at this place I’m not letting any of it go to waste”. Sounds like a mom who wanted a picture perfect trip.

ToTBellHop

To add on to the story. Once we were in the final room her daughter didn’t get a part but the mom told her daughter to go up and ask for photo anyways. She then turned to one of my friends and said, “If I’m spending money at this place I’m not letting any of it go to waste”. Sounds like a mom who wanted a picture perfect trip.
I could think of some other words to describe her but not in Fantasyland.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

She sounds more like a jerk.

I probably would have gotten scolded by her also, since I would have burst out laughing at your comment....

nickys

Premium Member
that's only offensive to people who still use words like "thine" and "supper"

What's wrong with "supper"? I don't use it much but it's still in use quite commonly over here in the U.K. Lol ;)! I tend to use either tea or dinner, but some would say supper for the meal, others would use it for cookies and milk before bedtime.

Goofyernmost

What's wrong with "supper"? I don't use it much but it's still in use quite commonly over here in the U.K. Lol ;)! I tend to use either tea or dinner, but some would say supper for the meal, others would use it for cookies and milk before bedtime.
Now don't get all upset by a word. Supper - Dinner- Lunch- Brunch-Breakfast are just differences in how areas in the world describe food times. I had a X-BIL that was from a pure trash family that always made a loud point of saying things like... I'll bet they even eat Fried Egg Sandwiches and then laugh his head off about his clever wit and sophistication. When his wife and myself were kids we had Fried Egg Sandwiches often. I don't know why our mother decided to make them, but, we loved them or at least I did, I never asked my sister. That used to make me angry until I remembered who said it, and then it just made me laugh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom