Did anyone have their honeymoon at DW

Moustronaut

Sure did. Six night at Caribbean Beach Resort in October of 1999. We caught the very begining of the Millenium Celebration but wasn't quite in time for the Food and Wine Festival. Got the wedding mouse ears and everything. We went on the package that included all your dining where you just ordered whatever you wanted and they charged it against points on your room card. We just ate ourselves to death and STILL had points left at the end of the trip. We did parks in the morning, spent time at the resort during the middle of the day, and closed out every night at Epcot watching Reflections of Earth. Simply a wonderful trip.

Highland_Holly

Yup! September 1992... 8 days at the Yacht Club! I think it was around $114/night then. Wow! We had a fantastic trip! We were there for the grand opening of Splash Mountain! Every major radio station in the US was broadcasting from the MK (or so it seemed) and we were interviewed on WJR (Detroit) by Jimmy Launce! :)

~ Holly

MickeyspalJim

We spent our Honeymoon, starting the day after our wedding back in April of 04 at the Caribbean Beach resort for a week. Since that Great week, We can't get enough of WDW.

aj_steig

We sure did! We got married on September 22nd 2007 and honeymooned at WDW from 9/24-10/05. We stayed at Royal Plaza at DTD for the first week and switched to Pop for week two. What a fun trip! I wish I could wear the pins and ears again, that was a blast! We're returning there again for our first anniversary in September. Can't wait!!:sohappy:

benzgraveyard

We did and we live in Florida lol.. We went to Disney about 10 times together before that too. We stayed at the GF with a 40% discount from a friend who was a cast member. It was amazing. If any of you get the chance to stay there we highly recommend it.

ssidiouss@mac.c

I will be married 26 years on August 22. We had our honeymoon in Disney and I have been going back to Disney every year since. I remember staying at the Comtemporary when it was just $99. I also have pictures of myself with a different looking pooh then there is today. I have four girls, and they love Disney too.

Yah.. me and my wife had our honeymoon in Disney World in 2003. It was her first time ever going there.. and we have been having second honeymoons there every year since :sohappy:

dispatchinvt

In July 1992, we spent 4 days at the Caribbean Beach Resort, then 3 days on the Disney Cruise ("The Big Red Boat" at that time). We brought my then 6 year old daughter with us on our honeymoon. We had a wonderful time!

he-guy

Since we met and were later engaged at WDW, it only seemed right to honeymoon there after our sweetest day wedding in 2005. We stayed at a a time share off property, but did find a sweetest day pin at DTD with our wedding date on it. :)

Jerriko

Me and my DW honeymooned there last year. Stayed at POFQ...had an amazing time....lots of Disney Magic...

Expecting our first DD or DS any day now...then hope to return in 4 or 5 year anniversary

Chris

PrincessK

We had our Disney Wedding in May, 2001 and our honeymoon right after! We had the first part of our stay at the Polynesian and the honeymoon part at the Grand Floridian. Looking back it's funny to think that our families and friends were technically on our honeymoon but to them it was their vacations. After our wedding if a member of our family or would see us out at one of the parks they would make a bee line in another direction to try and stay away from us! It was really funny but at the same time really sweet that they wanted us to have our space!

We did the same thing! Our wedding was August 2006 and the honeymoon right after. (Both were at the Poly.) Like you, our family was incredibly respectful of letting us have our space and leaving us alone unless we asked them to come along.

erasure fan1

We got married June 10th 2000 and stayed 10 days at old key west. My mom had bought us those mickey top hat and veils but my wife was too embarrassed to wear them in the parks. We had a few pictures taken with them on and that was it.:lol:

We were engaged on the plane ride to WDW in 1995 and married and honeymooned there in 1997. It was an amazing and memorable trip....got to be grand marshalls in the parade...wore our ears...and just loved every minute of it!! Stayed at Dixie Landings (that's the name we'll always remember it by)! We have visited for nearly every anniversary with the exception of the few years that babies were just born or I was too prego to travel!!!! Heading back in just a few days to celebrate 11th anniversary...can't wait to get my anniversary pin!!!!!!:sohappy:

Wildcat99

I met my husband back in 1999. He never thought he would like DW. I got him to go in 2000. He's been hooked ever since. WE got married in 2003, and spent our honeymoon there. We are planning our 5th trip April, 2009. Counting down the days.

colleen2997

Yes, we did our honeymoon in October of last year during the Wine and Festival. We stayed at Polynesian. It was our best trip ever. We had so much fun wearing the bride and groom ears. We got lots of attention and special perks for wearing them! We kept busy at the parks during the day and had drinks at night in the resort bar.

WildLodgeFan

We honeymooned at DisneyWorld in 1990, staying at the Contemporary. We had a magical experience that I still remember to this day. I tease my husband because he danced with one of the ladies at the Biergarten. We went to the Hoop De Doo Revue and danced during the honeymoons and wedding anniversary portion of the show.

We will be returning back this year to celebrate our oldest child's 16th birthday and plan to return back in 4 year's when DH turns 50!

Ultimate dream for both of us to visit all the parks one day - so hopefully for our 25th anniversary we can go on a European trip that would include a stop at the resort in Paris.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
It was a few years ago...but yes, we split our time between WDW and Lauderdale.
In Disney, we stayed at one of the two on site hotels....Poly, and visited the one park....MK

...yup, a few years ago....

PineapplePrincess

We got married on Aug. 6, 1994, and stayed for a week at Poly. We have been back many times since, but we are really looking forward to Aug. 2009, when we will celebrate our 15th anniversary (without DD) at AKL.

DiPSU224

We were married May 20, 2006 and flew to WDW the 22nd. Every year before we budgeted like crazy and for our honeymoon we splurged like never before. We always dreamed of staying at the Poly so we did. It was our best trip ever.

Pippa

We stayed at POR for our honeymoon in November 2005. We asked for $$$ as our wedding list as we were already living together and had a house full of stuff. We did the Backstage Magic tour and had dinner at V&As, it was fantastic.

The best bit was wearing the wedding hats and getting lots of free goodies and being spoilt by the CMs at the Adventurers Club every night. We got engaged there and they made us feel so special.

SAVE THE AC!!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom