Did anyone have their honeymoon at DW

Mickey&Minnie

We honeymooned at the parks but didn't stay on property. We now try to spend our anniversary there every year, but unfortunately we had to cancel this year's trip. We hope to make it extra special in May.

Jones611

My husband and I were married at the Wedding Pavilion at the Grand Floridian on June 11, 2007! Our honeymoon was at both the Grand Floridian and Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa! It was a dream come true!!!

dcessna

I will be married 26 years on August 22. We had our honeymoon in Disney and I have been going back to Disney every year since. I remember staying at the Comtemporary when it was just $99. I also have pictures of myself with a different looking pooh then there is today. I have four girls, and they love Disney too.
My wife and I, both my daughters and my nephew and his wife. After all, It is the most magical place in the world.

maleficent87

Married Aug. 8, 1987 & left for WDW Aug. 10th @ 5am & was in MK by 9:30am. At the time we lived in S. FL & it was a breeze going up any time we wanted. We stayed at Lake Buena Vista Palace & had the honeymoon package w/a champange basket, etc. Back then was when there was only MK & Epcot and they had just started building Pleasure Island. We had a fantastic time! Of course our son (19yrs old) is also Disney brainwashed & knows he cannot marry anyone who does not love WDW. :lol:

Eyekimore

Married Nov. 5, 1999. Stayed at Dixie Landings- Alligator Bayou. Loved it!

It was amazing! A normally 18+ hour trip from Jersey only took us 15 hours. I guess we were excited!

NWDMD

We honeymooned at Disney for 8 days and stayed at POFQ in 2004. We'll have been there 6 times together in 4 years this Christmas.

PrincessBitty

We got married 8.7.04 and due to reservation issues in Disney's system a week before our honeymoon, they bumped us to concierge at the Grand Floridian with a beautiful view of the castle. They did lots of extras to make up for their glitch (gift baskets, etc) which is why we are even more hooked than we were before. (Plus it made up for the fact that Hurricane Charlie hit the second to last day of the trip! Nothing like a memorable honeymoon!) We go back every year for an anniversary trip or for birthdays. Disney always feels like home and they are so fantastic about making every event special.:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

jerlev

My wife and I honeymooned for 6 days at the then new (opened 8/1) Coronado Springs Resort in Casitas room 3326 on September 28-October 3, 2007. We had the Deluxe Plan, which included 3 full meals a day and unlimited use of most recreation activities. Our first meal was lunch at Coral Reef, which became an instant favorite. We returned later that week for dinner!

Our dining plan was as follows...

L-Coral Reef (EPCOT)
D-Crystal Palace (MK)

B-Maya Grill (CSR)
L-Sci-Fi Dinner Theater (MGM)
D-Hoop Dee Doo (FW)

B-1900 Park Fare (Grand Floridian)
L-San Angel Inn (EPCOT)
D-Polynesian Luau (Polynesian)

B-we slept in!!
L-Chefs de France (EPCOT)
D-Coral Reef (EPCOT)

B-Chef Mickey's (Contemporary)
L-saved room for Fulton's
D-Fulton's Crabhouse (DTD)

B-Garden Grill (EPCOT)

It's always fun to look back at past vacation plans. Since our honeymoon, I have always made a small spreadsheet that we use as a cheat sheet while at Disney World. I list daily park hours, EMH, parades and fireworks, ADR info, and any other special notes. These plans allow us to look back on vacations and remember what we did.

Dwarful

We were married 05-13-95 and arrived at WDW 05-14-95. Stayed on property for a week. We did 5 days at WDW, 1 at Universal and 1 at Sea World. Nine months later our 'little souvineer' arrived. Since then we have been back to WDW numerous times (15+) and have added a second daughter to our family. We are official Disney Freaks!

Grumpy-Fan

I honeymooned with my first wife there 9/21/91 thru 9/28/91. We stayed at FW in a cabin. The first morning in the parks we went to the MK. I had a brand new Nikon 35mm camera with all the fixens hanging on my neck. As soon as we emerged from underneath the train station onto Main Street I was crapped on by a seagull. I went to the nearest restroom to clean off the camera and my new bride went to the Emporium to buy me a new shirt. Oh; The irony of it all. My new wife went to WDW on her first honeymoon as well, and had a totally horrible time. Needless to say I had a heck of a time convincing her to go back with me. We finally went this past Feb. for Valentines day. we had the best time. This Feb. we are going back with our 4yo DGD. We can`t wait! So, it`s all good.

redfive13

Went to Disneyland for my honeymoon 5 years ago. Stayed on the concierge level at the Disneyland Hotel, it was pretty awesome...

eroyee

Got married Feb. 5, 1999, and honeymooned at WL. Loved every minute of it and still do....Now we are mostly staying at POP, though. we still love it......

isuanastasia

My husband and I just got married the 21st of June and we will be leaving in THREE WEEKS (YAY!) the 4th of August to go for our honeymoon. We will be staying at the Caribbean and I am so excited!

We have so many new things planned that we have never done before...the one I am looking forward to the most is dinner at V&A's and the Behind the Scenes tour!

Cheshire413

We've been married almost 4 years and we had our honeymoon at Disneyworld. We just couldn't think of a better place for us! We ended up going back for our 1 year anniversary and after a couple years of going to other places for our anniversary trip, we're now going back to WDW for our 4 year anniversary. We just can't seem to stay away! :lol:

DreamIt

We were married in Disney World in 1996 at the garden in Yacht club. Our room overlooked the wedding site and we got to see all the ceremonies all week. Some couple rented out all seven dwarfs! When it was our turn, there were several people on the balconies watching us. We even got some applause at the end!

Our parents thought us crazy for wanting to be married at Disney World, but they came along. Everyone had a great time and eventually understood why we did it that way.

After we the ceremony, we all had dinner at the restaurant at the Yacht Club. I believe it was called "Ariel's" then. Even though we were exhausted, after dinner we rushed back to our hotel room to change and walked over to Epcot. I've always loved Epcot at night, especially Future World. We strolled around the entire park, World Showcase and Future World, just enjoying the sights, the cool breeze and each other.

We watched Illuminations. I've probably seen the show over 50 times when I was on the College Program, but I was the first time for my new wife. It was a fantastic end to an incredible day.

In September, we're going back with our three children. It will be their first time for each of them. Can't wait!

Frank&Ollie

Married in August of 2006 and Honeymooned the following week, stayed at All Star Movies

First Anniversary spend all week at WDW, stayed at Pop Century

Second Anniversary is coming up in about a month, will be at WDW all week and will stay at Coronado Springs

:sohappy:

BRER DAD

We had our Honeymoon in WDW too! Stayed at All Star Sports, it was my wifes first time in WDW and she was hooked. We have returned every year since. Cant wait till Aug. 19, we leave for POR!!!!!!

WDWRLD

We honeymooned at POR in June of 98. The very next year we returned and without any type of request got the exact same room. Just a few weeks ago we were there and had the room right next door.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom